Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: October 18th - New Orleans Pelicans @ New York Knicks - Preseason - 4-0

What on earth was he thinking haha. He seemed to think he had more time

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Man, if this game proved nothing else, it's that NAW needs minutes all year long.
    watch gentry play Moore

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Preseason World Champs!

Well, we beat the Knicks starting lineup with our 2nd group. ILL TAKE IT

Very happy with how Ingram played tonight. When he was in basically shut his man out on defense. Was strong rebounding getting a couple tough ones. Played very well offensively scoring and creating for others. Took 1 bad mid range shot and had a few that barely bounded out. Kid is going to be so good next to Zion.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Man, if this game proved nothing else, it's that NAW needs minutes all year long.
    If Reggie Miller says that you are a lights out shooter, that's about as high praise as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    watch gentry play Moore

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Start Moore

Take note that NAW played and defended the 3 the entire 4th quarter. Gentry scheming.

All-Star
    NAW is a killer. he just has that mindset that makes players great.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Very happy with how Ingram played tonight. When he was in basically shut his man out on defense. Was strong rebounding getting a couple tough ones. Played very well offensively scoring and creating for others. Took 1 bad mid range shot and had a few that barely bounded out. Kid is going to be so good next to Zion.
    What you gotta love about the kid is he's serviceable from multiple positions and roles.

He's going to look a lot better once he's fully adjusted. He's also taking 3's and making them, which is why people shouldn't presume he's going to always struggle from beyond the arch.

5 and 0 Pels
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Are you posting preseason stats on the players in here @pelicanidea?

That was impressive. Especially considering Julius played 35 minutes and Barret played 36 productive minutes.

No one played more than 26 minutes on the Pelicans side. Still won despite Kenrich's horrible brain fart and terrible free throw shooting.

Impressive. Depth is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Are you posting preseason stats on the players in here @pelicanidea?
    I will, but I don't calculate all the advanced stats myself, I just take them from realgm, so I won't be able to post them until they update. I'm not working through the damn PER formula

The Franchise
    I will, but I don't calculate all the advanced stats myself, I just take them from realgm, so I won't be able to post them until they update. I'm not working through the damn PER formula

Man, NAW's entire game is just absolutely, pure, solid gold drip.

Also sounded like Zion being out "weeks" might be overblown by media.

Seems like the team never said that. At least thats what Reggie said during the telecast.

I'm so glad that NAW stayed back in college an extra year.

I know we live in the one and done era, and that's good for a lot of players, but some guys really do just benefit from having the extra year. NAW just plays with so much control and poise, and experience, that definitely comes from that extra year in college.

Kenrich did the same, he stayed 3 years and the maturity that brought to his game even as a rookie last year, but as a sophomore now especially, stands ou. He just knows how to play good basketball.

Last edited by bahmamamba; 10-19-2019 at 03:56 AM.

Just wanna say, I have a legit feeling that NAW might finish this year our third best player.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Just wanna say, I have a legit feeling that NAW might finish this year our third best player.
    From what i've seen, he already is. Absolute steal of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    I mean, so far he definitely has been. I just mean that I think he will be even after a full season, including the downspots all rookies go through.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    2nd best rookie in the NBA imo

And I like they aren't forcing Jaxson out there. That dude is highly important to this team long term.

Also, apparently RJ Barrett played 39 minutes twice in preseason games? He averaged 37 minutes per game. In Preseason.

WHAT?

Edit: apparently no other player has averaged more than 33 minutes per game in preseason since 2012.

If Jaxson Hayes didn't play in this game, it's a safe bet he won't be in the rotation at all. Zero competitive minutes a night in New Orleans or 36 minutes a night in Erie? Hope the young man has some warm clothing; Winters are brutal on Lake Erie. Still believe in him, he's just going to be a project.

Thread Information