Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: October 22nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Toronto Raptors - 0-0

Ingram with his elite mid range pull up!!

Couple of rough possessions early. I don't like seeing Jrue run into multiple defenders for difficult shots like that early in the shot clock, and the defense on the next play was not nice.
    Basketball.

Lonzo!!

Ingram's got the ball on the elbow. Lonzo is wide open on the arc, literally clapping calling for the ball. Gets totally ignored, pullup contested midranger.

Here we go.

This Lakers trade was an absolute steal for us without the draft picks. You give me a no off court issue Zio, Ingram, and Hart with no picks and I’m happy do to how good I believe these kids are going to be..

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Ingram's got the ball on the elbow. Lonzo is wide open on the arc, literally clapping calling for the ball. Gets totally ignored, pullup contested midranger.

Here we go.

LoL you are a joke

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Moto. Moto.

The Raptors fans are abnormally quiet.

Great start guys! Love it!

Really loved that ball movement on that possession. Ingram DHO to Redick, Redick to Lonzo, Lonzo to Jrue, Jrue back to Ingram for the 3. Great motion on that play, much nicer than the first few possessions.

interesting that the Pels decided to stay out on the court and watch the ring ceremony

kinda like that decision with a young team
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    interesting that the Pels decided to stay out on the court and watch the ring ceremony

kinda like that decision with a young team
    Yep, I agree with the commentators that seeing that kind of thing is valuable for a young team. Shows you what the goal is, highlights the aspiration.

We gonna blame Ingram for missing the steal and being to aggressive allowing his guy to Siakim to score?

Great read from Ingram on the inbounds, almost got the steal but couldn't quite corral it. Right idea though.

Awesome possession on offense there. Ingram made the right move passing back out instead of shooting the contested shot, and I loved Lonzo driving hard before dishing it off to Favors.

Great read from Ingram on the inbounds, almost got the steal but couldn't quite corral it. Right idea though.
    I will never be mad with someone trying to make a hustle play

I will never be mad with someone trying to make a hustle play
    Exactly. He couldn't quite gather it, but that happens: it's the read that matters.

have they even called a foul on them geezus

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Favors is having a big impact early. Just defended that Siakam perimeter drive well, he's leading the team in points and rebounds atm as well. Screening well. Looks far better than he did in pre-season

And of course Moore is the first sub

What a world.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    have they even called a foul on them geezus

it happens when you take a lot of 3s... you aren't going to draw many fouls against the other team

With how hard Lonzo and Ingram both are said to work I think this team is going to be a dynasty. These kids will continue to improve. Even when Lonzo misses I’m excited about where his shot is and will be. We aren’t even close to seeing the finished product. Ingram the same is we aren’t even close to seeing his full ability with no offseason to work on basketball and not just that but even holding a ball for nearly 6 months. Then you throw in the other group of young guns where we are stacked to where we will be making tough decisions on who stays. It is over for the NBA after this season is when we start our take over.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 10-22-2019 at 07:23 PM.

it happens when you take a lot of 3s... you aren't going to draw many fouls against the other team
    tell that to warriors

What's up with Jrue?

I dont get how Jrue plays so erratic at times. Lazy wild passes and leaping at 3 point shooters. He should know better than that by now.

And of course Moore is the first sub

What a world.
    Boooo hisssss. Gentry hasn’t changed one bit

Thread Information