Pelicans Report

Thread: Zion spoke to media today! Knee is getting better!

Zion spoke to media today! Knee is getting better!

Where is everyone today? Perfect timing for a Zion Presser!

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/zi...ronger-day-day

Last edited by 13 - 3; 11-07-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I been lurking. Just not enthusiastic about the team as I usually am. Alvin being the coach doesn’t help my optimism for any news. We could have the Western conference all stars and still be 1-6.

Glad to hear that things are going pretty well in recovery and that the estimated timetables seem to still hold. It's been 2.5 weeks since the start of the season, and he had the surgery just before the season started (can't remember the exact day, but it was in the few days leading up to the season, maybe the 20th? not sure).

Just going from season start, that means he's about 2.5 weeks through the 6-8 week timetable to return. So that's pretty close to half-way through the low-end of the timetable. Which is cool!
    Basketball.

https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball...ion-williamson

"ZION WILLIAMSON
    PF, NEW ORLEANS PELICANS

Alvin Gentry confirmed that Zion Williamson (knee surgery) will not play in November.

Williamson underwent the arthroscopic procedure on his right knee on October 21 and was given a 6-8 week timetable, meaning the earliest he could be back would be on December 3 against the Mavericks. If he's out for eight weeks, that would have him back in action by December 17 vs. the Nets, but he's going to miss at least another month. For what it's worth, Williamson said his recovery has been going "very well" and that he's getting stronger every day."

He is a good kid. You can hear it in his voice. I wish him the best.

From everything I read about the surgery, the only real recovery is the healing of the skin. The meniscus is probably already close to healed.

The Zion banner is back up. Christmas might be coming early!

Thread Information