Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: October 18th - New Orleans Pelicans @ New York Knicks - Preseason - 4-0

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Also, apparently RJ Barrett played 39 minutes twice in preseason games? He averaged 37 minutes per game. In Preseason.

WHAT?

Edit: apparently no other player has averaged more than 33 minutes per game in preseason since 2012.
    And that player in 2012 might have been Anthony Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    And that player in 2012 might have been Anthony Davis.
    Nope. Rookie AD in the 2012-13 preseason averaged 32.4 minutes per game, so he just ducked under the deadline.
    Basketball.

Great game tonight and overall pre-season.

My main problem tonight was with Gentry: need less Williams and Moore, and more NAW and Jaxson. Nice to see Reddick get himself into a rhythm finally. I am also beginning to think Ok should start at 5 with Favors and Melli backing up the 5 and 4 depending on matchups on D and spacing on O.

I am assuming Gentry was saving Jrue and Favor's legs for the regular season.

Tonight was a taste for you guys of what Hart can do. Sometimes he is just all over the place, doing everything. Love that guy.

Whats kinda funny is in pre-game interviews, both Jrue and NAW said they had no idea Zion was injured. Thats including the Spurs game and practice all week. Jrue said he found out on his Apple watch.

Interesting. lol

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    NAW is a 2 way player that does great on both ends. He’s got such an amazing 3 point shot and good handles. He’s creative and can do just about anything you need from a guard. His passing ability is excellent. He’s also great off the ball. How good is this kid going to be? Man... I bet he becomes an all star. And it’s so great he’s got Jrue and JJ to mentor him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Trying to put our homerism aside, and I know it's just preseason, but if the draft were redone today, where would you take NAW?
    I think when they are doing those redrafted 5 years from now we will have 3 of the top 7 picks no doubt. Very possibly a top 5. We drafted what I believe is 2 stars and 1 super star caliber player with those 3 picks. IMO DiDi will end up being a very solid 2 way NBA player. I like what I saw from him a lot and love the idea of stashing him. If there was a redraft right now I’m confident he would be a late 1st. Once he’s developed as well I could see him at a top 20 redraft. This will go down as the best 1st round and maybe haul of picks in NBA history.

I just hope young Jax realized time is on his side. Add weight and skills. Hit the league later like Embiid, Simmons, and even Garnett.

Thread Information