Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How many breakout players can one team have?

How many breakout players can one team have?

BI- Breakout player
    Zo- Breakout player
    Hart- Breakout player
    Frank - Breakout player

Jah and Melli aren’t far behind.

This is a great problem to have.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

This team needs to build chemistry.
    2 full seasons together with the core that they have now minus Moore and Miller and this team will be scary good.

The Franchise
    NAW might be there by mid-season..

It is, it's a fantastic problem.

I've been impressed by Hart and Ingram more than Frank and Zo, to be honest, but still, I could see an argument for them being breakout players.

It also brings up the question: just how bad are the Lakers development staff? They don't have a shooting coach, if I remember correctly, just at all, which is concerning. But D'Lo got better after leaving LA, Randle really broke out after leaving LA, Zubac has been better with LAC than he was with the Lakers, and if Ingram and Hart now break out immediately after leaving... That's a trend, right?
    Basketball.

A few more games from Melli and he’s a breakout player. He has just under 10 ppg on 15 mpg. The more playing time Gentry gives Melli the more he’ll light it up

I never seen so many young players on one team that’s capable of either becoming stars or legit starters. We set up with a deep core for the next decade.
    Last edited by SonOfNOLA; 10-26-2019 at 10:22 PM.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It is, it's a fantastic problem.

I've been impressed by Hart and Ingram more than Frank and Zo, to be honest, but still, I could see an argument for them being breakout players.

It also brings up the question: just how bad are the Lakers development staff? They don't have a shooting coach, if I remember correctly, just at all, which is concerning. But D'Lo got better after leaving LA, Randle really broke out after leaving LA, Zubac has been better with LAC than he was with the Lakers, and if Ingram and Hart now break out immediately after leaving... That's a trend, right?
    This is what I was trying to tell you boss.. They had a poor coaching, and development staff. And no shooting coach.

It’s like an early days Thunder with Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Perkins/Green, and Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    This is what I was trying to tell you boss.. They had a poor coaching, and development staff. And no shooting coach.
    Yeah but... this bad? It can't be this bad. How can a billion dollar organisation with decades of basketball experience whiff on like, 5 consecutive players? It feels impossible.

The Franchise
    Yeah but... this bad? It can't be this bad. How can a billion dollar organisation with decades of basketball experience whiff on like, 5 consecutive players? It feels impossible.
    It's the gripe of many Laker fans lol.. I'm sure you're aware of the some of the front office turmoil, I would say that has a lot to do with why they haven't been on the cutting edge of optimizing their personnel. Not sure if that's changed this season.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    BI- Breakout player
    Zo- Breakout player
    Hart- Breakout player
    Frank - Breakout player

Jah and Melli aren’t far behind.

This is a great problem to have.

Trust the process?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Trust the process?
    Is this ... #pelslife?

Zion, Ingram, Ball, Hart, Jackson, Melli, NAW, Okafor

8 great young players deep wow. If they had experience, that’s a legit playoff starting lineup rotation by themselves.

Zion and Ingram are already elite. Ball has fringe All-Star talent. We have two sixth mans in Hart and Jackson. Melli is on his way to playing like Nikola Mirotic when he was with the Pelicans. Okafor can be a starter if we needed him to be. NAW has potential to develop into a Spencer Dinwiddie type player at some point.

As long as we able to keep them together, we don’t have any holes at any position

Is this ... #pelslife?
    Don’t we need to tank one more time? Or make a big trade for Beal?

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    It's the gripe of many Laker fans lol.. I'm sure you're aware of the some of the front office turmoil, I would say that has a lot to do with why they haven't been on the cutting edge of optimizing their personnel. Not sure if that's changed this season.
    I just feel like it's almost a no-brainer. Like, no matter how dumb your FO is, they should know to hire a shooting coach at least.

Did Durant, Westbrook, and Harden ever score a combined 76+ points in a game on the Thunder together? I think we may have the youngest starting trio to ever score 76 points combined in a game tonight. Ingram (22), Ball (22), and Hart’s (24) average age being 22.6. Harden was only with the Thunder for 3 years and averaged ppg of just 9, 12, 16 during those seasons. If nothing else, Ingram/Hart/Ball are top 2-top 3 in youngest to ever accomplish that

The only bonafide breakout contender of those guys is Ingram, followed by Zo. Frank is evolving. But Jah and Melli aren't even close to having what one would deem a 'breakout season'. Need to pump the breaks a lil

Don’t we need to tank one more time? Or make a big trade for Beal?
    Beal cannot be traded this season, so we can discuss that in the offseason if that is still a want.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Beal cannot be traded this season, so we can discuss that in the offseason if that is still a want.
    Do you think this players really relate to Gentry? Is it time just to elevate Finch?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    The only bonafide breakout contender of those guys is Ingram, followed by Zo. Frank is evolving. But Jah and Melli aren't even close to having what one would deem a 'breakout season'. Need to pump the breaks a lil
    I beg to differ, nobody saw this coming from Hart or Jackson. Those two guys would be MIP candidates on any other team, here they are just a few in a lot of them.

The Franchise
    Hart has shown an ability to do everything he's doing now on the Lakers.. He was inconsistent at times, and an injury slowed him down, but this is who he is.

Minty just beat the Clippers. Monty keeps on winning he could be looking at coach of the year.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 10-26-2019 at 11:51 PM.

Minty just beat the Clippers
    This has been your regular update from 13-3, the forum's premiere Phoenix Suns and Monty Williams update service.

This has been your regular update from 13-3, the forum's premiere Phoenix Suns and Monty Williams update service.
    It is a nice lineup he has there. I was hoping for Oubre here last year. Booker is a beast.

I beg to differ, nobody saw this coming from Hart or Jackson. Those two guys would be MIP candidates on any other team, here they are just a few in a lot of them.
    Look at Siakam who won MIP last season. Jackson is not close to having the leap Siakam had. Hart is building nicely on what he showed in LA

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Ingram and Ball will both be All Stars eventually. That’s my opinion. Josh Hart is great. I think we have at least 3 future all stars on this team. Over time I think we will be really tough to beat. When Zion comes back the league will be incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information