Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 9th November - New Orleans Pelicans @ Charlotte Hornets - 1-7

Pelicans 9th November - New Orleans Pelicans @ Charlotte Hornets - 1-7

For God's Sake, please win a game.

I'm not going to go on at length. We take on the Hornets tonight. They're 4-4, so they're sitting pretty at .500 right now. We're 1 and 7. Last game was depressing to watch, since the entire team looked like it was playing disinterested. That's not a critique of their mindset, maybe they were all hyped inside, but it's a critique of the result that they put out onto the floor. It was bad.

Lonzo Ball has been listed as out due to his adductor strain, and Josh Gray has been recalled from the G-League, because I guess the idea of having to only run 12 people tonight was just too much for Gentry to handle. I'm being harsh there, I know, but I feel despondent about this team right now.

Let's go out there and do our best, and, for the maybe the second time this season, can we please play with some energy? #WBD is supposed to be an attitude rather than just a slogan. Would be nice to see it.
    Basketball.

Also, I know it's not gonna happen, but we should start:

NAW/Jrue/Ingram/Kenrich/Favors

and look to run only 8-10 guys. Something like those 5 with maybe Hart/Hayes/Frank/Okafor as the backups. That's 9 guys, that's enough for a legitimate, normal, NBA rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Also, I know it's not gonna happen, but we should start:

NAW/Jrue/Ingram/Kenrich/Favors

and look to run only 8-10 guys. Something like those 5 with maybe Hart/Hayes/Frank/Okafor as the backups. That's 9 guys, that's enough for a legitimate, normal, NBA rotation.

Probably means he does the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Probably means he does the opposite.
    Yeah, absolutely wouldn't be surprised if he started Gray and Okafor, glued Hart to the bench, and played Moore for 25 minutes.

Alvin Gentry Play NAW for 30+ Minutes Challenge

Do it, coward

I seen coaches fail in multiple ways, but I've never seen death by too much depth and rotation decisions.

At least Kenrich is starting.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 11-09-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

At least Kenrich is starting.
    Good...Ball plays like he's arrived. Personally, I think he's missed the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Good...Ball plays like he's arrived. Personally, I think he's missed the bus.
    Well, Lonzo's out for injury (adductor strain), he's not being benched. So it's not a judgement on him or anything that JJ is starting. Lonzo's just hurt.

It's game 9 people.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    At this point it doesn't matter if we win. I just want to see some evolutional development in our young players.

''When you're down by 20, people call it garbage time. Garbage time does not exist for rookies.'' - Antonio Daniels.

Great line.

Jrue drives and finishes on possession 1.

Yes please.

Honestly Jrue should just take Rozier's lunch money all game long.

I'm literally hearing guys talk right now, their voices are being picked up by the microphones.

Not like, a huge amount, but at least some of it. That's rare.

Are we going to play like a real basketball team tonight?

Jrue just tried a skip pass to Kenrich in the far corner, but it hit the side of the basket and just thunked into Zeller's hands lol

WE RAN A PICK AND ROLL WITH FAVORS

AND GOOD THINGS HAPPENED.

KENNY WITH THE 3.

Just put Rozier in the PnR against Jrue all game long and force him to make decisions.

Not trying to get too hype, things haven't been perfect, but the quality of defense we've played so far tonight compared to what we were doing last night is night and day.

Love the variety on offense. Everyone has taken a shot, everyone has scored. Nobody is dominating the attempts.

Us Kenrich Stans: ''PLAY KENRICH, PLEASE PLAY KENRICH, HE'S GOOD, HONESTLY, PLEASE GIVE HIM RUN PLEASE''

Gentry starts Kenrich for the first time so far this year:

3 points, 1 rebound, 2 steals, 1 block, in 8 minutes.

It's been far from perfect.

But this team as it's played so far tonight drops a 30 point loss on the Pelicans team that played yesterday

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    When NAW makes his 3s it's pure.

NAW IS SINKING THREES MORE.

The Franchise
    GTFO refs..

Thread Information