Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: October 26th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Houston Rockets - 0-2

This season is getting better and better ... 2 injuries of leading players and 0-3 start of the season. #PelsLife.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    This season is getting better and better ... 2 injuries of leading players and 0-3 start of the season. #PelsLife.
    We miss Zion’s dominating force in the paint really bad. But the way Jrue has played in the first 2 games has been like he was already missing games. We have a lot of backcourt depth that has been outplaying Jrue so far to make up for his absence while he’s out

Need to find a way to get a W tonight. Just hover around .500 until Zion returns.

This the time for Lonzo to show why he was a no. 2 pick and if he can lead a team. NAW can translate that SL play into regular season success in increased minutes. The opportunity is there in this game for one of the young players in the backcourt to have a huge breakout game .

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    We miss Zion’s dominating force in the paint really bad. But the way Jrue has played in the first 2 games has been like he was already missing games. We have a lot of backcourt depth that has been outplaying Jrue so far to make up for his absence while he’s out

we have in the paint scoring in okafor...imo if gentry would have played him some in the 4th we was down by 2 and our 3s was not falling...okafor could have been giving us some inside scoring or drawing doubles and kicking it out to open players for better 3pt shots.....we could have slowed the game down and took time off the clock and had better shot selections in that time frame where the mavs open the game up getting rebounds off of our 3pt misses and turning them into points for them...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah, I can't remember who it was on commentary but someone said that when he got up he gave that ''this isn't too bad now, but it'll hurt tomorrow' face

Andrew Lopez on twitter saying that it's not reported to be a serious injury, won't hold him out weeks. It's just a day-to-day thing.
    I'm more along the lines that multiple starters have to miss early games. It's Pelicans tradition.

So as soon as I saw that, I said thats it. Jrue is next.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It probably won't be anything serious. Could miss two or three games but nothing huge.

I'm not sure if it will allow cohesion on offense (Jrue's by far our best driver still, and Lonzo can't reliably run a PnR since he doesn't drive) but what it will do is allow big minutes to more guys. Hopefully getting the chance to play everyone again in this situation will let Gentry get some of his ''must play 12 guys'' urge out of his system and actually pick the guys he's going to run with.
    We need an effective PnR and we don’t have it unless Zion is on the floor. Do you think that NAW can eventually be about to run PnR with Favors? We need to solve this problem this season. Speed is great but that doesn’t lead to wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    we have in the paint scoring in okafor...imo if gentry would have played him some in the 4th we was down by 2 and our 3s was not falling...okafor could have been giving us some inside scoring or drawing doubles and kicking it out to open players for better 3pt shots.....we could have slowed the game down and took time off the clock and had better shot selections in that time frame where the mavs open the game up getting rebounds off of our 3pt misses and turning them into points for them...
    We need to rely on both Okafor and Favors more throughout the game. Most of last game’s 1stqtr points came from inside the paint but then there was barely any after the 1st. Gentry drifted away from the paint with a double digit lead and started gunning the floor the rest of the way.

NAW was known for being a pick-and-roll playmaker at Virginia Tech. Scouts said he had NBA ready driving ability at draft time but all NAW has been instructed to do is just shoot 3s. Gentry is experimenting more than utilizing the elite skillsets that he knows exists in his players.

Love Lonzo taking that 3.. He misses that and the board goes nuts

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I love Redick. He has a gravity all his own that attracts attention.

But I don't like him starting. Just too much a defensive liability.

Ingram!!

Gotta watch the TOs.. Already 2 bad ones by JJ and 1 by Ingram.. gotta limit TOs or we will get blown out

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I really don't get what some are panicking about. I've never seen moments where our team has looked so...talented.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Gotta watch the TOs.. Already 2 bad ones by JJ and 1 by Ingram.. gotta limit TOs or we will get blown out
    Yea he's good for at least one or two errant passes a game.. He's going to have to get better there.. He looks good so far though.

That shot from Melli with the and 1 was a great shot! Analytics say no but that is basketball 101

We need some dang rebounding!

Westbrook's hair gives us the win.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Gotta love it! Ingram playing out of his mind and nothing on this board.. Let NAW be doing this and the servers couldn’t handle it.. lol

Crank the tank up in October?

straight up the refs just don't like us period

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

so harden complains to the ref and the ref changes the call lol

Ingram's defense wasn't nearly talked about enough in the trade negotiations...

Dude is like a spider out there on the court

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Crank the tank up in October?
    We don’t need to talk to get 1st round pick generational talents! When it’s time we go to the lotto and win!

refs aren't this dumb when a dude looks like he was just shot everything someone touches him jj literally gets ran into and nothing

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    exactly why you should be banned

The first mock draft is up

Thread Information