Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: October 31st - New Orleans Pelicans VS Denver Nuggets - 0-4

Ingram.. for 3

Why is it so hard for us to close down the lane?
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sting View Post
    I agree. We also need more of Frank Jackson.
    jrue has looked scared right??

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Webber being dumb. We could easily be 2-2 right now. Hell, 3-1. We are a talented team. Acting like we have no right to win this game

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Webber being dumb. We could easily be 2-2 right now. Hell, 3-1. We are a talented team. Acting like we have no right to win this game
    exactly the warriors fame is the only one we weren't really in

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Webber being dumb.
    This could have been posted at literally any point in this game and still been true
    Basketball.

Good D on Ingram staying with the driver there, and nice help from Lonzo

Okafor knocking on the door of 30 points

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Prime Hayes, Zion, and NAW gonna be unstoppable
    With Zo and Ingram ����

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    Okafor deserves to see the court just as much as Favors, if not start over him. Favors doesn’t bring the same energy Okafor brings to the Pels offense
    I feel like Favors came here just for the nice contract. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    Okafor knocking on the door of 30 points
    I have been on the Okafor train. Amazes me how fast people give up on players especially ones with elite talent. He has the ability to be every bit as dominant as any big in the post. Put some shooters and people who can create around him and he can be a problem. He has the length and strength defensively to be decent and hold his own. Another young one at just 23 years old..

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Walker AleXander

Lol

It feels like it's been years since we comfortably won a game.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It feels like it's been years since we comfortably won a game.
    Well, the AD trade wasn't that long ago lol.

Ha. True.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    This could have been posted at literally any point in this game and still been true
    At one point, did he switch teams and start talking about Jrue driving when Denver had the ball? Anyone else hear that?

Ingram has been incredible to start the season. I think it’s safe to say with how he left off from last season the kid is a star. There is no way anyone can question this kid is a star and playing at an elite level it looks like he can keep up with at ease. He will only be deadlier once Zion is back.

And that's the win! Halloween night allowed us to break the curse and get a game in the W column. Good game from everyone, for the most part. I didn't catch the first half, so I can't really comment on that too much, but in the second half the defense looked much improved from a team perspective.

Ingram had 0 assists at the half, finished with 5, so that's a good sign that he was focusing more on playmaking in the second half. That's when I like Ingram most, when he's making quick decisions and moving the ball, and it looked great.

Then Jrue wasn't perfect tonight, but it looked like a solid bounceback: finished with 19 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals, on only 41% from field (not nice) but 55.6% from deep which is a very nice sign.

Frank was obviously a huge sparkplug, and Jah had a good game as well on both ends.

Nice to see.

November is a good month to get back to .500.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Ha. True.

At one point, did he switch teams and start talking about Jrue driving when Denver had the ball? Anyone else hear that?
    I didn't notice that, but it's totally possible..

He's a terrible commentator, and not very good at understanding the game.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Ingram has been incredible to start the season. I think it’s safe to say with how he left off from last season the kid is a star. There is no way anyone can question this kid is a star and playing at an elite level it looks like he can keep up with at ease. He will only be deadlier once Zion is back.
    And the thing to remember is he's only 22.. still so much room ahead of him to improve, and get stronger.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    And that's the win! Halloween night allowed us to break the curse and get a game in the W column. Good game from everyone, for the most part. I didn't catch the first half, so I can't really comment on that too much, but in the second half the defense looked much improved from a team perspective.

Ingram had 0 assists at the half, finished with 5, so that's a good sign that he was focusing more on playmaking in the second half. That's when I like Ingram most, when he's making quick decisions and moving the ball, and it looked great.

Then Jrue wasn't perfect tonight, but it looked like a solid bounceback: finished with 19 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals, on only 41% from field (not nice) but 55.6% from deep which is a very nice sign.

Frank was obviously a huge sparkplug, and Jah had a good game as well on both ends.

Nice to see.
    You shouldn't assume he wasn't attempting to playmake in the first half.. You even acknowledged that you didn't see it.

We really need to get Nickeil going. I think that first game being in Toronto was the worst thing that could have happened for his confidence. He missed all except one (he wasn’t even taking bad shots- they just weren’t falling). Our bench would be what it is supposed to be if we can get him going.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    The offense flowed so well tonight. They looked confident and they’re only going to get better. Okafor should continue to be used as a primary weapon on offense. Especially if he can keep getting to the free throw line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    And the thing to remember is he's only 22.. still so much room ahead of him to improve, and get stronger.
    Exactly! Just getting stronger alone will take his game in the paint and defense to another level. He is a gym rat as well so you know he is just tapping into his potential. He is no doubt the best young SF in the NBA. Call me crazy but he has left tier 2 and is knocking on the door of being a tier 1 SF.

Thread Information