Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: November 4th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Brooklyn Nets - 1-5

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Depends what's your looking for

This draft is loaded with point guards from cole Anthony to lamelo to rj hampton

Edward's look like an elite sg prospect

Wiseman is said to be a chris Bosh clone and the top big
    An elite SG.

The Franchise
    What do you guys think about starting Hayes with Melli?

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Depends what's your looking for

This draft is loaded with point guards from cole Anthony to lamelo to rj hampton

Edward's look like an elite sg prospect

Wiseman is said to be a chris Bosh clone and the top big
    RJ Hampton is not a top 5 PG prospect in this draft. Listing him above Nico Mannion, Theo Maledon, and Tyrese Maxey is extremely odd.

Wiseman is not a Bosh clone. He is also not the best big prospect in this draft so far. People are very weird, they see a tall, somewhat skinny guy with a face-up game and they go 'oh, it's Bosh!'. No, it's not.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    PELSLIFE is all about the journey! Will soon be risen from the dead by ZION!!
    Is Zion going to coach this team too? That would actually be awesome. Kind of like Bill Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Is Zion going to coach this team too? That would actually be awesome. Kind of like Bill Russell.
    He might have to. Honestly, the energy of this team so far has been pathetic by almost everyone. They play like they care for five minutes at a time, and if they're still down after that they just roll over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    They play like they care for five minutes at a time, and if they're still down after that they just roll over.
    Could that be because of the disjointed substitution pattern of a coach who is lost and trying to find his way? For instance:

"Mr. Melli you started two straight, now sit "
    "Mr. Alexander-Walker, you are going to play even if you don't deserve to."
    "Mr. Moore, you are not good enough to play, but I'm desperate."
    "Mr. Ball, I don't need my starting point guard when the game is on the line."
    "Mr. Williams, you might have the best basketball IQ on the team, but have a seat".
    "Jrue, you da' man"!!!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Why doesn't NAW not deserve to play? He's shooting terribly, but he's doing alright overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Why doesn't NAW not deserve to play? He's shooting terribly, but he's doing alright overall.
    It's gonna be awkward when Zion hits the rookie wall before people really understand how difficult the transition really is...

I'm tickled pink that Hayes got 25 minutes and all he did was 3 pts, but he did a lot of dirty work to get the offense out of a rut and getting much needed experience on defense. NAW just got to grind out and find his shot. It was there all preseason. He'll find it. I hope he gets his minutes back.

Being on bench does no good for his development. Especially, when we aren't really winning games.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Yep, basically this.

NAW definitely deserves minutes. His shot is not falling at all right now, but he's got a great AST/TO ratio, and his rebounding percentage is pretty damn solid for a rookie guard, particularly as a defensive rebounder. Maybe I'd agree that he was playing too much if he was getting force fed 35 minutes a night or something, but he's playing 12 minutes a game. That's absolutely fine, and tbh he could probably do with a few more at times.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    What do you guys think about starting Hayes with Melli?
    At this point just experiment with everything. What do we have to lose?

If we had a shooting guard who could actually SHOOT the ball we would be in a much better spot, but we don't. Some points have to come from somewhere other than Ingram, and Melli can shoot but he is so slow on defense it's painful to watch.

At least we are PRESEASON WORLD CHAMPS . Hang that banner!

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    At least we are PRESEASON WORLD CHAMPS . Hang that banner!
    Don’t forget young NAW was the MvP

We have 9 guys that are under 24 years old. We have been without 1-3 starters since the season started. The one non playoff team we played, we were down 4 starters when Ingram left. And they had a HOFer in CP who played great. I'm not worried. We'll pick it up. Guys are still learning to play together and they're figuring themselves out as well. We'll be fine. We'll hit a stride soon.

We're going to need Jrue to step up and be that leader. He needs to turn into 2nd half of the season Jrue sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    At this point just experiment with everything. What do we have to lose?

If we had a shooting guard who could actually SHOOT the ball we would be in a much better spot, but we don't.
    I feel like you're specifically referring to Jrue, but we have JJ shooting pretty well

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I feel like you're specifically referring to Jrue, but we have JJ shooting pretty well
    JJ's FG% is 39%

Jrue's FG% is 37%

JJ's FG% is 39%

Jrue's FG% is 37%
    I feel like when you talk about shooting, most people think ''three point shooting''.

And Redick's shooting 43% from deep on 6 attempts a game. So he is ''shooting'' pretty well.

I feel like when you talk about shooting, most people think ''three point shooting''.

And Redick's shooting 43% from deep on 6 attempts a game. So he is ''shooting'' pretty well.
    Field Goal Percentage (FG%)
    Field goal percentage is used to measure how well a player or team shoots the ball during a game. To calculate field goal percentage, divide the number of made shots by the total number of shot attempts. Field goal percentage counts all shots taken during live game action.

Field Goal Percentage (FG%)
    Field goal percentage is used to measure how well a player or team shoots the ball during a game. To calculate field goal percentage, divide the number of made shots by the total number of shot attempts. Field goal percentage counts all shots taken during live game action.
    I'm not saying that you're wrong to use FG%

I'm saying that his disagreement was probably a result of a misunderstanding rather than just failing to check the numbers.

I'm not saying that you're wrong to use FG%

I'm saying that his disagreement was probably a result of a misunderstanding rather than just failing to check the numbers.
    I know, I was just being a smart guy.

Thread Information