Pelicans Report

Thread: CP3 on his way back here? {proposed idea}

CP3 on his way back here? {proposed idea}

From Shamit not me!

As long as he is okay with it

Quote Originally Posted by Coreyinthe504 View Post
    I'm for it.
    meh, if it includes Jrue going out, I would want a LOT in return if we are taking on that contract.

Hey CP3 wanna come back to NOLA and play Lob City 2.0 with Zion and Jax?
    Basketball.

I can’t think of a more pointless trade really. I think he can still offer something to a team that can compete, but we certainly aren’t that and that is a whole lot of contract to take on. It’s a no from me.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I think he can still offer something to a team that can compete
    Would you like to float a suggestion for a team that can compete that would be both willing and able to trade for CP3? Particularly one that would remain competitive after having spent the assets to acquire him?

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Minnesota?
    We said a team that can compete, not a team that's 6 games under .500 before giving up assets.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I doubt he'd wanna come back from a team that may just barely sneak into the playoffs to one who will likely be in the lottery. Plus, I wonder how this offense would adjust o handle CP3.

Ship Holiday out at this point. Come on back CP3.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I doubt he'd wanna come back from a team that may just barely sneak into the playoffs to one who will likely be in the lottery. Plus, I wonder how this offense would adjust o handle CP3.

I think he has been humbled and would return.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I feel like he has very few choices, tbh.

He's not going to get traded to a legitimate contender. They just either don't have the assets (Lakers) or would have to gut themselves such that they would no longer be a contender (Bucks, Clippers).

So he has two real options: stay in OKC, or get traded somewhere that wants you but isn't going to be particularly good. Now, you could obviously argue (as you have) that he would rather stay in OKC, make the 8th seed, get booted in the first round. Maybe that's the case. But it's also possible that he would want to come play Lob City 2 with Zion and Jax for a team that has the potential to be a playoff team next year, and the year after that.

Just want to note that JJ, Miller, Moore and Meli for CP and Muscala gets this deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Just want to note that JJ, Miller, Moore and Meli for CP and Muscala gets this deal done.
    That sounds good . Get rid of a bunch of old farts for one old fart will work. Let CP mentor Zion and NAW.

#FireGentry

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    That sounds good . Get rid of a bunch of old farts for one old fart will work. Let CP mentor Zion and NAW.

#FireGentry
    Yeah I think we could make a playoff push with CP. Look what he has OKC doing. I would like to see his impact on Lonzo as well.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Yeah I think we could make a playoff push with CP. Look what he has OKC doing. I would like to see his impact on Lonzo as well.
    you dont think okc would want lonzo in a cp3 trade?...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    They very possibly would, and I say take him. He's been inconsistent at best and awful at worst, and I don't want to pay him what he'll be wanting next summer. Let the guy go, he's not the lead guard of the future and he doesn't seem comfortable being used off ball.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    I wouldn't give him up. Lonzo is going to be great. He has too many tools, just needs to put them together. Go look at Steve Nash 3rd year numbers as a 24 year old. Some players just take longer. In Lonzo's case he had an unfair shake with the pressure his dad created combined with joining the Lakers, compounded by injuries. But you can see the vision, the speed, the feel. Just needs to put it together.

Now would OKC want him. Of course they would. But they have to be realistic we're offering them pretty much straight expiring to offload CP's contract. It would depend on what's that worth to them but I wouldn't add anything more than Cleveland's protected 1st to the deal.

Edit: Also, OKC has to consider that they will never be drafting top 8 as long as CP3 is a Thunder. If they are cool with being a bottom half lottery team for the next 3 years then that's their prerogative. Their draft scouts better be on point. But if they're trying to bottom out and build it back up, they will have to get rid of CP.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 12-21-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Thread Information