Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Former Pels coach has the Suns balling

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Don’t how that came out.
    It was a joke, just cause the phrase is ''it galls me'', not gulls me. Just a little joke, from me to you.
    Basketball.

Which happens first?

A)Gentry turns things around

B)Saints go to SuperBowl

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Which happens first?

A)Gentry turns things around

B)Saints go to SuperBowl

I feel like their is only one option here.

It's good to bump a few of these, every now and then, just to show how ridiculous things get, at times.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It's good to bump a few of these, every now and then, just to show how ridiculous things get, at times.
    Sure you bumped a thread . I do think they make a run when healthy in March. I do believe Suns have injuries right now too. But we are beating banged up load management teams right now but it we gel from the wins it will make us better.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 11-22-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Nah.

We can see your comments. Gentry led a team with more injuries into Monty's house and took it to him. The team's season's are on totally different trajectories. Monty is sliding to the bottom while Gentry is trending up WITH more injuries.

You made comments that are absolutely backfiring on you. It's totally legit for the posters who have to put up with the constant negativity and whining to laugh at them.

That Suns squad plays hard! Very impressed. Not sure why it’s bump worthy. They crumbled when they needed their PG towards the end of the game which was expected as Booker isn’t a PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    That Suns squad plays hard! Very impressed. Not sure why it’s bump worthy. They crumbled when they needed their PG towards the end of the game which was expected as Booker isn’t a PG.
    Yeah if anything we almost choked last night. Holiday is not clutch. Monty building a very nice team.

Basketball Guru
    Sure you bumped a thread . I do think they make a run when healthy in March. I do believe Suns have injuries right now too. But we are beating banged up load management teams right now but it we gel from the wins it will make us better.

to be fair,,you would have bump this thread up if the suns would have beat us lol.....hell,,i was kinda looking for you to bump the thread up for the laugh....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    to be fair,,you would have bump this thread up if the suns would have beat us lol.....hell,,i was kinda looking for you to bump the thread up for the laugh....
    We play him again in 2 weeks. Be careful what you wish for!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I can't believe people don't remember that one of the key points in hiring the GM was Mrs B wanted to keep Gentry. Like, this was talked about a ton on this forum, on Twitter, on Pels Podcasts. It was all over the place. Now a few months goes by and people don't remember it? This is crazy to me.
    I remember that being a talking point. I also don't believe that everything that's been talked about by talking heads was based on fact. After listening to Griff when he came in, I'd have to believe genuinely liked Gentry to stay in as coach. Maybe if Giffin didn't feel that way, he wouldn't have been hired? I do know that if he felt strongly that Gentry should not have been coach, either Gentry wouldn't be coach, or Griffin wouldn't have taken the job.

Well then everyone is happy let’s give Alvin another extension.

4 more years!

Well then everyone is happy let’s give Alvin another extension.

4 more years!
    Why don't you just take the reasonable approach of waiting until the end of the season before we evaluate? Let's jump right into hyperbole instead

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Why don't you just take the reasonable approach of waiting until the end of the season before we evaluate? Let's jump right into hyperbole instead
    Signed Dell Demps

By that same token we should judge the season as it goes along yeah? I’m all for evaluating at the end of the season, but a failure to do so objectively and point out all the flaws as well as positives is what we call complacency, apologism, etc.

Sitting on the fence isn’t a bad thing. When you sit on the fence to look down on others, aren’t you being a bit of a hypocrite? It’s like saying you don’t have an opinion when the reality is that your opinion is the exact opposite and you are just hiding it under the guise of “rationality.” It’s a two way street.

I’m of the belief that we fired Monty at the right time. Gentry, at least for me, wasn’t the right appointment. I think people latch on to the idea that it’s one or the other when there were probably other routes we could have taken.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    By that same token we should judge the season as it goes along yeah? I’m all for evaluating at the end of the season, but a failure to do so objectively and point out all the flaws as well as positives is what we call complacency, apologism, etc.

