Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: October 28th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Golden State Warriors - 0-3

Quote Originally Posted by PineBeltPelican View Post
    As frustrating as this is right now I believe this team is going to be fun to watch over the next several seasons. I hope I’m right anyway!
    I hope Gentry is part of the team when we become a winning team, are they hiring janitors?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

It’s amazing to me how this team struggles to score in the paint all season but once Hayes comes into the game, we start abusing the paint with Hayes and suddenly the lane opens up for the guards. I don’t understand why Hayes can’t buy any minutes at all especially considering how bad this frontcourt is without Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    This loss tonight was simply bad shooting and defense early on. This wasn’t Gentry or some other crap people wanna say. Plain and simple bad shooting which makes for bad defense.
    And the 11 other times we lose to the GSW since Gentry been here.

It's like outshooting GSW and pushing the pace into their favor is a bad idea, but it's always the players fault. Not this system.

Also let’s chill out. We are in a win win situation this season. It’s all about development and seeing players show their value. Yes we want everything to click on all cylinders which will come when we are healthy in a few weeks. Again a win win.. We make a run at the playoffs them great! We have a crap record because then we have another lottery pick.. everyone knew to expect this so I don’t see the fuss
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 10-28-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    It’s amazing to me how this team struggles to score in the paint all season but once Hayes comes into the game, we start abusing the paint with Hayes and suddenly the lane opens up for the guards. I don’t understand why Hayes can’t buy any minutes at all especially considering how bad this frontcourt is without Zion.
    This is how Gentry treat rookies. Remember Hield? Dog him on the bench instead of letting him play like he afraid to lose games. It's not like he's gonna win them at this point of the season.

Zion was a real monkey wrench to our season

Win win situation... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    And the 11 other times we lose to the GSW since Gentry been here.

It's like outshooting GSW and pushing the pace into their favor is a bad idea, but it's always the players fault. Not this system.
    Just like damn near every team in the NBA has for the past how many years? LoL we lost to a still solid GS team that is playoff caliber.

Ha! Before this game people were saying that the Warriors were trash. Now here we are sleeping in a dumpster.

So I’ll just throw this out there now.. maybe a couple more times over the years.. I was right on Ingram!! LoL

So I’ll just throw this out there now.. maybe a couple more times over the years.. I was right on Ingram!! LoL
    I don’t know what you said, but if you said he would be a franchise player, then you were spot on.

It's whatever. Par for the course.

The Franchise
    Like I said over and over again.. Anyone that actually watched the kid play and wasn't bias would have known this was coming. It was obvious.

Also worth mentioning, he has been playing PG, Shooting Guard, Small Forward, throughout his young career. And now he's playing PF for the first time and doing it well.

What an odd year this will be. Started 4-0 last year, now 0-4 this year.

I do not like that Gentry said he wants 40 threes per game. You see the outcome of that stupid **** so far.

They dont even know how to run plays to get clean looks at the rim. It's all a struggle until somebody jacks a 3 or beats their man one-on-one.

And the defense....woof!

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    IIRC, he really started imposing his will as Curry and Green shut it down. They say this is a stars' league for a reason. Ours are on the bench.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    What an odd year this will be. Started 4-0 last year, now 0-4 this year.

I do not like that Gentry said he wants 40 threes per game. You see the outcome of that stupid **** so far.

They dont even know how to run plays to get clean looks at the rim. It's all a struggle until somebody jacks a 3 or beats their man one-on-one.
    You got so much new personnel. You figured Gentry would like to start season a little safe, but nope. It's all out of control chaos. I never believe their logic behind players get injured regardless if it fast or slow. I firmly believe that Gentry starts the season too fast and we always get bodied by injuries.

I'm not asking for Monty pace, but tone it down a bit. Let the player gel and play safe. Get your defense sound and then up the pace in a few weeks.

So was cutting Wood for Kenny H still the right call?

TERRIBLE first 3 quarters and very good 4. We still have a lot to learn. #WorkInProgress

First loss of the season I've been unhappy about. What a terrible game. We went in there against a team that's equally as short handed as we are, with fewer actual NBA Players on it, and got buried. Ugly stuff.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Like I said over and over again.. Anyone that actually watched the kid play and wasn't bias would have known this was coming. It was obvious.

Also worth mentioning, he has been playing PG, Shooting Guard, Small Forward, throughout his young career. And now he's playing PF for the first time and doing it well.
    Yea majority of my arguments were with people that literally admitted to seeing a handful of games. No joke I was an idiot just for claiming Ingram and Ball could be very good NBA players. Never been a Lakers fan but I have watched I would say 90% of Ingram and Zos games the last 2 seasons. Watched really close last season along with some Boston/Knicks as those were my 3 favorite teams to trade with. Lakers were my clear favorite before Zion. Then factoring in fits and compliments the Lakers became the front runner for me hands down. I just can’t wait to see these 2 with Zion. Ingram and Zion as our wings is so dangerous and is going to be one hell of a duo. I think Lonzo might be the biggest benefactor of Zion. Just excited to watch our young talent this season while every develops. The record this season means very little for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Was paying JJ $26M the right move? Time will tell.

Yea majority of my arguments were with people that literally admitted to seeing a handful of games. No joke I was an idiot just for claiming Ingram and Ball could be very good NBA players.
    Lonzo will be a mediocre, replaceable player at best until he learns how to attack the paint. One reason for the struggles (when the outside shot isnt falling) is Ingram is the only player that can consistently collapse a defense.

If Curry's 6'3", unathletic self can break down a defense repeatedly, Lonzo has no excuse. Even JJ Berea gets into the paint more than Lonzo.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

Absolutely and you know I was a huge Wood fan. Wood had a very solid game tonight it looks. This team has a much bigger need for wings then it does PF imo. Zion/Hayes/Okafor/Ingram/Melli is the future of our PF/C position so I don’t see where the minutes would come for Wood outside of injuries. Kenny is a great end of the bench player to have and right now a huge need being a wing.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    First loss of the season I've been unhappy about. What a terrible game. We went in there against a team that's equally as short handed as we are, with fewer actual NBA Players on it, and got buried. Ugly stuff.
    In your opinion what would you attribute this loss to?

I'm of the mindset that this team looks a lot different with Jrue and Zion on the floor. With that being said, the defensive rotations were really bad. I think that falls on the coaching staff not having the player personnel prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Lonzo will be a mediocre, replaceable player at best until he learns how to attack the paint. One reason for the struggles (when the outside shot isnt falling) is Ingram is the only player that can consistently collapse a defense.

If Curry's 6'3", unathletic self can break down a defense repeatedly, Lonzo has no excuse. Even JJ Berea gets into the paint more than Lonzo.

Don’t agree with this at all. He is 21 years old! I still don’t know what people don’t get about that huge giant factor. Lonzo is already one of the better PGs at passing, rebounding, and defending in the NBA.. His weaknesses were his 3pt and FT shot along with attacking the paint. He has just made huge improvements in his 3 point shooting and in his FT from what it looks like so far. Yes he needs to be better at attacking the paint which I fully believe he will. A big reason he has stayed away from this was his inability to shoot FTs and as he improves there I think we see more aggression and success in this area. Again he is just 21 and if you change that name on the jersey his upside and potential would be talked about a little differently. He has done nothing but improve every area of his game and I don’t see why at 21 we should all the sudden think he is now near maxed out.

Thread Information