Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 8th November - New Orleans Pelicans VS Toronto Raptors - 1-6

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, like I said, he didn't have the worst game on the team. But any game where you shoot 10 for 25 in barely 31 minutes, and 3 of 10 from deep, and almost foul out, and have a less than 1 AST:TO ratio isn't exactly a game I'd describe too positively.
    Idk what it is but the Pels look like they don’t have any type of offense when he’s in the game other than giving him the iso. I can see why he is getting up those kinds of shots. It seems to be the strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    He looks like he gives more than a damn. That's better than most players on this team.
    Lol don't get me started on Maxey, Okoro, or Tshiebwe from this upcoming draft unless you want me to talk a lot. Huge fan of all three of them.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    What in his scheme isn't working?
    The question should be “what in his scheme is working?”

The answer would be nothing.

Hall of Famer
    Lol don't get me started on Maxey, Okoro, or Tshiebwe from this upcoming draft unless you want me to talk a lot. Huge fan of all three of them.
    This is looking like a team picking in the top 5

The Franchise
    I mean, like I said, he didn't have the worst game on the team. But any game where you shoot 10 for 25 in barely 31 minutes, and 3 of 10 from deep, and almost foul out, and have a less than 1 AST:TO ratio isn't exactly a game I'd describe too positively.
    Sorry, but it's pretty ridiculous to single out his performance in a game like tonight.. absolutely ridiculous. You can't seem to help yourself it seems. lol

You still haven't admitted that you've been wrong about him. He's a lot better than you gave him credit for before the season started.

So far only one poster here has admitted they were wrong about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    The question should be “what in his scheme is working?”

The answer would be nothing.
    We're 3rd in the league in ppg.. The offense is working. The defense is not.

Edit: we're 4th in the league in offensive rating and 1st in the league in assists.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 11-08-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    This is looking like a team picking in the top 5
    Does look that way, yep.

If we pick top 3, we pick Maxey imo, and move on from Ball.

If we pick 4-6, we take Okoro.

Pick 7 and down, then it opens up a bit. I'd let Favors go and take Tshiebwe, personally, because I'm big on Oscar, but if someone like Deni Avdija dropped I could see an justifiable argument for taking him.

Hall of Famer
    Does look that way, yep.

If we pick top 3, we pick Maxey imo, and move on from Ball.

If we pick 4-6, we take Okoro.

Pick 7 and down, then it opens up a bit. I'd let Favors go and take Tshiebwe, personally, because I'm big on Oscar, but if someone like Deni Avdija dropped I could see an justifiable argument for taking him.
    What's maxey position I saw a little bit of him..is he a SG? What's a good comparison for him

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Sorry, but it's pretty ridiculous to single out his performance in a game like tonight.. absolutely ridiculous. You can't seem to help yourself it seems. lol

You still haven't admitted that you've been wrong about him. He's a lot better than you gave him credit for before the season started.

So far only one poster here has admitted they were wrong about him.
    Haven't I? I'm pretty sure I've said multiple times that he's played better than I thought he was going to, and that he's taken some pretty big leaps in multiple areas of his game. In fact, on page one of this very thread I highlighted the giant leap he took as a PnR ballhandler (From 44th percentile last year to 92nd percentile this year).

But just to make it excruciatingly clear, so there can be no misunderstanding: Ingram has looked much better so far this year than I expected him to. Is that clear enough?

The Franchise
    After this game Ingram is still a top 12 scorer in the league.. of the top scorers only one has a higher FG%.. only 2 have a higher 3pt%..

Like I said, this game won't affect his numbers.

The Franchise
    Haven't I? I'm pretty sure I've said multiple times that he's played better than I thought he was going to, and that he's taken some pretty big leaps in multiple areas of his game. In fact, on page one of this very thread I highlighted the giant leap he took as a PnR ballhandler (From 44th percentile last year to 92nd percentile this year).

But just to make it excruciatingly clear, so there can be no misunderstanding: Ingram has looked much better so far this year than I expected him to. Is that clear enough?
    Okay, that's your way of saying you were wrong about him lol..

We should send a lowlight reel of all the missed foul calls in this game to the league office. We should've shot nearly 20 more fts.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    What's maxey position I saw a little bit of him..is he a SG? What's a good comparison for him
    He's 6'3, so he's ostensibly a point guard. I hate doing player comparisons because they're almost never right, but I guess if someone forced me to make a comparison I'd say he's like the half-way point between Patrick Beverley and Damian Lillard, but even that's not quite right.