Sitting on the fence isn’t a bad thing. When you sit on the fence to look down on others, aren’t you being a bit of a hypocrite? It’s like saying you don’t have an opinion when the reality is that your opinion is the exact opposite and you are just hiding it under the guise of “rationality.” It’s a two way street.

I’m of the belief that we fired Monty at the right time. Gentry, at least for me, wasn’t the right appointment. I think people latch on to the idea that it’s one or the other when there were probably other routes we could have taken.
    I'm not at all asking that he not be evaluated as we go along, as long as it comes with the understanding that the evaluation isn't complete until the season is over. Regarding Monty, I thought he got a longer leash than he probably should have, but the timing of the firing was very odd considering the way we had finished that season. I'm not convinced that Gentry is the right guy long term, but was good with the idea that he should be kept at least for this season, given how much other change was happening around the team. There has to be at least some sense of continuity.

Wanting to wait for the full season to evaluate is not the same as suggesting he should be extended. It just means that we shouldn't let game-to-game emotions dictate long term plans.

Guys, this is not new. The guy has been bad for 80 percent of his coaching career. Why do people act like he is turning the corner? He has 4 good seasons out of 17. I don’t get the argument.

I'm not at all asking that he not be evaluated as we go along, as long as it comes with the understanding that the evaluation isn't complete until the season is over. Regarding Monty, I thought he got a longer leash than he probably should have, but the timing of the firing was very odd considering the way we had finished that season. I'm not convinced that Gentry is the right guy long term, but was good with the idea that he should be kept at least for this season, given how much other change was happening around the team. There has to be at least some sense of continuity.

Wanting to wait for the full season to evaluate is not the same as suggesting he should be extended. It just means that we shouldn't let game-to-game emotions dictate long term plans.
    I agree. Let him finish. The only reason to make a change would be to see what an in house candidate could do.

5 years and counting for us. Give him more time! Meanwhile Knicks might be cleaning house again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Guys, this is not new. The guy has been bad for 80 percent of his coaching career. Why do people act like he is turning the corner? He has 4 good seasons out of 17. I don’t get the argument.
    You cant say 4 good seasons out of 17 without giving context to that statement. How many of those teams were young, injured or just not good? I can name 3 seasons with the Pels where the team was either injured or just not good; or AD checking out.

3 seasons he took over midseason, which means the teams were already doing bad.

He coached the notoriously bad Clippers organization for 3 years.

He was 158-144 with the Suns on the downside of Nash's career. With a cheap owner in Sarver (who was nicknamed Saver by the suns fanbase) who got rid of players and traded picks because he didnt want to pay them.

I mean seriously looking at his resume. The only question mark is the 99-00 season with Detroit in which he finished 28-30

5 years and counting for us. Give him more time! Meanwhile Knicks might be cleaning house again.
    That's obviously working out well for the Knicks

If your argument is we should be trying to emulate anything the Knicks are doing I would strongly disagree. Waiting to fire him at the end of the season if he doesn't have this team showing remarkable improvement isn't an unreasonable stance to have. I don't know why you are pretending it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If your argument is we should be trying to emulate anything the Knicks are doing I would strongly disagree. Waiting to fire him at the end of the season if he doesn't have this team showing remarkable improvement isn't an unreasonable stance to have. I don't know why you are pretending it is.
    Signed Dell Demps

Wait a minute

Signed Dell Demps

Wait a minute
    Firing Dell Demps mid season was part of a specific plan in handling the AD trade negotiations. What exactly is the plan/purpose if they fire Gentry in November? There are no good coaches available to be hired right now. It just adds chaos to a nearly entirely new roster and before Zion even plays his first game.

You might want some momentary feel good endorphin release from firing Gentry tonight but once that wears off in a week we're left with months of basketball where the team has already given up without a coach or a purpose.

I'm all for firing Gentry. But in November is absolutely crazy. Coaches will be lining up at the opportunity to coach this roster in the summer. We can wait until then.

Cheick got 22 v Denver!

Thread Information