Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: October 18th - New Orleans Pelicans @ New York Knicks - Preseason - 4-0

Pelicans October 18th - New Orleans Pelicans @ New York Knicks - Preseason - 4-0

After having gone 4-0, including against some solid teams like the Utah Jazz and the San Antonio Spurs, the New Orleans Pelicans finish off their pre-season run with a visit to the Garden, where we play the New York Knicks and re-unite with Elfrid Payton and Julius Randle, two guys who played for the Pelicans last season.

It's been way too long since the last game, and I can't wait to see the team play. Well, most of the team that is, because the entire reason I'm starting this thread now (basically 24 hours in advance) is that I just saw this tweet from the Pelicans:

That is right, Zion Williamson is going to be out for the final pre-season game. Now, since this is the first we've heard of this knee soreness despite there being multiple days between games, I'm assuming that this is basically a none-injury being used as a plausible reason to keep him out of the game. That makes sense to me: we've seen him do everything we need to see him do, and there's no use risking any legitimate injury in a pre-season game against the Knicks.

Of course, that doesn't make it suck any less: he's great to watch.

Any other updates regarding who will and won't play will be posted in this thread, and any relevant information that comes up will as well. The Knicks are currently 1-2 in preseason action.

Let's go and get this win! #WBD
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Yeah it's not likely to be pretty.

On the plus side, Randle can't defend anyone either, so at least Ingram should have an easier night on offense.

Ingram is a better defender than people give him credit for.

I hope they can get Redick and Favors going this game.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Ingram is a better defender than people give him credit for.

I hope they can get Redick and Favors going this game.
    He has been pretty solid on defense, particularly help defense, this pre-season. A lot better than he was for most of last year.

Unfortunately, he's been at his best when using his length to disrupt passing lanes and crowd smaller ball handlers. No amount of wingspan protects you from a dude who has 45lbs on you slamming into your chest and just moving you because you're a noodle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He has been pretty solid on defense, particularly help defense, this pre-season. A lot better than he was for most of last year.

Unfortunately, he's been at his best when using his length to disrupt passing lanes and crowd smaller ball handlers. No amount of wingspan protects you from a dude who has 45lbs on you slamming into your chest and just moving you because you're a noodle.
    I'm pretty sure theres a guy named Derrick Favors that'll be in the vicinity. And unless you can flat out jump out of the gym, length still bothers girth.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I'm pretty sure theres a guy named Derrick Favors that'll be in the vicinity. And unless you can flat out jump out of the gym, length still bothers girth.
    Well sure, if there's ample help and stuff, that mitigates things, but it depends how many minutes Favors plays. If his hamstring is still bothering him, I'd rather not play him at all tbh.

Can’t wait to watch this game! Man it really sucks we will be without Zion for a few weeks. Atleast we get 1 pre season games to see what our players can do without all of the elite traits he brings. Going to need more from our other young studs.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    What channel will this be on?

Figured it out. TNT>
    Last edited by Eman5805; 10-18-2019 at 06:56 PM.

With Redick in the starting lineup, I hope he doesn't ruin the 4-0 run that Zion made.

Don't mess it up for him, JJ.

Okay, it's only been two possessions, but the defense looks a lot better to start things off than it did in some of the other games in pre-season.

Lonzo shot does look very nice now! This is just the beginning of it!

Lonzo's release on that shot was so quick

Ingram with his elite mid range pull up!!

Lonzo has the most ridiculous passes! That one to Jrue was one very few people can do.

Even without Zion, this team is a blast to watch

Ingram with the beautiful set up! Looks like he’s gonna play some more point forward tonight with Zion out.

Bad rotations there from everyone, giving up that shot to RJ

Ingram's decision making so far in this game has been much improved. Playing more within the offense, which is good to see.

Ingram with the block!

Okafor beasting

Ingram for 3!!

Great defense by Lonzo on Randle. Still got scored on, just gave up too much weight to stop him, but made him work for the awkward hook.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Just said the injury may not last "weeks" after all.

Lonzo!!

Thread Information