Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: October 22nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Toronto Raptors - 0-0

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Announcers: Melli on FIRE from downtown!

Gentry: Let's run no plays for him and ignore him from now on.

And Toronto somehow covers the spread in OT thanks to Jrue and Gentry’s ineptitude

We wondered if Gentry could make in game changes properly. He may be able to coach them but is a terrible game coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    And that's the difference in the game.

Raptors are a veteran team with decades and decades of experience and a huge amount of continuity.

Pelicans are a young team, playing a bunch of rookies and guys with >5 years exp, and huge roster turnover.

Comes down to crunch time and you expect the Raps to pull it out.
    Exactly. Well said.

Raptors are a veteran team with decades and decades of experience and a huge amount of continuity.

Pelicans are a young team, playing a bunch of rookies and guys with >5 years exp, and huge roster turnover.

no don't even try it this is on gentry who decides to put in favors over melli

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

This is the facts all new guys they have to build chemistry be patient guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well 5-1 in pre season. 0-1 in the regular season.

Gentry apparently didnt really care about winning this game.

Just wanted to look at lineups again.

Camera goes to Lakers and I immediately see a bunch of grown men in yellow whining like petulant children.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

It was a good game. We will get better.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Fire Gentry?

Everyone's quoted that post, and I have somehow made it this far without anyone pointing out that I wrote ''>5 years exp'' when I meant ''<5 years exp''.

Escaped by the skin of my teeth.
    Basketball.

You also don't expect Gentry to make some absolutely idiotic rotation choices down at the end of the game. And you expect Jrue to give you SOMETHING. Yes the Raptors are the defending champs at home. They should have won this game. But it's just an absolute idiotic way to lose due to stupid rotations and our "MVP" being nonexistent.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    no don't even try it this is on gentry who decides to put in favors over melli

Gentry made some mistakes. If he was going to go big, then he should've put in Okafor. Not Favors who's been sitting forever. Either way this is game one with a bunch of new options. I'm not going to get too down on Gentry for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I like that attitude. I won’t let Alvin ruin my night. It is Taco Tuesday!

Gentry had a horror show. Jrue as well. We were the better team and we handed them the game tonight. Your star player can’t be a lackadaisical airhead. Unimpressed

True but will the COACH get better after 25yrs? That's the question.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Fire Gentry?
    Yes. One game into the season. Fire our head coach. Let's talk about things that'll never happen...for lulz?

Everyone's quoted that post, and I have somehow made it this far without anyone pointing out that I wrote ''>5 years exp'' when I meant ''<5 years exp''.

Escaped by the skin of my teeth.
    I thought it was a trap. Like that time you tried to convince us there is a sport called snooker. :P

I didnt imagine Favors was this slow though

They booing Lebron?

Yep.

Obviously there were problems, and yes, Gentry's rotations were abominable for large parts of the game (a continuous problem for him), but I saw a lot of good stuff and potential for improvement, and we put up a good fight despite the odds being against us. Obviously I would have preferred a win, but I'm not gonna get heated over this loss.

Bruh, the entire roster except Jaxson Hayes played at least 12 minutes tonight.

I dont care how deep your team is that **** is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Gentry made some mistakes. If he was going to go big, then he should've put in Okafor. Not Favors who's been sitting forever. Either way this is game one with a bunch of new options. I'm not going to get too down on Gentry for this one.
    really bc if literally idiots like all of us can know not to put favors in and keep the guys who have been playing great on the floor something is wrong here. ot score for score time out let's screw with the line up

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You also don't expect Gentry to make some absolutely idiotic rotation choices

Yes I do. He always does that.

In all seriousness though, I do get your point, and yeah it sucks because despite everything this game was still very winnable, but I'm not gonna get mad over it.

They booing Lebron. Lol

Thread Information