Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 8th November - New Orleans Pelicans VS Toronto Raptors - 1-6

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Nah... That 2nd QT collapse was all Gentry
    How? It literally happened in 4 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    People blaming this on Gentry are being disingenuous af...
    You're right, he didn't play a Frank-Redick-Hart-Moore-Kenrich lineup for 4 and a half minutes during the second quarter, thus meaning only one guy above 6'5 was on the court while the Raptors were playing multiple bigger guys.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You're right, he didn't play a Frank-Redick-Hart-Moore-Kenrich lineup for 4 and a half minutes during the second quarter, thus meaning only one guy above 6'5 was on the court while the Raptors were playing Ibaka, Anunoby, and Siakam.
    Kenrich didnt even play in the first half. Favors was on the court.

You're right, he didn't play a Frank-Redick-Hart-Moore-Kenrich lineup for 4 and a half minutes during the second quarter, thus meaning only one guy above 6'5 was on the court while the Raptors were playing multiple bigger guys.
    Please don’t bother

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Play NAW, Frank, Ingram, Jax as starters every game.

We aint winning ******** this year so get these guys some experience.

If were being honest it's time to sit Redick. He's been useless outside of the occasional 3. His defense and rebounding has hurt the team

The Franchise
    Favors just isn't working out, and Oak isn't a defensive presence at all. Melli is a terrible defender. The problem is coaching, and our bigs aren't that good.

I don't think we were seeing it because Zion covered for them.

Hall of Famer
    If were being honest it's time to sit Redick. He's been useless outside of the occasional 3. His defense and rebounding has hurt the team
    This is the same reddick that was in philly . His defense was always a complaint

The Franchise
    I'd also start NAW over Ball, and make him earn his starting job back if he can.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Favors just isn't working out, and Oak isn't a defensive presence at all. Melli is a terrible defender. The problem is coaching, and our bigs aren't that good.

Zion might have to play center

Or tank for wiseman

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    This is the same reddick that was in philly . His defense was always a complaint
    Okay. But he's not playing with Simmons and Embiid to cover his mistakes. We're a smaller team. He cannot be on the court.

Favors has struggled particularly. It is what it is. I think this team is bereft of confidence at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Play NAW, Frank, Ingram, Jax as starters every game.

We aint winning ******** this year so get these guys some experience.
    Agreed, and when Zion gets here do the same. These are the only 5 guys worth building around.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Hall of Famer
    Okay. But he's not playing with Simmons and Embiid to cover his mistakes. We're a smaller team. He cannot be on the court.
    He will have trade value though and that's on the front office know what players you sign

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    He will have trade value though and that's on the front office know what players you sign
    He's a good locker room presence. Not a good fit on court. Bad signing giving what we paid.

Cause we're hitting them at a top 5 rate.
    That is with 6 games of analytics. We were never gonna be a great 3pt team.

Gotta feel particularly bad for Ingram.

He wasn't our worst player tonight (Lonzo, for example, had a worse night, and so did Okafor in many ways) but his stats are going to take a pretty big hit from this.

27 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block doesn't sound too horrible.

But 10 of 25 shooting (40%) is not good. 3/10 from deep (30%) is not good. Led the team in fouls with 5, was second only to Ball in turnovers with 3, and had a team worse -25 +/-.

Not a great night in the box score for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    That is with 6 games of analytics. We were never gonna be a great 3pt team.
    I don't disagree with you, I have a bunch of problems with our offensive tendencies.

But if the question is ''why are we shooting so many threes'', then ''cause we hit a lot of them'' seems to be the answer right now.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Another 70 games like this, and we'll be picking whichever elite player we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Another 70 games like this, and we'll be picking whichever elite player we want.
    ALL ABOARD THE TYRESE MAXEY TRAIN!!!!!!!!!

The Franchise
    Gotta feel particularly bad for Ingram.

He wasn't our worst player tonight (Lonzo, for example, had a worse night, and so did Okafor in many ways) but his stats are going to take a pretty big hit from this.

27 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block doesn't sound too horrible.

But 10 of 25 shooting (40%) is not good. 3/10 from deep (30%) is not good. Led the team in fouls with 5, was second only to Ball in turnovers with 3, and had a team worse -25 +/-.

Not a great night in the box score for him.
    I don't feel bad for him, his stats for the season won't take much of a hit considering how well he's been playing. And I don't think anybody cares about +- when the team is playing like crap. He actually had an okay game.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I just want to see a Pelicans roster with a good coach. Is that too much to ask for? Every year it’s this player and that player sucks and all this. These losses are on the coach. He is trying to run a scheme that doesn’t fit his personnel. It’s really that simple

I don't feel bad for him, his stats for the season won't take much of a hit considering how well he's been playing. And I don't think anybody cares about +- when the team is playing like crap. He actually had an okay game.
    I mean, like I said, he didn't have the worst game on the team. But any game where you shoot 10 for 25 in barely 31 minutes, and 3 of 10 from deep, and almost foul out, and have a less than 1 AST:TO ratio isn't exactly a game I'd describe too positively.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    ALL ABOARD THE TYRESE MAXEY TRAIN!!!!!!!!!
    He looks like he gives more than a damn. That's better than most players on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I just want to see a Pelicans roster with a good coach. Is that too much to ask for? Every year it’s this player and that player sucks and all this. These losses are on the coach. He is trying to run a scheme that doesn’t fit his personnel. It’s really that simple
    What in his scheme isn't working?

Thread Information