Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: October 28th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Golden State Warriors - 0-3

The Franchise
    Looks bad guys but... This is a completely different squad when Jrue and Zion are on the court.

We'll be fine..

Ingram has looked great once again.. Hayes has looked very good tonight as well.. We just simply weren’t hitting shots tonight which lots of time turns into bad defensive play especially against a 3pt fast paced team like the Warriors. Just a bad night

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Looks bad guys but... This is a completely different squad when Jrue and Zion are on the court.

We'll be fine..
    While I know you are correct...just hope we haven’t dug too deep of a hole by then.

All-Star
    Ball is not even trying on D. At least show some pride, man!

Defense will still suck and it won’t get better against good teams. GSW exposed the hell out of that defensive scheme and I expect every other half decent team will continue to do so.

so when does Gentry get the pink slip?

40+ attempted 3s with this squad should get you fired.

Hayes will average 20 ppg when he becomes a starter. His help defense and where to be has been bad but he will only continue to improve. This kid should make you happy alone tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    40+ attempted 3s with this squad should get you fired.
    They’ve done so every game this season and will continue to do so for the rest of the season. Gentry wants 40-45 3s a game.

Comeback starts now!
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Again GS is much better then their record or what some box score said. They are a young team as well but with lots of young talent that can be very good. Tonight they played their roles on what the Warriors want from them as they grow. The Warriors aren’t going to be their consistent championship self but they will absolutely have nights where they run teams out of the gym. Throw in a young Pels team that is missing shots and it can look bad

Quote Originally Posted by PineBeltPelican View Post
    While I know you are correct...just hope we haven’t dug too deep of a hole by then.
    Would it be Pelicans if we did it any other way?

So how awesome is it that Hayes has studied Kareem since he started playing basketball. Perfect big man for this kid to watch!

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by PineBeltPelican View Post
    That's a concern for me as well.. With that being said it's never really too late to establish playing the right way when you're not playing for a title.

It’sa crime that it took injuries for Gentry to even play him. You’re telling me you can’t find 10mpg for him? I’m pissed off thunking about it.

Ok Jaxson Hayes is insane!! This kid has just earned himself minutes now even if that means we make a trade! He is going to be incredible! Only 19 years old!!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I need Hayes to impose his will more on cleaning the glass.

The Franchise
    One legitimate rub on Ball is at times his energy level depends on how well the team is playing. And how well he's shooting.

Damn, Gentry has been a head coach for 17 years and only has 5 winning seasons? He can’t blame all of these losing seasons on not being familiar with his players can he?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I almost wish Ball didn't have a better stroke. He's settling WAY too much. he's worked hard and I love that. But I wanna see Ball attack the rim more. Get to the line. Show how much better of a FT shooter he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    They’ve done so every game this season and will continue to do so for the rest of the season. Gentry wants 40-45 3s a game.
    Glad Gentry brought that GSW offense. Only thing we are missing is the HOF Shooters to make that a viable gameplan..

This loss tonight was simply bad shooting and defense early on. This wasn’t Gentry or some other crap people wanna say. Plain and simple bad shooting which makes for bad defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    One legitimate rub on Ball is at times his energy level depends on how well the team is playing. And how well he's shooting.
    As far as I’m concerned all reasons to rub ball are legitimate.

As frustrating as this is right now I believe this team is going to be fun to watch over the next several seasons. I hope I’m right anyway!

The Warriors were not the trash team that we were led to believe, and we aren’t as good as we were led to believe.

Thread Information