Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Zion injury update?! {edited" Torn meniscus - out 6-8 weeks}

This torn meniscus crap better be an extreme hot take. That's just terrible luck.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    First of all, people really need to stop quoting this 6'6" height for him. That is WITHOUT SHOES. Unless you are going to look up that same without shoes height for every player, stop doing it to Zion. Until then he's 6'7".

Second, unless his body fat is out of wack, he doesn't need to lose weight. Everybody is built differently with different bone densities and such. Looks like he carries that 285 just fine. He may not need to gain any, but he doesn't need to lose any either.

Last, local guy on the radio said torn meniscus. If true, that is royally terrible. Hopefully just a rumor because I haven't seen that anywhere else.
    What local guy on the radio said "Confirmed Torn Meniscus"? or was it a troll on Tiger droppings, which in turn has caused questions to be asked about it on local radio ? Do you really think that DAVID GRIFFIN, as tight of a ship as he runs, let some schmuck in on the medical information of Zion? So, Griff is careless enough to let a LOCAL troll find the info, but wont let Woj release it? huh!

Looks like he carries that 285 just fine. He may not need to gain any, but he doesn't need to lose any either.
    That's if he even is 285, which I doubt. I can believe that he started Duke at 285, but there's no way that was his weight by the end of the year, and I'd be surprised if he was actually more than 270 now.

Last, local guy on the radio said torn meniscus. If true, that is royally terrible. Hopefully just a rumor because I haven't seen that anywhere else.
    Definitely hoping it's just an incorrect rumour.

I guess on the plus side, if it is a torn meniscus, it's not likely to be a season ending injury and might not impact his career too much long term. Russell Westbrook tore his meniscus in the 2012-13 playoffs, then had to have arthroscopic surgery on the same knee later that year, and has since had it drained I think twice, and has still managed to play at least 65 games in 5 of the subsequent 6 years (including 80 in 3 of them, and 73 last year), has won an MVP award, and is still the most athletic point guard in the NBA.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 10-17-2019 at 06:57 PM.
    Basketball.

Someone in the organization had to do a body fat percentage test. I don't see a lot of fat on him now and it's not like you can starve him.
    Last edited by 8th_ward; 10-17-2019 at 07:11 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    This torn meniscus crap better be an extreme hot take. That's just terrible luck.
    Some mook on TigerDropping said “Will you slow your roll when they announce his injury?” On another Zion hype article thread. Then he just says “Torn meniscus.”

And that’s it. Literally two posts. And I have no idea if this is a guy who has showed insider info.

I find it crazy that a rando knows the exact injury, but press release is talking about testing and examination. That’s what you do to find out there’s a tear. So unless there’s an intentional information delay for PR reasons, something’s up.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Some mook on TigerDropping said “Will you slow your roll when they announce his injury?” On another Zion hype article thread. Then he just says “Torn meniscus.”

And that’s it. Literally two posts. And I have no idea if this is a guy who has showed insider info.

I find it crazy that a rando knows the exact injury, but press release is talking about testing and examination. That’s what you do to find out there’s a tear. So unless there’s an intentional information delay for PR reasons, something’s up.
    Or maybe, just maybe he's having test to see why his knee is sore. Could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    What local guy on the radio said "Confirmed Torn Meniscus"? or was it a troll on Tiger droppings, which in turn has caused questions to be asked about it on local radio ? Do you really think that DAVID GRIFFIN, as tight of a ship as he runs, let some schmuck in on the medical information of Zion? So, Griff is careless enough to let a LOCAL troll find the info, but wont let Woj release it? huh!
    Who said anything about "confirmed"? What are you talking about? The guy that hosts the drive time show on the Pelicans new "flagship" radio station (that never discusses basketball whatsoever) said he's hearing that.

He didnt give a source.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Or maybe, just maybe he's having test to see why his knee is sore. Could be.
    When there's soreness, there's usually something there.

Just so tired of this ****. Can we enjoy our team for once without having to worry about constant injuries?

Mickey Loomis would have given us a update by now. What is going on? No news is good news?

This was my only concern with Zion dating back to well before we even had the No. 1 pick. Simply due to the science behind his weight and explosive athleticism and how much force it puts on joints, ligaments, tendons, etc.

That said, I'm cool with just waiting and seeing what happens. I'm in no panic yet.

It could just be a troll on tigerdroppings. They are discussing banning him if he is wrong.

I'd just like to point out AD had a MRI on his thumb just a couple of days ago to make sure nothing was wrong and the Lakers had to hold their breath through the waiting.

We are not alone in players needing further testing. Sometimes stuff happens, you test further, and then everything is good.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    When there's soreness, there's usually something there.

Just so tired of this ****. Can we enjoy our team for once without having to worry about constant injuries?
    No team is ever devoid of injuries. But we don't know the nature of it yet. Some rando says he tore something. Woj just said it's more than rest but doesn't even hint at it being serious. Tearing something in the knee would be considered serious to me.

Just gotta wait. Like MacNamara told someone. Our options are to worry or don't. There's no logical reason to worry until we need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'd just like to point out AD had a MRI on his thumb just a couple of days ago to make sure nothing was wrong and the Lakers had to hold their breath through the waiting.

We are not alone in players needing further testing. Sometimes stuff happens, you test further, and then everything is good.
    The only thing that has me concerned for real is the Woj comment.

Don't put too much stock in some dude posting on a forum, and even just the fact that it needs tested isn't too bad. The fact that Woj would come out and say this is NOT just routine rest is the only thing that's got me concerned. If could still be nothing, of course, and that's what I'm hoping for. Could just be a strain or a soreness and he'll be fine in a few days. It happens, and I can imagine it happening more to people who are build like grizzly bears.

Hedging my bet now- Zion is fine. Completely fine. Nothing to see here

Zion in good hands with the Ochsner Medical team.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Hedging my bet now- Zion is fine. Completely fine. Nothing to see here
    Until we hear otherwise from a reputable source (i.e., not some dude on a forum randomly claiming something), I tend to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Zion in good hands with the Ochsner Medical team.

Could this be a case of Pels not wanting to play zion but NBA not letting him rest due to TNT, etc. so they came up with the idea of knee soreness?

Quote Originally Posted by bdnp1 View Post
    Could this be a case of Pels not wanting to play zion but NBA not letting him rest due to TNT, etc. so they came up with the idea of knee soreness?
    I hope that is the case. The last time we played these chumps, they were trying to hurt Zion.

It could be, for sure, and that was my initial thought, but then Woj came out and said that this is not just a case of regular rest. So that's where the concern's come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It could be, for sure, and that was my initial thought, but then Woj came out and said that this is not just a case of regular rest. So that's where the concern's come from.
    well, thats what pels would like the media to think for sure, if my theory is correct.. because NBA may be pressuring zion not to rest.. i guess this is the best case scenario

Nah he'd travel with the team. So there is something there. Even though reports say he was walking around the facility fine Wednesday. And they traveled today.

Good thing is injuries aint that much of a worry now.

Plug in Melli at the 4, Jah takes his spot as backup 5. Done. They can win regular season games with that. Get Favors and Redick going.

Thread Information