Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th November - New Orleans Pelicans VS Toronto Raptors - 1-6

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    this team is quitting already.

Why has Hayes not come in?

Why is Meli still sitting?

Gentry has ZERO game perception. He keeps making the wrong decision.

And holy crap can you show up for ONE GAME JRUE!?!?!?
    Jaxson Hayes is giving up like 90% at the rim and Melli has hit ONE three since the Raptors game.

Well... Since Toronto can't use 3 bigs on Gentry dumbass.

*Cue Pelicans mini-comeback before choking away small lead in the 4th*

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    On the plus side, Jrue has just driven and finished at the rim for the 3rd time this quarter so if he can just spend the rest of this game getting himself back to his best I'll take it.
    It was always more likely than not that Jrue would regress (egress?) to the mean

Mmm love that longboi

Jrue just deciding that he's tired of this and starting to take over, just as the half ends.

If he comes out with fire under him in the third, we might be able to get this to 10 or so heading into the fourth.
    Basketball.

This team has no offence or defense.
    They are worse than last season when AD was sitting out.
    The only reason they score on anything is off fast breaks.
    This offense is not sustainable long term.
    My men's basketball run more offense in the half court then this team does.

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    It was always more likely than not that Jrue would regress (egress?) to the mean
    Oh yeah for sure. I've been saying for the past several games that people just need to have a little patience with Jrue. Is it frustrating that he takes a handful of games to ''get back into it'' every year? Yes, it is. But it's also not a surprise at this point, and people getting themselves into a hissy fit because he's had a rough October is frankly just silly.

This Pelicans vs Raptors game is an embarrassment to the USA.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Cannot give up 45 points in a quarter. Toronto was on fire but we are still not communicating on defense. They literally teach this in high school. Our players are tripping.

Oh yeah for sure. I've been saying for the past several games that people just need to have a little patience with Jrue. Is it frustrating that he takes a handful of games to ''get back into it'' every year? Yes, it is. But it's also not a surprise at this point, and people getting themselves into a hissy fit because he's had a rough October is frankly just silly.
    The fact that the team has being doing so poorly has amplified the criticism on him, even though he's the only one on the team playing the slightest bit of defense (Lonzo has been decent in spurts)

Ball is pathetic

The fact that the team has being doing so poorly has amplified the criticism on him, even though he's the only one on the team playing the slightest bit of defense (Lonzo has been decent in spurts)
    The problem is that pretty much everyone has been decent in spurts, but nobody has really been consistently good, and of course, team-defense is a thing that only a handful of our guys seem to understand conceptually.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Ball is pathetic
    LaTimid Ball is how I see it

Lakers might actually have won this trade

Part of Holiday's problem is Ball. Holiday is a two who's forced to play the one because Ball is a one who thinks he's a two.

If only we got like five picks in this draft that we've yet to even see...

There were three possessions in a row where Toronto has 3 wide open 3 point shooters. We need to stop crashing into the paint with the ballhandler and stop overhelping. At the end of the half we did a slightly better job, but we’ve dug our selves a huge deficit. Same old same ol

Hope Cleveland falls outside of the top then, then package their pick and our pick this year together to move up in the draft and take Tyrese Maxey. Then, next year, we trade everything we can to try and secure a top 3 pick and draft Cade Cunningham in 2021.

Will it cost us all the Lakers assets? Yes. Will it be worth it? Also yes, probably.

It can't just be Jrue moving and Redick moving off ball. Way too much standing around.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    This team has no offence or defense.
    They are worse than last season when AD was sitting out.
    The only reason they score on anything is off fast breaks.
    This offense is not sustainable long term.
    My men's basketball run more offense in the half court then this team does.

Pathetic.
    That was Nurse adjustment . He sat 3 bigs on Gentry and took away the paint.

WAIT, HOLD THE PHONE

WE PLAYED A COMPETENT DEFENSIVE POSSESSION.

I’ll never be able to hold my head up high next time I am visiting Canada, not after this beating.

Hope Cleveland falls outside of the top then, then package their pick and our pick this year together to move up in the draft and take Tyrese Maxey. Then, next year, we trade everything we can to try and secure a top 3 pick and draft Cade Cunningham in 2021.

Will it cost us all the Lakers assets? Yes. Will it be worth it? Also yes, probably.
    I hope that the DeMarcus was a bade trade threads will stop also. You trade for the superstar talent 10/10 times

Lonzo doesn't have a first step.

Lonzo doesn't have a first step.
    Looking at those skinny legs. I ain't surprised

Something I find so weird about Ball...is he doesn't seem to be a plus ball handler. He just looks awkward when he isn't passing it. Like the way he finishes near the basket.

Lol at people going under the screen on VanVleet.

That makes no sense.

Thread Information