Edit: maybe like the halfway point between Kyle Lowry and Damian Lillard? That's probably a bit closer, but still not really. Player comparisons are bad.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 11-08-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Guys don’t worry. Alvin said that he will try new lineup combos. We should be good from here on out.

We're 3rd in the league in ppg.. The offense is working. The defense is not.

Edit: we're 4th in the league in offensive rating and 1st in the league in assists.
    WHOO BOY THAT'S DOING A BOATLOAD OF GOOD FOR THIS TEAM.

EXTEND GINTY. HE'S THE BEST DARN COACH EVERRRRRRRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post

So because you cant slander actual facts. You resort to this. Okay.

I know. Dude is a career loser and has people defending his offense that’s run and chuck. His offense is actually affecting the defense. They were exhausted countless times tonight and couldn’t get back because of their own pace.

What in his scheme isn't working?
    I think it is his personnel rotation and the talent he wants to run his system. We are just physically outmatched downlow. Toronto put 3 bigs on the court and just towered over our offense, opposed their will, and did a lot of screen game to rip apart our defense. Gentry wouldn't budge and get another big on the court. They half court press us to death and shut down the the paint. We jack up bad 3s and play soft mentally.

He doesn't match up against opposing teams well.

Offensively... We are a one trick pony. Legit offense can play multiple styles. A lot of it is that we are missing Zion dynamic nature. Yet, Gentry solutions to not having Zion has been a horrible approach.

We got a bunch of 30% career 3pt Shooters and shoot ourselves out of the building. Laws of averages.
    Last edited by Taker597; 11-08-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Guys don’t worry. Alvin said that he will try new lineup combos. We should be good from here on out.
    Whatever lineup combo he chooses, they'll only be on the floor 5 minutes before the sub army begins.

EXTEND GINTY.
    I know this is kind of missing the point of your post here, but I cannot stop laughing at this. ''Extend Ginty'' is going to haunt my dreams.

I know. Dude is a career loser and has people defending his offense that’s run and chuck. His offense is actually affecting the defense. They were exhausted countless times tonight and couldn’t get back because of their own pace.
    Only 2 players played more than 30 minutes. Yet they were too exhausted to get back. Lmao grasping for straws at this point. The team didnt play with energy and didnt communicate. When they did we made strides. Antonio Daniels said all game that Gentry can't be the only one yelling on the team. He was the only one with energy all game.

Only 2 players played more than 30 minutes. Yet they were too exhausted to get back. Lmao grasping for straws at this point. The team didnt play with energy and didnt communicate. When they did we made strides. Antonio Daniels said all game that Gentry can't be the only one yelling on the team. He was the only one with energy all game.
    That seems to me like the coach has lost the players. I mean this is a recurring theme then.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I think it is his personnel rotation and the talent he wants to run his system. We are just physically outmatched downlow. Toronto put 3 bigs on the court and just towered over our offense, opposed their will, and did a lot of screen game to rip apart our defense. Gentry wouldn't budge and get another big on the court. They half court press us to death and shut down the the paint. We jack up bad 3s and play soft mentally.

He doesn't match up against opposing teams well.

Offensively... We are a one trick pony. Legit offense can play multiple styles. A lot of it is that we are missing Zion dynamic nature. Yet, Gentry solutions to not having Zion has been a horrible approach.

We got a bunch of 30% career 3pt Shooters and shoot ourselves out of the building. Laws of averages.
    I think that's just being a young team. Griffin didnt do a good job getting alot of bigs to utilize. Favors/Oak is pretty much it and Hayes outplays them at times.

The Franchise
    I think that's just being a young team. Griffin didnt do a good job getting alot of bigs to utilize. Favors/Oak is pretty much it and Hayes outplays them at times.
    This is the biggest problem in my opinion.. JJ as well.

That seems to me like the coach has lost the players. I mean this is a recurring theme then.
    Lost the players 7 games in? C'mon man. That's not even realistic. It's a young team that does not give energy for 48 minutes.

One solution is to stop playing Redick. We dont have the length to compensate for his defensive errors.

Thread Information