Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: David Griffin should be arrested.

David Griffin should be arrested.

Did the Pelicans really get Brandon Ingram and a boatload of other possibilities for Anthony 'That's All Folks' Davis? I'm sure others will point to Dallas' Hershel Walker deal with Minnesota as being grand theft, but even that pales in comparison to Griffin's heist of Los Angeles. Ingram can ball while Davis bawls.

The Lakers are leading the pack to be fair. Can’t say the trade hasn’t worked out for them yet. If they win a title, it was worth it.

We have 1 win on the season, right now Griff isn’t even a person of interest.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Trade Holiday & Pay Ingram, Get a new HC and things will look up.

One thing is for certain; Gayle needs to take a step back and let Griffin get his guy. I appreciate everything she has done for us, but her insistence on retaining Gentry was a bad move.

Demps created the situation in February. All Griffin had to do was pull the trigger.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Demps created the situation in February. All Griffin had to do was pull the trigger.

imo it was the better deal at that time over boston because I never believed tatum was going to be in a deal for a rental AD....and it was the better deal after demps…...the crime was getting zion in the draft lol...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Jesus Christ. That's like eating a whole pizza solo. Yeah, you can do it.

But you REALLY shouldn't.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Jesus Christ. That's like eating a whole pizza solo. Yeah, you can do it.

But you REALLY shouldn't.
    That might be the quickest chug of a jug of beer I've ever seen

I think it has turned out to be a fair trade. We swapped a generational player for their youth rebuild. Brandon Ingram is going to be an amazing player and Hart has turned out to be the steal of this trade. We have a lot of solid working parts, but its going to take some coaching to get them in sync. I would make the trade again for sure but we have to get them to play defense.

If he should be arrested it should be failing to trade Davis to the Knicks. That strategically was the better move. Ingram is looking like a monster, and IMO was always the real prize in the trade. However we'll have to max him to keep him(not a huge issue), but there's the blood clots issue that will always be hovering over him. That IMO is too risky.

Realistically the Knicks offered us the 3rd pick in a 3 player draft, Dallas picks, the Knicks future picks which would be far more likely to be high draft picks from the Knicks as opposed to the Lakers and young players like Robinson, Knox, Ntilikina, Smith Jr. Pairing Barrett and Williamson alone made it worth it basketball wise and marketability.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    but there's the blood clots issue that will always be hovering over him. That IMO is too risky.
    The risk of none of the Knicks assets being worth Ingram alone far outweighs the risk of the Ingram blood clots returning. I think this is just going out of your way to be a contrarian.

If he should be arrested it should be failing to trade Davis to the Knicks. That strategically was the better move. Ingram is looking like a monster, and IMO was always the real prize in the trade. However we'll have to max him to keep him(not a huge issue), but there's the blood clots issue that will always be hovering over him. That IMO is too risky.

Realistically the Knicks offered us the 3rd pick in a 3 player draft, Dallas picks, the Knicks future picks which would be far more likely to be high draft picks from the Knicks as opposed to the Lakers and young players like Robinson, Knox, Ntilikina, Smith Jr. Pairing Barrett and Williamson alone made it worth it basketball wise and marketability.
    We don't know what, if anything, the Knicks offered. There was speculation that the Knicks would not even be willing to include the #3 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    The risk of none of the Knicks assets being worth Ingram alone far outweighs the risk of the Ingram blood clots returning. I think this is just going out of your way to be a contrarian.
    Willfully ignoring this issue that could potentially cost a player his career is being a homer.

Also ignoring what RJ Barrett has done as a rookie is being a homer. I'm not hating on the Lakers deal. I disliked trading down from the 4th spot more than the Lakers deal itself, but we were able to get a lot.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I think we should consider moving Frank, Jrue, Moore, And/or Favors.

It’s too early to do a trade imo but maybe early next year or during the 2020 draft we can make some moves. I wanna see what we look like with Zion before moving anyone.

I really think Griffin got an amazing deal from Atlanta as well as LA. NAW looks like he could be Lou Williams and Hayes has potential to be really good in a few years. He needs a lot of reps and he needs to get more muscle and focus a lot on rebounding. I’d love for him to be some version of Tyson Chandler. His BBIQ and rebounding must improve significantly. Atlanta also gave us Didi who could be a solid role player. He definitely has a high bbiq. I can’t wait to see him on the floor with the PELS. Atlanta gave us Cleveland’s 2020 top 10 protected 1st. Boy.... imagine Cleveland barely missing the playoffs and us getting the 13th 14th pick. Or the 11th pick. That could be a good pick.

