Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: October 22nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Toronto Raptors - 0-0

That was a really minor foul. Kind of a harsh call on Ingram there.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Dude this guy is delusional! I’m telling you he will not pick ever single thing he does and give credit to not be a complete hater. He’s still upset I was right and we got Ingram/Ball who he hated over Tatum/Brow.. we won that trade!! Atleast be bias when it’s your own team..
    I'm really trying to not be so disagreeable in here but some of these criticisms are odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Yea.. specifically what negative narratives have you seen me pushing in here? Put it in quotes for me.

You've been antagonistic pretty often, even unprovoked. My disagreements with Pelicanidae stem from actual basketball discussions. You just chime in with insults. Maybe you should mute me if you have an issue with my posts.
    oh I've shown you plenty of your dumb posts and so has others but ya know doesn't fit your whole shtick and I would but I enjoy reading dumb posts get called out

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

REDICK FROM 25 FEET

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    REDICK FROM 25 FEET
    and that heat check almost went in lol

Jrue need to pick it up!

If he was playing well tonight we would be up 20.

Alvin Gentry, Jrue Holiday plays best OFF THE BALL. We learned this a few years ago. He is turnover prone.

Let Lonzo handle the ball and set up please. Jesus.

That end-of-clock turnover was classic Jrue in the bad way. Yikes.

If Jrue will play like JRUE in the 2 half We gonna win this game

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    I think Jrue is going to have much better second half. At least I hope.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    oh I've shown you plenty of your dumb posts and so has others but ya know doesn't fit your whole shtick and I would but I enjoy reading dumb posts get called out

You seem pretty intent on being an **********hole.. I'm just going to mute you. Enjoy the rest of the game. And like I thought, not a single example of me pushing a negative narrative on any Pels player.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    In the champs house and up at the half with no Zion. I'll take it. Some feeling out going on. I like our chances. It's hard to maintain the pace without young legs, and Marc Gasol is old AF.

You seem pretty intent on being an **********hole.. I'm just going to mute you. Enjoy the rest of the game. And like I thought, not a single example of me pushing a negative narrative on any Pels player.
    wait so you've already forgotten the favors post lol oooookay buddy and good job on attacking me bro I only attack your posts not you but hey do you

End of the first half, we're up 5. Here's the box score-ish, as it is now, plus or minus number at the end is current +/-

Lonzo: 5 pts, 3rbds, 5asts, 1 of 4 shooting (not great!) +2
    Jrue: 2 pts, 1rbd, 5asts, 1 of 5 shooting (also not great!!) +0
    Ingram: 12pts, 2rbds 1ast, 4 of 10 shooting (not as bad as the other two but still not great) -4
    Redick: 11pts, 1rbd, 4 of 6 shooting (that's more like it) -2
    Favors: 6pts, 4rbds, 1ast, 3 of 6 shooting, -2

Bench:
    Hart: 5pts, 3rbds, 1ast, 1 of 1 shooting, +3
    NAW: 3pts, 3rbds, 2asts, 1 of 8 shooting (really, really bad night so far in shooting) +5
    Kenrich: 0pts, 4rbds, 1ast, 0 of 3 shooting, +9
    Melli: 9pts, 0rbds, 0asts, 3 of 3 shooting, +7

Man I’m glad we got JJ. Lonzo is looking good as well. This team clearly doesn’t have much chemistry, way too many broken plays.

Is every game just going to be arguing about Ingram? God this whole Ingram thing has gotten OLD.

As far as the 2nd qtr goes:

Hart left the game to go to the back - another injury we don't need, hopefully just to get his ankle wrapped.

Jrue has looked... Questionable. Still isn't an end of qtr/game player.

Williams has looked outstanding on everything not involved in him actually taking a shot.

All of our players seem to be having some nerves, jitters, etc... Except for Melli who, can we just extend right now?

Ball and Ingram both with a couple of nice plays.

NAW shot isn't falling but he's doing a lot of everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by BigChris504 View Post
    I think Jrue is going to have much better second half. At least I hope.
    You've got to hope so. He's been great overall the last few years, so it's fine if he just has a rough half here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Is every game just going to be arguing about Ingram? God this whole Ingram thing has gotten OLD.
    Apparently. I just post what I see when I see it, and unfortunately GA25 has a weird twitch about Ingram because when I post saying Jrue is looking out of it, or that Moore shouldn't get playing time, etc, it goes unremarked upon, and when I compliment Ingram, he ignores it too (or pretends it doesn't exist) but the minute I critique Ingram for taking a dumb shot or getting outplayed on D, GA25 acts like I just spat on his mother.

Alright back to mute. Charles Barkley reminded me that he's an extreme idiot.

It's sad that this is pretty much the quality of the commentary for this game.

The Franchise
    Apparently. I just post what I see when I see it, and unfortunately GA25 has a weird twitch about Ingram because when I post saying Jrue is looking out of it, or that Moore shouldn't get playing time, etc, it goes unremarked upon, and when I compliment Ingram, he ignores it too (or pretends it doesn't exist) but the minute I critique Ingram for taking a dumb shot or getting outplayed on D, GA25 acts like I just spat on his mother.
    You call it like you see it with all the players.. I just thought the comment on Ingram being too slow to guard Siakim was a bit much. He's been far from perfect, as is the case with most of the squad. I'm encouraged overall by what I'm seeing though. We're doing this without our best player on the floor.

You call it like you see it with all the players.. I just thought the comment on Ingram being too slow to guard Siakim was a bit much. He's been far from perfect, as is the case with most of the squad. I'm encouraged overall by what I'm seeing though. We're doing this without our best player on the floor.
    I agree with that much.

There have been obvious mistakes in this game, but it's game 1 with a largely new squad, so that's unsurprising. But overall, we're beating a playoff calibre team without Zion, while Jrue has played very poorly. So there's only so upset you can be.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Alright back to mute. Charles Barkley reminded me that he's an extreme idiot.
    lol@Extreme idiot.. I liked him as a ballplayer, not so much as a commentator.

Good game by the Pels so far. Hopefully Hart’s injury isn’t serious

The Franchise
    I agree with that much.

There have been obvious mistakes in this game, but it's game 1 with a largely new squad, so that's unsurprising. But overall, we're beating a playoff calibre team without Zion, while Jrue has played very poorly. So there's only so upset you can be.
    Yea that's the thing.. I expect us to look a lot better once Jrue gets in rhythm.

Thread Information