Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: October 31st - New Orleans Pelicans VS Denver Nuggets - 0-4

Quote Originally Posted by bloodypelican View Post
    yes webber there's no way professional athletes can't not eat

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    City Greens is a local healthy nola chain. Zion should hook up an endorsement deal with them and Smoothie King asap. Salad and smoothies for him. lol

Well well well. Looks like Frank went off. Good for that kid. He deserves 20 minutes per game.

Chris Webber? Got a time out?

Finally some positive energy and first win off the season! Good game.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I really want to see a lineup of

Ball, Ingram, Zion, Favors, Hayes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoL just let the 2 haters play victim now like they can’t post. They would fill up 10 pages on a thread in 1 night if I even brought up the potential of this kid.. Now he’s breaking franchise scoring records and crickets.. I just sit back and let the play do the talking. I advise you to just enjoy it and ignore because they never will as long as #14 is here.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    City Greens is a local healthy nola chain. Zion should hook up an endorsement deal with them and Smoothie King asap. Salad and smoothies for him. lol

Well well well. Looks like Frank went off. Good for that kid. He deserves 20 minutes per game.
    yeah really surprising how good he's looked the past couple of games didn't see it coming dudes going to the basket with no fear lol

Listening to sports media and no one is talking about us being the new favorites to win the finals.

Biased losers.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I just sit back and let the play do the talking. I advise you to just enjoy it and ignore because they never will as long as #14 is here.
    Hahaha. Sometimes it is good to think about the advice we would give to another person and actually live it ourselves.

Lol. But for real, too. This team will be great. We had some bad times. We need to cleanse the palate of the board and have shorter memories. Stop holding grudges. Yes, some posters on this board can carry arguments 47 posts past when they should have stopped, but those same back and forths wouldn't happen if other people.....just....ignored it. And let stuff go.

Who hasn't been completely off about a sports prediction?

Except MM. Screw that guy. He gets no quarter.

Pay Ingram! Trade Holiday?

To be fair to Ingram, if his 3 point improvement is real, we are looking at a player that will draw lots of attention and get other people open just by simply being the biggest threat on the floor. That can only be a good thing and I’m very proud of him. I’d blame him for his decision making at times, but at least he seems to have taken the next step at 3 point range. That is huge

It sure was nice to wake up this morning knowing we took care of our business last night. So far my favorite player to watch has been BI and its not even close. Even with Jrue in the lineup he was able to drop 25. If he continues, we are gonna have to pay the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    It sure was nice to wake up this morning knowing we took care of our business last night. So far my favorite player to watch has been BI and its not even close. Even with Jrue in the lineup he was able to drop 25. If he continues, we are gonna have to pay the man!
    Even if he averaged a godawful 13.7 PER again, I think he was getting the max from someone. It was just a matter of if we matched or not. Now it is a no brainer if he keeps this up.

As long as is three is improved, teams can’t really collapse the paint on him which opens up the drive a bit. And while some of his drives are just head scratchers, he can finish at a reasonable rate and having a 3 game will only make that area less congested for him. He likes to be in the paint. 3 ball will help him on drives immensely because they have to crash on him and respect his shot. I can take the negatives because the positives far outweigh them atm.

Yes.

And Okafor was right, they talked a lot more and the defense was much improved. A very good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Pay Ingram! Trade Holiday?
    We already have enough picks for the next 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    To be fair to Ingram, if his 3 point improvement is real, we are looking at a player that will draw lots of attention and get other people open just by simply being the biggest threat on the floor. That can only be a good thing and I’m very proud of him. I’d blame him for his decision making at times, but at least he seems to have taken the next step at 3 point range. That is huge
    I already know I'm gonna get shtick for this, but here goes.

His 3 point improvement won't stay this good all year. Nobody in NBA history has ever shot better than 50% from 3 on 7 attempts per game, which is where he is right now. He's taking damn near 3x as many threes per game as his previous per game high, and is currently shooting 17% better than he was from 3 last year. That will regress, I'm pretty sure of it.

That's absolutely fine, btw. I'm not saying this to like, attack Ingram. He could regress significantly and still be a much improved shooter on last year (could regress a lot and still average, say, 39 or 40% on 5 attempts per game, which is still very good), but the people who are arguing that what we're seeing from Ingram right now is just going to be his entire year are very probably incorrect. He's shooting 50% from 3, on 6.4 a game. That will not hold, almost certainly. He's shooting 58% from the midrange, which is way over his career high and would make him comfortably the best mid-range shooter in the NBA: that will probably regress. And the amount of looks he's taking at the rim per game are actually down, as is his at-rim percentage (34% of looks within 3 feet last year, only 21% this year: shot 68% at the rim last year, only 61% this year).

What this means is that at some point he's going to come back to earth. That's fine, and he can still be massively improved over last year even with that regression. But I just hope everyone is aware that it's unrealistic to expect this from him for 70+ games.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

His 3 point improvement won't stay this good all year. Nobody in NBA history has ever shot better than 50% from 3 on 7 attempts per game, which is where he is right now. He's taking damn near 3x as many threes per game as his previous per game high, and is currently shooting 17% better than he was from 3 last year. That will regress, I'm pretty sure of it.

