Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Game 1 RANT

Game 1 RANT

Well.....

What the hell was that!?!? If that’s the kind of coaching style Gentry plans on having this season.... I’d say start looking for a new coach NOW (exaggeration).

Gentry took out players when they were HOT (Meli/HART).

He kept in Jrue when he was TERRIBLE AND MISSED TWO TECHNICAL FT!!!

Gentry sat most of the starters the entire forth.... THEN, STARTED THEM ALL FOR OT!?!?!?

Game one and that was VERY FRUSTRATING to watch!

I know, I know... it’s only game one.... but Gentry gave that game away with his middle school level coaching!!

I lost count of how many coaching mistakes Gentry made! Not a great start!!!

I can already hear Lavar Ball somewhere saying Pels lost to Raptors because Gentry didn’t play Lonzo enough or put him in the best position to Ball

Melli and Redick were the Pels hottest shooters. Instead of drawing up plays for the guys that were clutch, Gentry keeps the ball in the hands of Jrue who played trash all game long

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    Melli and Redick were the Pels hottest shooters. Instead of drawing up plays for the guys that were clutch, Gentry keeps the ball in the hands of Jrue who played trash all game long
    I found myself yelling at the TV over Jrue.

Why not keep doing the pick and roll between Zo and Meli!?!?

In regards to the Ball Father.... would he be wrong in this situation!?!? Gentry’s substitutions were outrageous!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Toronto beat us. They are the champs. We played great. Melli and Hart and Redick look awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Toronto beat us. They are the champs. We played great. Melli and Hart and Redick look awesome.

I disagree. Your post is lame. Did you watch the game.

.... see what I did there?

Toronto did not beat us. They got the "championship" official treatment. That was about as one-sided of an officiated game as I have seen. Even then, we had a chance to win if Gentry even tries. He was terrible tonight. In crunch time he has Okafor, Jackson and Williams on the court with a struggling Jrue and Hart. He sat Ball, Melli, Redick and Ingram for much of the 4th. His rotations made no sense. It was if it was another preseason game.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    I disagree. Your post is lame. Did you watch the game.

.... see what I did there?
    I watched the game. I’ve watched almost every PELS/HORNETS game for over 20 years.

We lost as expected. You don’t give the raptors much credit.

Y’all acting like it is the end of the world.

All-Star
    Honestly this was a game the Pels was supposed to win. Jrue Holiday sold out big time. Gentry late game rotations was terrible as usual smh

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Y’all acting like it is the end of the world.
    LOL, you can tell it's a bunch of new fans.

They need to comeback in January if you hate the rotations. Gentry starts the season like this every year. This isn't anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Toronto did not beat us. They got the "championship" official treatment. That was about as one-sided of an officiated game as I have seen. Even then, we had a chance to win if Gentry even tries. He was terrible tonight. In crunch time he has Okafor, Jackson and Williams on the court with a struggling Jrue and Hart. He sat Ball, Melli, Redick and Ingram for much of the 4th. His rotations made no sense. It was if it was another preseason game.
    They made sense most of the game. Ingram needs to be more aggressive and decisive. Our offense has so much potential it’s scary. The offense was negatively affected by Ingram holding on to the ball too long and by the team adjusting to having 7-8 new players on the court.

I do think they played awesome overall.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    I can already hear Lavar Ball somewhere saying Pels lost to Raptors because Gentry didn’t play Lonzo enough or put him in the best position to Ball
    And he would be right.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I'll say it again. If you play 12 players at least 12 minutes in a regular season game, you are not trying to win.

You are assessing the roster like its a preseason game still. When you just had 5 games to do that.

Btw no one on here can coach the pelicans better than Gentry. I understand being frustrated but the team is going to be developing its chemistry and y’all gonna need some patience lol freaking out after one game.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I'll say it again. If you play 12 players at least 12 minutes in a regular season game, you are not trying to win.

You are assessing the roster like its a preseason game still. When you just had 5 games to do that.
    And the level of intensity in pre season games is non existent compared to the real thing. Just look at how NAW struggled tonight

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I'm about as cynical a fan as there is. I see no reason to be outraged over tonight. In fact, I was encouraged by how the boys played.

Jrue could be better. Rotations need to be figured out. But there's 81 more games left, and we're not at full strength.
    Last edited by kinglio21093; 10-22-2019 at 11:02 PM.

Jrue had an unusually bad game.

I missed the ridiculous overreactions here. Basketball is officially back

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    I missed the ridiculous overreactions here. Basketball is officially back
    Jrue has a bad game to start the year

Some people: ''WHAT?! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR MVP?! THIS IS PATHETIC! WHAT A JOKE! HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF! ASNDFNQSOKDJBGIOASDNGPJASDNGIONSODIGPJASIJODGNPIAS DNGIOAD''

Like, come on guys.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Remember, this team started 4-0 last year and looked DOMINANT. It turned out to be one of the most dysfunctional seasons in franchise history. So, how about we all relax.

Davis going 0-1 too. Everyone take a chill pill now and celebrate the Lakers failure tonight.

Btw no one on here can coach the pelicans better than Gentry. I understand being frustrated but the team is going to be developing its chemistry and y’all gonna need some patience lol freaking out after one game.

Why should that prevent pointing out obvious issues with Gentry decision making?

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Why should that prevent pointing out obvious issues with Gentry decision making?
    My point exactly. Idc if it’s game one, you never make substitutions the way Gentry did last night.

If we lose we lose. However, to me, the way we lost was completely unacceptable.

subs were odd. minutes were odd. we missed our last 3 shots. toronto made their last 3 shots. game. soooooo early in the season. chill.

Thread Information