Griff has built a war chest and his next move could be huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Willfully ignoring this issue that could potentially cost a player his career is being a homer.

Also ignoring what RJ Barrett has done as a rookie is being a homer. I'm not hating on the Lakers deal. I disliked trading down from the 4th spot more than the Lakers deal itself, but we were able to get a lot.
    The deal we made with Atlanta could turn out to be amazing. We have to see how NAW, Hayes, and Didi develop. All of them look good and I think we could get the CAVS 2020 pick and land another talented player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point no. Just no.

Sounds like you like getting into this endless cycle of hoping to land a player like Ingram instead of just getting Ingram.

And at this point, worrying about Ingram's blood clot is no different than worrying about a player tearing all their knee ligaments. There are no indications that either will happen. Ingram has been completely cleared.

And no thanks on Barrett. He's doing well on a bad team. But if you actually watch him play, you see that he's very stiff, not really quick, and has a habit of ball hogging.

Ingram's marketing is probably higher than Barrett since if you haven't noticed, Ingram has a ton of Laker fans following him.

I was initially preferring a deal with the Knicks or Celtics, but in hindsight, the Lakers deal has been a gold mine when you consider how well Hart has played as well.

A positive remark about the Pels is not being a homer. When taking in all relevant evidence on the surgery, it's pretty clear that Ingram has made a full recovery and that the chances of a blood clot returning are extremely slim to none. If you want to ignore medical opinions, that's your prerogative; but it's impossible to sit here and watch the start that Ingram has had to pair with the run he had at the end of his season last year and then say that the Knicks package was better.

I think its fair to say that at the time we were discussing all the available deals last April, etc, the Knicks deal was better because of the unknown with Ingram as well as the lack of draft assets the Lakers had available; but with the current medical diagnosis of Ingram and the Lakers lucking into the #4 pick, its pretty clear that the Lakers package was better in hindsight.

I'll concede that RJ Barrett has looked good, and has clearly made some strides since summer league. I like his potential moving forward. I would not, however, consider a Barrett, Robinson, DSJ centered package for Ingram at this point, and until I see something that says theres any sort of likelihood that Ingrams blood clot could return, I will not.

WE made the right trade. I will be at a Knicks game in MSG on the 23rd so I have been keeping up with them and they are garbage. RJ Barrett is having early success on a team with no players. Ingram has progressed with every game excluding the OKC game. He can be a star if he fits in with Zion.

Also ignoring what RJ Barrett has done as a rookie is being a homer. .
    I think there's a difference between ''ignoring'' what Barrett has done, and realising that what he's done isn't actually as magically great as a lot of people seem to think it is.

RJ is playing 37 minutes a night, taking 16 shots a game, and barely scraping 18 points. His TS% is 48.7%, which is about 7% below league average. He has a -14 net rating. He has a -2.8 BPM, and a -0.1 VORP, to go along with a sub-league average PER. His rebounding is okay, but not great (about 8% ish, rebounding rate) and his AST/TO ratio is about 1:1, all of which is pretty average.

His box score stats look pretty good, particularly for a rookie, but a lot of that takes a hit when you realise that he's currently 3rd in the NBA in minutes played and that's how his numbers are being cranked up. Not through extremely efficient play, or domination, or anything like that. Just a case of feeding enough minutes into the machine that the number goes up.

He has shown some signs of improvement at the NBA level, which is encouraging, but it's not like what he's done has been top tier or anything. He hasn't even been a top 5 or 6 rookie so far, and Zion isn't even playing yet.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    If we're not competing for a playoff spot, you trade JJ and Favors. Easy peesy. You hold out until the offseason to trade Jrue unless you get bowled over.

Davis did not want to go to NY or Boston. So why would they even waste their time? They were the ones that backed off not Griff. Knicks never offered 3rd pick. They never even made offer to Durant. I think you need to quit listening to Kellerman. Even Stephen A called him out for being wrong on that one.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 11-06-2019 at 05:43 PM.

The Franchise

It's odd to me when I see comments like this.. Ingram is as likely to get another blood clot as you or I.. That issue was resolved, and it wasn't a blood issue. It was structural. The blood clot matter is a complete non issue. I would have thought everyone knew this by now.

Thread Information