That's absolutely fine, btw. I'm not saying this to like, attack Ingram. He could regress significantly and still be a much improved shooter on last year (could regress a lot and still average, say, 39 or 40% on 5 attempts per game, which is still very good), but the people who are arguing that what we're seeing from Ingram right now is just going to be his entire year are very probably incorrect. He's shooting 50% from 3, on 6.4 a game. That will not hold, almost certainly. He's shooting 58% from the midrange, which is way over his career high and would make him comfortably the best mid-range shooter in the NBA: that will probably regress. And the amount of looks he's taking at the rim per game are actually down, as is his at-rim percentage (34% of looks within 3 feet last year, only 21% this year: shot 68% at the rim last year, only 61% this year).

What this means is that at some point he's going to come back to earth. That's fine, and he can still be massively improved over last year even with that regression. But I just hope everyone is aware that it's unrealistic to expect this from him for 70+ games.
    I think most people understand that, but I am speaking of it a bit more generally and not in terms of him hitting 50 percent for the year. We just needed to see a vast improvement from there, and if he can maintain a 38-40% average, he is definitely worth it. I’d still like him to take less of the midrange unless he is absolutely forced to and cut down on some of the out of control drives, but I’ll settle for progress.

I need to rewatch the game since I recorded it but I am just dreading listening to the announcers webber actually used to be pretty good now he's just really crappy

No question he comes back to earth, but even then he is above what we saw at LA. 50% for 3 is like batting .400 or something. You can do it but for a whole season? No way!

man oak ate jokers lunch huh

Going into the season I thought if Ingram shot 38% from the arc on 4 attempts per game, that would be a huge improvement to his game. Making opposing teams respect his 3 pointer would open up the offense not only for his own offense but for the team's as well.

Obviously, he's out performing that metric by a substantial margin in the early going, but of course he won't continue to shoot it at this clip. It's also not clear to me if the scouting reports have adjusted on Ingram yet to try and run him off the line with more aggression.

It looks like the coaching staff is getting to through to him about limiting his mid-range looks. He still shoots a few (at a pretty efficient clip) but his volume of 3 pointers is way up and his shots inside 5 feet have remained high, meaning he's going to the rim with some purpose.

If Ingram can stay near 40% while averaging 5+ attempts from the arc per game, he's going to post some monster numbers, not in the least because, as we saw against the Nuggets, he's starting to get clear lanes to the basket as defenders come out to contest his jumper more aggressively. This is the path to peak utility for Ingram on offense. A player who can score on all three levels and draws extra defenders to him generating open looks for teammates with a willing passer feeding them in positions to do damage.

The Franchise
    He actually shot 46.7% correction 52.9% from 3 after the allstar break last season. There's nothing unusual about what we're seeing, it's basically a continuation of what he was displaying last season.

He's going to keep surprising you guys I guess lol..
    Last edited by Nichols; 11-01-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Hahaha. Sometimes it is good to think about the advice we would give to another person and actually live it ourselves.

Lol. But for real, too. This team will be great. We had some bad times. We need to cleanse the palate of the board and have shorter memories. Stop holding grudges. Yes, some posters on this board can carry arguments 47 posts past when they should have stopped, but those same back and forths wouldn't happen if other people.....just....ignored it. And let stuff go.

Who hasn't been completely off about a sports prediction?

Except MM. Screw that guy. He gets no quarter.
    Being completely off about a sports prediction and calling others idiots along pretending as if their word is a joke I have a problem with. It wasn’t just a couple being wrong about a prediction I promise you because I have plenty of stupid saved snap shots as if a couple of people’s word came from God himself. Plus just not being able to let it go with constant bs and playing victim is getting a little ridiculous..

His 3pt shot was never bad outside of his rookie season. In year 2 he shot 39%.. In year 3 he was asked to play entirely different to start the season and once the Lakers adapted his 3pt% and entire game went to another level. He wasn’t a very consistent shooter from 3 at age 19 big whoop. What I can tell you is he has been in elite territory with his FG% over his last 2 years before coming here. He has always had a great stroke so I don’t know why that was such a big question coming in. Anybody that watched enough of this kid knew how deadly he could be from 3.

I think most people understand that, but I am speaking of it a bit more generally and not in terms of him hitting 50 percent for the year. We just needed to see a vast improvement from there, and if he can maintain a 38-40% average, he is definitely worth it. I’d still like him to take less of the midrange unless he is absolutely forced to and cut down on some of the out of control drives, but I’ll settle for progress.
    Why less of mid range? Again he is elite in this area. We don’t tell Kawhi to not shoot this shot and he carried a team on his back to an NBA Finals primarily shooting this shot. It’s not a question of Ingram is good at this shot he has been the best in the NBA at it. Yes certain players I absolutely don’t want but Ingram I want taking this shot everytime he is in his spot.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 11-01-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Lmao!!!! See this is what this guy gets out of these first 5 games with Ingram setting records and playing incredible. We no .... Sherlock he won’t shoot this from 3pt all season! Yes his mid range has been great all before he came here so why can’t he continue to be amongst the best? He has been right on the line of elite from FG% as a SF putting up numbers less then a handful do. Just get over it. Sorry guys he’s only going to regress from an MVP season to an all pro one.. what a shame! Another Hot Take!

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    He actually shot 46.7% correction 52.9% from 3 after the allstar break last season. There's nothing unusual about what we're seeing, it's basically a continuation of what he was displaying last season.

He's going to keep surprising you guys I guess lol..
    Along with 39% for the entire season before in season 2. Only time he was consistently not a good shooter from 3pt was his rookie year at 19 years old..

Thread Information