Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How far along into the season will it be before you give up on Gentry?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    This is the argument that you made. "Gentry is infamous for starting seasons slow, going on a run against teams that have taken their foot off the gas to survive an 82 game season then struggling to break 500 and often falling far below 500. He is not a good coach. You can scream it into existence all you want. If we are even forced to play half court ball, we implode."

I'm not arguing takes like this. I'm good.
    You don’t argue because you have nothing to argue and you are a pompous baboon like McNamara. If you disagree with something, fantastic. It’s a public board where people are allowed to share their opinions. Instead, you drop a stupid bomb with the Dantoni strawman and don’t have any point at all.

Please, enlighten us. Why do you support Gentry. Stop being a self righteous wuss and tell us. I won’t judge. Not unless you pull another MM

A bit of good news in what seems like a must win game tomorrow.

https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans...5fc3daceb.html

But the 22-year-old was not listed on the injury report ahead of a Monday night matchup with the Brooklyn Nets.
    According to a report from ESPN's Andrew Lopez, Ingram was evaluated for a concussion but did not exhibit any symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    As I've said multiple times I wanted Gentry fired this summer. I do not think there is any value in firing him in the middle of the season and actually think it could hurt the team worse than help it.

Do you disagree and think he should be fired immediately or wait until next summer?

Did we wait to fire Dell Demps ? Something tells me Gentry is just riding on borrowed time.

Same people who are criticizing Gentry will turn around and praise a coach like Dantoni. Very hypocritical. Not even worth arguing baseless points.
    Find where that was posted on this forum.

I'll wait!

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    You don’t argue because you have nothing to argue and you are a pompous baboon like McNamara. If you disagree with something, fantastic. It’s a public board where people are allowed to share their opinions. Instead, you drop a stupid bomb with the Dantoni strawman and don’t have any point at all.
    You're name calling. You've shown who you are. People are allowed to share their opinions but I'm a pompous baboon for sharing mine? Carry on child, I don't have time for your tantrums.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Find where that was posted on this forum.

I'll wait!
    Keep waiting or search on your own. I'm not doing leg work for you and I don't care to prove a point. People have praised Dantoni on this board. Gentry has gotten flack since before he even coached a game for this team.I see you lil MAGA.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 11-04-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Please, enlighten us. Why do you support Gentry. Stop being a self righteous wuss and tell us. I won’t judge. Not unless you pull another MM
    I'm not proving anything to an unintelligent child. Learn how not to name call. Mods where are you? This kid has insulted me twice with name calling.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Keep waiting or search on your own. I'm not doing leg work for you and I don't care to prove a point. People have praised Dantoni on this board. Gentry has gotten flack since before he even coached a game for this team.I see you lil MAGA.
    Alvin, we only give you flack cause you deserve it. What job allows an employee to be unsuccessful consistently and not get fired? The goal is to win and do it consistently, which you have not done. It’s that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    What job allows an employee to be unsuccessful consistently and not get fired?
    Political office.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Political office.
    Touché

So that probably did not happen on this forum. You deflected the question.

I'm not proving anything to an unintelligent child. Learn how not to name call. Mods where are you? This kid has insulted me twice with name calling.

So that probably did not happen on this forum. You deflected the question.
    I mean, to be fair to him, it's extremely plausible that someone has complimentd D'Antoni at some point on this forum that's not some super unbelievable thing that is just instantly doubtable.

Personally, I think D'Antoni is a flawed coach that runs a system that is never going to win a championship, and I also think that he's been incredibly lucky with having talented personnel that fits his style (Nash/Stoudemire in Phoenix, Harden in Houston, for example).

But I feel like if someone was praising D'Antoni, they would have the following as evidence for their praise being justified: D'Antoni has a career 55% Winning percentage, has 2 Coach of the Year awards, and has coached teams to at least 50 wins 9 times in 16 years (for comparison, Gentry has managed that once in 16 years as Head Coach).

So if someone was praising D'Antoni, at least they'd be able to point out that D'Antoni has consistently coached winners for his career, at least in the regular season. Gentry does not have such a record behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, to be fair to him, it's extremely plausible that someone has complimentd D'Antoni at some point on this forum that's not some super unbelievable thing that is just instantly doubtable.

Personally, I think D'Antoni is a flawed coach that runs a system that is never going to win a championship, and I also think that he's been incredibly lucky with having talented personnel that fits his style (Nash/Stoudemire in Phoenix, Harden in Houston, for example).

But I feel like if someone was praising D'Antoni, they would have the following as evidence for their praise being justified: D'Antoni has a career 55% Winning percentage, has 2 Coach of the Year awards, and has coached teams to at least 50 wins 9 times in 16 years (for comparison, Gentry has managed that once in 16 years as Head Coach).

So if someone was praising D'Antoni, at least they'd be able to point out that D'Antoni has consistently coached winners for his career, at least in the regular season. Gentry does not have such a record behind him.
    Lmao! Exactly! D’Antoni is light years ahead of Gentry as a coach by actual accomplishments alone. I was going to post something similar to this if he was to ask me why I felt D’Antoni was a better coach, but he sidesteps the argument without stating facts to back up his love for Gentry.

For the record, I never praised D’Antoni. I just asked if Alvin was a better coach. Which, it clearly doesn’t appear that way.
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 11-04-2019 at 05:41 PM.

Also worth noting Gentry was an assistant for D’Antoni in PHX or was it the other way around?

Also worth noting Gentry was an assistant for D’Antoni in PHX or was it the other way around?
    Gentry was indeed an assistant for the famous 7 seconds or less Suns. That single season with more than 50 wins as Head Coach that I mentioned earlier was his first season as the Head Coach of the Suns after D'Antoni left.

You're name calling. You've shown who you are. People are allowed to share their opinions but I'm a pompous baboon for sharing mine? Carry on child, I don't have time for your tantrums.
    You are an arrogant little child. You haven’t even demonstrated your point yet you make condescending and passive aggressive remarks. Please, explain why you believe Gentry is the guy. You haven’t even elaborated yet. Until you do, you deserve everything you have gotten.

And I am always willing to let bygones be bygones. So please, just be an adult and actually say something.
    Last edited by JJackisangry; 11-04-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Funny. I’d argue you’re unintelligent because you haven’t even made an argument for Gentry. I’m perfectly willing to listen, but you continue to be a coward.

You are an arrogant little child. You haven’t even demonstrated your point yet you make condescending and passive aggressive remarks. Please, explain why you believe Gentry is the guy. You haven’t even elaborated yet. Until you do, you deserve everything you have gotten.

And I am always willing to let bygones be bygones. So please, just be an adult and actually say something.
    You're wasting your time if you think I'm going to provide you with an explanation after you insulted me.

You're wasting your time if you think I'm going to provide you with an explanation after you insulted me.
    This is not going well for you.

The Tank Commander is a tank commander.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    The Tank Commander is a tank commander.
    When is Master P night?

Alvin flat out sucks!!! No other way to say it. This team comes out flat every game without any direction or sense of urgency. 1-6

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Alvin flat out sucks!!! No other way to say it. This team comes out flat every game without any direction or sense of urgency. 1-6
    Someone is going to come on here and tell you that we will be better when Zion gets back, and it’s true (we will), but Gentry isn’t exactly working with chopped liver right now.

Thread Information