Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Game 1 RANT

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Playing 13 players will not be the norm. Just won't. But it's super early...and also we need to feature guys like Frank Jackson and Josh Hart heavily. We need these guys to get eyeballs early. Put them together and bring some more rebounding and toughness to the team. I really wonder if Mac knows more than he lets on mentioning Kevin Love as often as he does...but that also puts us out of participating on the 2021 free agency sweepstakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    SILLY???????? Wow are you GOD now? Only He has the right to judge opinions. Get off the high horse and look at the whole picture.
    ...Somehow, this is even sillier.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    SILLY???????? Wow are you GOD now? Only He has the right to judge opinions. Get off the high horse and look at the whole picture.
    Shut this whole forum down. This is it. The literal worst reply we will ever see. May God have mercy on all our souls

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Playing 13 players will not be the norm. Just won't. But it's super early...and also we need to feature guys like Frank Jackson and Josh Hart heavily. We need these guys to get eyeballs early. Put them together and bring some more rebounding and toughness to the team. I really wonder if Mac knows more than he lets on mentioning Kevin Love as often as he does...but that also puts us out of participating on the 2021 free agency sweepstakes.
    Why would you trade Hart? He just got you 15 and 10. He is the exact tough glue guy you want off the bench that can also shoot. You keep that.

Moore and Frank I think you meant.

Warriors blow now too! If it makes anyone feel better.

We might actually beat the Warriors

The LAC are too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    The LAC are too good.
    I picked the Clips to win the ring this year, so I'm pleased to see this.

They still have Paul George incoming

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Well.....

What the hell was that!?!? If that’s the kind of coaching style Gentry plans on having this season.... I’d say start looking for a new coach NOW (exaggeration).

Gentry took out players when they were HOT (Meli/HART).

He kept in Jrue when he was TERRIBLE AND MISSED TWO TECHNICAL FT!!!

Gentry sat most of the starters the entire forth.... THEN, STARTED THEM ALL FOR OT!?!?!?

Game one and that was VERY FRUSTRATING to watch!

I know, I know... it’s only game one.... but Gentry gave that game away with his middle school level coaching!!

I lost count of how many coaching mistakes Gentry made! Not a great start!!!
    I was saying the same thing!!!! His 3th Quarter line up causes a 6 points lead turn into a 2 points behind!!! I have said it Before!!! i am not a Alvin Gentry fan

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    played 11 players and i love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdee2019 View Post
    played 11 players and i love it!!!
    Actually 12.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Why would you trade Hart? He just got you 15 and 10. He is the exact tough glue guy you want off the bench that can also shoot. You keep that.

Moore and Frank I think you meant.
    Precisely because he played well, I find him a useful trade asset. I don’t see him as a non-tradeable long term core guy.

Not with NAW existing and with Didi on the horizon. I love him embracing NOLA culture. I wouldn’t want him flipped willynilly. I’d want it to be part of a package that brings in an elite player. Like Karl-Anthony Towns or something. Even though I’m still a wee “Meh” on KAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    The LAC are too good.
    Probably more a function of the Lakers being overrated and Golden Sts time being up. They are thin, small, and just terrible right now.

You can tell who wasnt a Pels fan last year by their opinions on Jrue after that first game. Anyone who is asking for him to have been taking out, even though he was our most effective defender against 6'10 Siakam as a 6'3 guard, has clearly not watched much Pelicans basketball.

Gentry coached a poor game, but thats also to be expected with all of these new faces. We can't forget that he set up his rotations for the year with the belief that Zion would play a huge role. It will take some time to figure this out.

Be patient. We're not competing for a championship this year. Losses aren't that bad of a thing if they help you learn and build.

I also think its fair to say that everyone on this team is a trade asset other than Zion, if the price is right. Thats not a slight on the player by any means, just the reality of building a franchise for sustained success.

Thread Information