Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Former Pels coach has the Suns balling

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Lue isnt a good coach that would be a terrible hire
    Then you are saying the Lakers did the right thing? I bet Lue is a HC soon again. Anyway how is Jason Kidd any better? Yet he might be the HC if the communist gets tired of Vogel. I guess we can say Kerr is a terrible Coach too.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 11-05-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I would be on board with giving Vinson or Finch a chance to finish out this season
    That might make sense if Gayle does not want to open her purse.

I can't believe people don't remember that one of the key points in hiring the GM was Mrs B wanted to keep Gentry. Like, this was talked about a ton on this forum, on Twitter, on Pels Podcasts. It was all over the place. Now a few months goes by and people don't remember it? This is crazy to me.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Then you are saying the Lakers did the right thing? I bet Lue is a HC soon again. Anyway how is Jason Kidd any better? Yet he might be the HC if the communist gets tired of Vogel. I guess we can say Kerr is a terrible Coach too.
    Lue isnt good, a lot of his terribleness was covered up by having lebron and kyrie in a conference that wasn't really good.

And yes I think Vogel is a better coach than Lue

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I can't believe people don't remember that one of the key points in hiring the GM was Mrs B wanted to keep Gentry. Like, this was talked about a ton on this forum, on Twitter, on Pels Podcasts. It was all over the place. Now a few months goes by and people don't remember it? This is crazy to me.
    Yep! To me it was the single biggest point other than the AD trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Lue isnt good, a lot of his terribleness was covered up by having lebron and kyrie in a conference that wasn't really good.

And yes I think Vogel is a better coach than Lue

You could say the same for Steve Kerr. Back to us it is really how much money Gayle is willing to spend. We can dream about Calipari. Not going to happen.

Hall of Famer
    You could say the same for Steve Kerr.
    Yea I'm not sold on kerr. Ayesha curry could of won with that super duper team. I was really interested to see him coach the warriors this season with curry draymond and russell but now curry is down

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    First, Ferry did not back away. He was given the chance to resign once the decision was made to hire Griffin. Griffin was given free reign over all basketball operations. To keep Gentry as the coach was his decision.
    This is just not correct. At the time, the new team leader was given full reigns but Gayle wanted them to retain Gentry. It’s really weird that so many Pels fans do not know that Gayle was requiring him to be kept. She felt that he deserved a chance to coach a roster with his style of players. She even said that she believed he was dealt a bad hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Curse this world where no one changes and dogmatically sticks to some arbitrarily observed course of action a random fan somewhere identifies and assumes everyone else is clinging to.

If only we lived in a world were people can and do change their minds, even...or that just because a person is doing a perceptively bad job in one area, they can't, say, be moved into a higher position of authority but safely removed from the areas they are deficient in.

But apparently, we live in the former world.
    I like it. The wording was precise and to the point. I didn’t notice any grammatical errors.

A+

I like it. The wording was precise and to the point. I didn’t notice any grammatical errors.

A+
    Yeah i had to read it again.

Yeah i had to read it again.
    Homie made me pull out my grading rubric and reading glasses.

Homie made me pull out my grading rubric and reading glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It’s selective memory from people that don’t want to be proved wrong. We all do it to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It’s selective memory from people that don’t want to be proved wrong. We all do it to be fair
    Or in other words we are stuck with him. Deal with it? Someone on TD brought up a good point. Let your tix sales rep & sponsors know how you feel.

https://www.boston.com/sports/nba/20...-anthony-davis

Here is one article that talks about it.

It doesn’t mean Griff doesn’t have the ability. It just means that when he was hired, Benson wanted the candidates to give Alvin a chance.
    Where does it say that she required candidates to retain Gentry?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Yeah. This sounds like a weirdly driven excuse to complain and worry without any justification. And frankly, the implied notion that Gayle is afraid to fire Gentry (may not be implied, I feel like someone outright said it) is a little sexist. Never heard anyone accuse any other owners of being afraid to run their teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Yeah. This sounds like a weirdly driven excuse to complain and worry without any justification. And frankly, the implied notion that Gayle is afraid to fire Gentry (may not be implied, I feel like someone outright said it) is a little sexist. Never heard anyone accuse any other owners of being afraid to run their teams.

Yeah I agree

I had to change the photo. Yeah it gulls me that he may have been right.

AD?

Seagulls, or some other kind of gull?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Seagulls, or some other kind of gull?
    Don’t how that came out. Sometimes I think we did not try hard enough to keep Davis. Start with coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    Suns roster is a bunch of kids too. Difference is Monty prioritizes defense and especially discipline.

The only kids in terms of first time players are NAW and Hayes; they’re barely playing right now. All of our big minutes players are 3+ seasons in
    Great retort.

Don’t how that came out. Sometimes I think we did not try hard enough to keep Davis. Start with coaching.
    The good news is we can be confident that will not happen with the current group if Alvin doesn’t turn it around

The good news is we can be confident that will not happen with the current group if Alvin doesn’t turn it around
    Yep. We shall see. Maybe Alvin turns things around.

Thread Information