Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: November 4th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Brooklyn Nets - 1-5

Jrue looks TERRIBLE. Even worse... he looks like he’s not even interested.

Favors looks terrible.

Hart is at least trying.

Zo needs to be more aggressive.

Gentry.. sitting there. Doing.... noting.... but yelling at the refs.

Why no Hayes that half!?!?

Also, what the hell happed to summer league NAW???

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This summer. I don't think there's any way Gentry gets fired mid season unless there is a player mutiny.
    Yep. As much as I want us to build a winning culture now, there is no rush. The players would literally have to riot.

Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    Ingram is a bad boy. I’m not nearly as doom and gloom as all of y’all.

This season is just about our young kids blossoming. And Zion being out might mean Ingram will now have the credibility to be a focal point on offense that demands defensive attention.

And now when Zion returns...we’re in for one of the best basketball shows in the world
    I admire your optimism love xoxo

I can’t say I feel the same, but it should get much better once our boy comes back

Hall of Famer
    This team has no leader

It should be the coach

Or the vet jrue holiday needs to rally his team

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I’m not blaming Jrue anymore. He looks like he is over it. The guy has given this coach all he has and he continues to coach this trash brand of basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    This team has no leader

It should be the coach

Or the vet jrue holiday needs to rally his team
    To be fair, I can’t blame Jrue. He is not that guy. He was forced into a role he is not comfortable with. He’d probably be killing it in the right side.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Whoever told people this was a playoff contender did a bad thing.

Even I slightly bought into Griffin’s MVP Jrue spiel. But that’s not who Jrue is.

I knew our D wouldn’t be good. But I didn’t think a defense with Jrue or Ingram could ever be God awful. And I have no idea what’s up with Favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Even I slightly bought into Griffin’s MVP Jrue spiel. But that’s not who Jrue is.

I knew our D wouldn’t be good. But I didn’t think a defense with Jrue or Ingram could ever be God awful. And I have no idea what’s up with Favors.
    Favors looks like he is 38 and not 28

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

It was definitely a playoff contender before Zion got injured. It could be right now with the right coach. This is a rebuilding season. I’ve come to accept that

You can really tell the Pelicans don’t have an actual system cause guys like Favors and JJ don’t know what to do half the time. That’s the biggest sign of a bad coach when vets are lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    You can really tell the Pelicans don’t have an actual system cause guys like Favors and JJ don’t know what to do half the time. That’s the biggest sign of a bad coach when vets are lost.
    The biggest indication for me- I was actually about to say this. JJ is a class act and he is really struggling in this team. Veterans should at least have some earthly clue what is going on.

Hall of Famer
    Favors looks like he is 38 and not 28
    Favors was washed in Utah. Plays sparingly

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    The same vets that were thriving last year. I would say that they aren't a good fit for our system.

And by system I mean: Run down the court and throw up a 3 within 5 seconds, or drive the lane and turn the ball over. And play absolutely no defense in the lane or on the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    The same vets that were thriving last year. I would say that they aren't a good fit for our system.

And by system I mean: Run down the court and throw up a 3 within 5 seconds, or drive the lane and turn the ball over. And play absolutely no defense in the lane or on the perimeter.
    We play for turnovers. Unfortunately for us, we don’t create them.

WTF was that pass Jrue!?

Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    Ingram is a bad boy. I’m not nearly as doom and gloom as all of y’all.

This season is just about our young kids blossoming. And Zion being out might mean Ingram will now have the credibility to be a focal point on offense that demands defensive attention.

And now when Zion returns...we’re in for one of the best basketball shows in the world
    Exactly! The problem is expectations that have been put on this team. The same expectations are in people’s heads with our best player out. We are one of the youngest teams in the NBA with a nearly entire new roster. Nights and stretches like these are to be expected

I can’t help but think Griff expected a better version of Alvin. Unless, he knew this team would stink with him as coach and just wanted a high draft pick. This is a 15-20 win team and I don’t see a reason to play Zion when the team is 3-25 upon his return.

I can’t help but think Griff expected a better version of Alvin. Unless, he knew this team would stink with him as coach and just wanted a high draft pick. This is a 15-20 win team and I don’t see a reason to play Zion when the team is 3-25 upon his return.
    I’m not sure Griffin wanted Alvin. Gayle wanted Alvin, and I think that is the problem. We really needed to clean house.

JRUEEEEEE. TAKE HIM OUT!! LOB PASS FROM THE BASE LINE!?!?

Their is a lot more to this than what we are watching. This team is just not playing for this coach. He has lost them.

Their is a lot more to this than what we are watching. This team is just not playing for this coach. He has lost them.
    That may ring true for some, but I think most of them are just confused and short on confidence. It’s not easy on players mentally when you drop some very winnable games.

I still think we can get this one close. Great pass by Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I still think we can get this one close. Great pass by Brandon
    I did until they started calling a foul every time Irving moves

Let’s go Pels!!

The Franchise
    Ingram doin work..

Thread Information