Pelicans Report

Thread: At least we are not as bad as Warriors

At least we are not as bad as Warriors

Look at that score

We are getting our first win Monday and LOL To those that wanted Russell on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    We are getting our first win Monday and LOL To those that wanted Russell on our team.
    Will he miss the Pels game?

We gotta have this one tomorrow night. I don’t want to think about the meltdown some of our fans will have if we
    don’t! Ha

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Will he miss the Pels game?
    With that hair, I hope so.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

We aren’t?

Just playing...but we are winless too.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    We aren’t?

Just playing...but we are winless too.
    We've faced two of the better teams in the NBA in the Rockets and Raptors, and another team that (while bad) isn't a bottom 5 team this year, and despite struggles, we've run all three of them close.

Warriors have played OKC (who most believe will miss the playoffs this year) and gow blown out by 30, and when they played the Clippers they got blown out by 20. And looked really bad all the way.
    Basketball.

Yeah, honestly I underestimated how horrible they would look. I just pencilled them in for a playoff spot before the season started: a low one, of course, bottom 3, because of Klay missing and the depth they've lost.

Right now they're looking solidly lottery. Obviously its only two games in and you can never say how they're going to be in the long run, but at this point it's not pretty. And I don't think it's just circumstantial: I think we're seeing obvious signs that the waythey run their offense can't function with the personnel they currently have.

I'm just not willing to overlook a Warriors team, regardless of how bad they look. They certainly have the experience edge over our team, and I'm expecting this game tonight to be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    I'm just not willing to overlook a Warriors team, regardless of how bad they look. They certainly have the experience edge over our team, and I'm expecting this game tonight to be tough.
    Do they have the experience edge tho?

The combined NBA years experience of their team is 43: Klay doesn't count because he's injured, Looney doesn't count because he's also injured, and they're playing 3 rookies.
    The combined NBA years of experience of our team is 53, assuming Jrue plays, and even if he doesn't we're still at 43 tied with the Warriors, and we're playing fewer rookies with both Zion and Hayes not seeing minutes.

Of course, we've had massive roster turnover, so if you mean experience in terms of playing together, maybe, but they have huge turnover too. D'Lo, Cauley-Stein, Spellman, Chriss, Poole, Smailagic, Paschall, and Burks are all first-year Warriors players, and obviously Klay is out so they don't even have that inbuilt chemistry. At least Hart/Ingram/Lonzo have experience playing together as a three.

Why not save this thread after we beat them... I love a good jinx, thanks.

What amazes me is how down the Warriors are on themselves. They keep coming on tv after every loss telling people how bad they are and how much worse its gonna get. I am floored by the honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    What amazes me is how down the Warriors are on themselves. They keep coming on tv after every loss telling people how bad they are and how much worse its gonna get. I am floored by the honesty.
    A perfect example of a the TANK. Thompson won’t be back for a while. Probably already had in mind just to take year off.

Basketball Guru

i hope they dont blackout and go off tonight...

Why lie?

Draymond, for all he's a loudmouth, has always spoken his mind openly, and so has Kerr, and even Curry to a slightly lesser extent. They were always going to spend this season talking, the only real question was what the subject would be. And they suck.

As it is now, I'd be shocked if this Warriors team won 35 games. Obviously there's always a chance for Klay to come back at All-Star break looking great and they go on a tear, or maybe Curry finds his Unanimous MVP form from somewhere deep inside and starts averaging 40 on ridiculous efficiency, or maybe a bunch of their young guys take leaps and they finish the year strong. That's always possible. But just the way things are right now it's bleak for them.

LOL

Turns out we are worse than the Warriors.

As we start the 4th quarter this aged well.

Kiss of Death thread

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The thread was very accurate.

Watch Monty beat them Wednesday.

Apparently the team took this as an insult, and went out there with the express purpose of proving us wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Apparently the team took this as an insult, and went out there with the express purpose of proving us wrong.

Thread Information