Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2019 Roster Post Pre Season

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    Arbitrary? Really? The 4 I listed will play anywhere from 30-36mpg. I listed 30 because that's the minimum amount of minutes they'll play. Denver had significant injuries that allowed those type of minutes. They also don't have a traditional SF so that allows their plethora of SGs to share time. We are locked in with our 4 starters in terms of big minutes. Not to mention line up versatility from guys like Zion, Holiday, and Ingram. Minutes are going to be hard to come by unless something happens or they struggle.
    The only players with significant injuries for them last year were Barton and Harris. And injuries are a reality in the NBA. Would be shocking if this team doesn't experience any.

The bottom line is an 82 game season is rough especially when you want to lead the league in pace. And I am talking about minutes over an entire season and how it will probably shake out. Not game by game.

Basketball Guru
    i just want to see jackson,,jj,,,naw,,,hart,,williams or okafor come in as a group and play for about 7mins subbing for the starters the first week of the season.....that group has made comebacks and won games since the second preseason game and have been fun to watch.........

im glad i got to see that unit play in the preseason because i think gentry will go with a 9 man rotation instead of 8 since zion will be out......

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i just want to see jackson,,jj,,,naw,,,hart,,williams or okafor come in as a group and play for about 7mins subbing for the starters the first week of the season.....that group has made comebacks and won games since the second preseason game and have been fun to watch.........

im glad i got to see that unit play in the preseason because i think gentry will go with a 9 man rotation instead of 8 since zion will be out......
    If Gentry sticks with an 8 man rotation, that means some combination of Hart, Moore, and Okafor will see a number of healthy scratches (assuming NAW has played his way into the regular rotation).

Outside of Moore whom I assume is on the trade block, I HIGHLY doubt Hart and Okafor sit the majority of games.

So looks like Gentry did indeed go with a deep rotation as I thought.

However, my idea was 10 players with the last couple getting a 6-10 minute run at best. This man obliterated even that thought.

What irks me is nobody asked him why. The games count now. He should have a good idea who his top 8 guys are with some small tinkering here and there. Yet this man was straight up platooning last night.

The fact that he could be so lost about his lineups is not good. There is no excuse for Lonzo sitting for as long as he did.

Just an ugly display by Gentry and this perturbs me more and more. I can't imagine some of the frustration Lonzo must feel in a game they eventually lost because of it.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    So looks like Gentry did indeed go with a deep rotation as I thought.

However, my idea was 10 players with the last couple getting a 6-10 minute run at best. This man obliterated even that thought.

What irks me is nobody asked him why. The games count now. He should have a good idea who his top 8 guys are with some small tinkering here and there. Yet this man was straight up platooning last night.

The fact that he could be so lost about his lineups is not good. There is no excuse for Lonzo sitting for as long as he did.

Just an ugly display by Gentry and this perturbs me more and more. I can't imagine some of the frustration Lonzo must feel in a game they eventually lost because of it.

well i got my wish and saw the unit i wanted to come in and play together....they played well except for naw...i think naw playing at home in front of his 30 family members was to much pressure on him but some of those 3s were on point to go in......

with zion out an 8 man rotation would be hart,,jackson,,melli i think.......we need inside scoring bad so i think okafor will play so thats a 9 man rotation......alot of the board thinks naw should be the backup PG over frank, so that would be a 10 man rotation.......moore is gentry boy so i believe moore will get mins and thats a 11 man rotation....and hustle man do the rebound thing and play good with the backups, so thats a 12 man rotation..........with zion healthy this team is 13 deep and something we had not have on a pelican team ever...........i dont know bruh but going 11 or 12 deep may be something this team may have to do to compete...

if gentry is going to go with his 8 man rotation,,who are your 8 players that take up majority of the mins ?.....

Thread Information