Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Untouchables

The Franchise
    There is almost no such thing as an untouchable player. For the right price just about any player can be had.

Would you trade Zion for Giannis and a first round draft pick? How bout Embiid, and a first?

I would say some players are extremely unlikely to ever get traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    There is almost no such thing as an untouchable player. For the right price just about any player can be had.

Would you trade Zion for Giannis and a first round draft pick? How bout Embiid, and a first?

I would say some players are extremely unlikely to ever get traded.
    For Giannis? I don't think so, but the door is open there to being convinced.

For Embiid? No, not at all. Embiid's body is an absolute wreck. I'm not convinced the guy will ever play more than 70 games in a year, he can't be relied on to carry you through the regular season if you want him to be intact at all for the playoffs, and even if you get to the playoffs resting him in the regular season, there's a reasonable chance that he'll be in bad shape come playoff time anyway. His knees are made of a PVA glue and sawdust.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    For Giannis? I don't think so, but the door is open there to being convinced.

For Embiid? No, not at all. Embiid's body is an absolute wreck. I'm not convinced the guy will ever play more than 70 games in a year, he can't be relied on to carry you through the regular season if you want him to be intact at all for the playoffs, and even if you get to the playoffs resting him in the regular season, there's a reasonable chance that he'll be in bad shape come playoff time anyway. His knees are made of a PVA glue and sawdust.
    I feel you.. I don't think I would either but my point is you'd think about it if coupled with a high enough draft pick.

The Franchise
    And then I suppose untouchables become touchable when they demand a trade... I'd probably never trade a prime Shaq, or AD unless they want it.

People in danger of being traded for a superstar to pair with Jrue and Zion: Everyone not named Jrue and Zion. Ingram has started to etch his name with those two but he has to keep it up a few months to cement it.

Everyone else on this team and every draft pick will be offered as soon as the next tanking team with a superstar decided to pack it up and rebuild with some of our assets.

And no, I don't mean we will literally trade everything for that superstar, just that all those players and picks will be open as pieces to the trade
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I feel you.. I don't think I would either but my point is you'd think about it if coupled with a high enough draft pick.
    I still don't think I would for Giannis, since I believe Zion's maximum upside is Giannis-level with better shooting (Zion showed far more shooting in college than Giannis basically ever has), but that would be something I'd have to at least give some real consideration.

But really, I feel like ''I wouldn't consider trading Zion except maybe for the guy who is currently the best player in the world'' is as close to untouchable as anyone actually gets.

The Franchise
    I still don't think I would for Giannis, since I believe Zion's maximum upside is Giannis-level with better shooting (Zion showed far more shooting in college than Giannis basically ever has), but that would be something I'd have to at least give some real consideration.

But really, I feel like ''I wouldn't consider trading Zion except maybe for the guy who is currently the best player in the world'' is as close to untouchable as anyone actually gets.
    I agree, I could have found better examples/players. I'm just saying there's a combination of assets that one might put on the table that could make almost any player touchable.

I agree, I could have found better examples/players. I'm just saying there's a combination of assets that one might put on the table that could make almost any player touchable.
    Yeah, I agree, there probably is some combination that would make it work. The only issue is that I feel any combination powerful enough to make me want to give up Zion would also be too rich for any team to want to give for a single player.

The Franchise
    Yeah, I agree, there probably is some combination that would make it work. The only issue is that I feel any combination powerful enough to make me want to give up Zion would also be too rich for any team to want to give for a single player.
    True.. Which is why I believe some players are extremely unlikely to ever get traded. The only way these kind of elites ever get moved is if they demand it.

Hall of Famer
    Right now

Zion and ingram

I also would keep hart he is a nice role player to have and would fit well on any team

Thread Information