Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: November 4th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Brooklyn Nets - 1-5

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Don’t forget the worst coach
    But its a murderer's row 5 of 7 though. But this team has enough talent to win most of these games.

I have 0 confidence they can win any of them. Including Golden St again.

They shot 77 percent and made a bunch of 3s. That’s not a realistic efficient offense. Also, if you score 48 points in a quarter, a big lead should be the result.
    Yep. It wasn’t a strong game. One quarter doesn’t change a thing.

The Franchise
    Giannis can't shoot like Ingram..

Some don't like the comparison, but he really is starting to play like Durrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    There was no iteration of possibility where we skip the rebuild right into being a contender. Maybe we could've overachieved and gotten further than we should've...but I don't know if that's the best for our long term outlook. And to speak on this abstract whatever you're talking about as corrupting is without merit. I mean, the Sixers went from a garbage team to one of the NBAs finest.

Did losing corrupt Embiid? Giannis wasn't always a Finals contender. They were 33-49 just four seasons ago.

The same Sixers team that choked to the Raptors in the 2nd Round?

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post

I agree. BI is smooth as silk

It pains me to say it; Jrue needs to sit a few games. I'd start somebody else at the 2...perhaps E'Twaun. It's not like Holiday's defense has meant anything to this team and his decision-making offensively has been atrocious.

I just wish Jrue didn’t decide to look like a linebacker and slow himself down.

He has better handles than Durant. Better passing than Durant. And gets after it on defense more than Durant.

Just doesn't have Durant's weight to finish at the rim. Only piece missing.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    The same Sixers team that choked to the Raptors in the 2nd Round?
    Is it choking to lose to the Finals champion?

That doesn't make sense. Ingram is having a career start to the season, and it's in an isolated vacuum? Gentry isn't corrupting him? Or Josh Hart? Or Zo's shot?
    That’s not really a compliment to Gentry considering Ingram essentially plays point forward on the floor. He is making the most of his opportunities, but it isn’t winning basketball.

I believe the Sixers had a lead in that series too. Crying Embiid

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    He has better handles than Durant. Better passing than Durant. And gets after it on defense more than Durant.

Just doesn't have Durant's weight to finish at the rim. Only piece missing.
    Agreed, and though he's shown an improved 3, you still have to say Durant has him their as well.
    Last edited by Nichols; 11-04-2019 at 09:44 PM.

I believe the Sixers had a lead in that series too. Crying Embid
    Given what the conversation was...unless you're implying that the Sixers lost that series because they were corrupted by "The Process" which was just t-wording, it's not really relevant.

This season was always about building for the future. There was a 12 man rotation vs a 9 man rotation (although that 9th guy barely played). The Pelicans have many new faces and it will take some time for them to gel. I'm not saying that everything is perfect but there are some things that happen on the court that the casual fan is not aware of. It looks bad at times but you can't rush this process...

Both coaches > Gentry

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    It pains me to say it; Jrue needs to sit a few games. I'd start somebody else at the 2...perhaps E'Twaun. It's not like Holiday's defense has meant anything to this team and his decision-making offensively has been atrocious.
    Gentry needs to send him a message somehow. Either bench him or get in his ear. I don’t know if his head went after AD left or Zion got injured, but he needs to get it together.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    That’s not really a compliment to Gentry considering Ingram essentially plays point forward on the floor. He is making the most of his opportunities, but it isn’t winning basketball.
    Never said it was. Just that someone needs to point out a damn good quarter at least. Jesus Christ...

Agreed, and though he's shown and improved 3, you still have to say Durant has him their as well.
    What’s even more insane is that the other team knows BI is all the Pels have and still can’t stop him. That’s superstar material. Imagine what he will do when the people around him need to be respected.

Both coaches > Gentry
    No arguments there

Never said it was. Just that someone needs to point out a damn good quarter at least. Jesus Christ...
    I think we are just tired of it man. It’s hard to do after 5 years of this.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    we need a big who is all about rebounding with some post up offense....defensive scheme is all new with new players learning both ends of the court...defense should come together next month I hope....
    Then you want Steven Adams, and I do too.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Well, at least we know who we have to build the team around. Get Beal. Get Turner. Sign Lebron to back up BI

I think we are just tired of it man. It’s hard to do after 5 years of this.
    Yeah. But for me, it's not the same.

The team has never looked like this. Ingram is the kind of player, apparently, that changes things. We need to put a better coached squad around him, get more experience. But a player like that can win many games. Just need to stop sucking on defense so horribly. Gentry or not, the rebounding is what is baffling me. Josh Hart can not be our hardest board crasher. He just can't. Favors has been non-existent.

But overall, this isn't the same Pels from years past. You can only point to two maybe three guys on the WHOLE SQUAD you don't want out there. I remember our whole 2nd unit was like that not too long ago.

Had friggin' Wesley Johnson on the court and hoping he could do something once. Ugh, those were dark times.

Well, at least we know who we have to build the team around. Get Beal. Get Turner. Sign Lebron to back up BI
    I don’t know how much good Beal will do if he can’t play the 5.

I don’t know how much good Beal will do if he can’t play the 5.

Thread Information