Pelicans Report

Thread: Piece on BI

Piece on BI

https://theundefeated.com/features/b...-is-gods-plan/

This confirmed what I thought all along:

What kind of freedom do you have in Alvin Gentry's up-tempo offense?

Everybody has freedom. Maybe I got a little longer leash, but everyone pretty much has freedom to do what they want on the basketball floor to create for others and create for themselves. In this offense, pretty much everyone has leeway.
    So early it wasn't Ingram just being selfish. The coaches want him to take over possessions.

And as an aside, I don't get when people call L.A. "fast." SoCal is not a fast pace city at all. I'd say that place is more laid back and chill than nola to be honest. There is so much sprawl it damn near can't be anything other than that.

Coming out of Duke he was being compared to Durant, and his time with the Lakers didn’t exactly lend itself to a healthy development. I want to see him reach his peak with us, but I don’t think we will see his peak for another 2-3 years.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Ingram is an absolute beast and a star at just just 22 years old. He has length that rivals the likes of Durant and Giannis. His defensive has been very under rated over the years do to playing in bad defenses but he is a legit 2 way star.. Scary he will only continue to get better in this area as he continues growing into his body getting stronger while making him even more explosive and versatile then he already is. Should only become a better rebounder do to this as well possibly snagging 8-9 a game. You can run the offense through him as a point forward similar to a Paul George but even more gifted. While at Duke Coach K said he is a 6’9 point guard. He is turning himself into a legit triple double threat as he has been in the past.

Now we get to his scoring which is elite. He can create his own shot at just about any point with a release like the Durants where they don’t worry about it getting blocked. He has an elite mid range anyway he has to take it like many of the greats who have won championships off of this shot like MJ, Kobe, DWade, Dirk, and Kawhi.. His 3pt shot has been nothing but very good from year 2 shooting 39% until now outside of a bad start to season 3 where he then turned into the shooter he was and is now. Ingram is a very dangerous 3pt threat that I believe is going to be on the same level here as Durant. His FT% is a huge area he has improved which many expected as you do for most 19-21 year old kids. Of all players averaging atleast 10 drives per games Ingram is leading the NBA in FG% at 66%.. His drives have resulted in points for the Pelicans 96% of the time which also leads the NBA.. He also was top 3 in the entire NBA as a jump shooter with 47% directly behind Donovan Mitchell 48% and Trae Young 52% but this was before last nights game and I’m pretty sure he is now #1.

We have the best young SF in the NBA and and that’s for players under the age on 28 which would be Paul George. He is easily in the top 5 SFs and there is no question about it. I think Ingram and Zion develop into one of the most dangerous wing duos of all time. The way they compliment each other is about as good as it gets. BI at just 22 years old is a flat out star with super star potential. Averaging 25/7/5 50/40/75 is a super star player when ignoring the name.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 11-05-2019 at 08:57 PM.

The Franchise
    He'd be at 29PPG if he didn't have to come out early on the 7 point game where he was injured.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Coming out of Duke he was being compared to Durant, and his time with the Lakers didn’t exactly lend itself to a healthy development. I want to see him reach his peak with us, but I don’t think we will see his peak for another 2-3 years.
    If what we're seeing is Ingram BEFORE his prime, then he is literally about to step into Kevin Durant's place before long. Not as much a sharpshooter, but every bit as unguardable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    If what we're seeing is Ingram BEFORE his prime, then he is literally about to step into Kevin Durant's place before long. Not as much a sharpshooter, but every bit as unguardable.
    I think he is going to be every bit as good as Durant as a sharp shooter and if not very close. Even if he regresses a decent bit this season again he is only 22 years old all while not being able to pick up a basketball for nearly 6 months getting 0 work on this offseason. For him to be this consistent this early is simply incredible with all considering. In year 2, 3, and now 4 he has been every bit as efficient from FG% as the elite SFs in the NBA including Durant largely do to how good his mid range game has been over the years. If the Lakers had not completely misused him to start year 3 he would have been coming off of a 39% 3pt season. He finished very hot for a nice sample size that has rolled over into this season. I’m not saying he will be Durant good but there is nothing to say he won’t be. He reminds me of a mix between Durant and PG13. Has a skill set and style that resembles a little bit of both. Go look at the NBA SFs and find one that you would clearly rank ahead of him that isn’t 28 years old.. Only player close who I like a lot as well is Tatum. I have watched both their whole careers and Ingram by far has the higher ceiling imo.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 11-05-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    He'd be at 29PPG if he didn't have to come out early on the 7 point game where he was injured.
    That's where "per 36" or "points per minute" is a little more accurate for players that otherwise usually play at least 30 mins.

And yes I think he has potential to be better than Durant. It took Durant a good 5 years before his 1 on 1 skills were almost unguardable. Before that he'd slash in a straight line and fumble/stumble.

BI is damn near there right now at age 22. Mainly because his handle is tighter than Durant's.

And these new official heights have BI listed at 6'7".
    Last edited by luckyman; 11-05-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    This dude's mid range jumper make my heart go pidder padder. Its a work of art! I just can't wait for Zion and BI to get on the court together.

We are honestly better off with him playing a bit of point forward atm. Until Jrue wakes from his slumber or Lonzo becomes more of a factor in the buildup, we should create off of him. He draws all of the attention from defenders

Thread Information