Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Zion injury update?! {edited" Torn meniscus - out 6-8 weeks}

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I don't recall 350 lb running power dunking Shaq having constant injury problems until he was 30+.
    He was also 7'1.

It be nice if we can get a consistent time table for people that bought tickets, hotels, and airplane trips to see Zion. I guess they don't want to tank ticket prices or nationally televised games a week before the season.

Or this is a massive troll job by Griffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    It be nice if we can get a consistent time table for people that bought tickets, hotels, and airplane trips to see Zion. I guess they don't want to tank ticket prices or nationally televised games a week before the season.

Or this is a massive troll job by Griffin.
    Fake News?

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    He was also 7'1.
    Most players 7'1" also aren't 350+ with Shaq's athleticism. So...point?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Fake News?

It make some sense. It took him like 4-6 months to get back on the court. LA block Lonzo getting surgery as public knowledge. They deemed it unnecessary and it would heal up with therapy.

From all accounts, it seem pretty open and shut cases. Pelicans had to knew about it.

It make some sense. It took him like 4-6 months to get back on the court. LA block Lonzo getting surgery as public knowledge. They deemed it unnecessary and it would heal up with therapy.

From all accounts, it seem pretty open and shut cases. Pelicans had to knew about it.

Cool. Hopefully all is well now.

Yeah, whenever you do a trade the teams perform a physical on all players they would receive to make sure everything is fine. If Ball did have another injury, then there's no way Griff wasn't aware of it, and he must have had the okay from his guys.
    Basketball.

If you've kept up with Ball drama. Whatshisface was the one advocating an unnecessary surgery after allegedly stealing all that money.

In the above video, I mostly agree with Paul Pierce (weird to say that) in that yeah, it's nothing to worry about, but it is a bit of a let down. Can't deny that seeing Zion open the year against the Raptors was something I was looking forward to, and while Amin is right that there are plenty of other things to be excited about this season, it still sucks for Zion to miss the season opener and the home opener.

Long time lurker.. I just registered because this has me really concerned.

I have a really bad feeling that Zion is going to be one of those players that just seems to never be healthy. Being that it is an issue with the knee is not good. We have seen this with a lot of college players before. The stress on the knees of an 82 game schedule, especially someone with that weight at that height is never good. I hope I am wrong. But this just seems so familiar with what I have seen before in those players who have chronic knee injuries and never really enjoy a solid, healthy NBA career.

Quote Originally Posted by PelKing View Post
    Long time lurker.. I just registered because this has me really concerned.

I have a really bad feeling that Zion is going to be one of those players that just seems to never be healthy. Being that it is an issue with the knee is not good. We have seen this with a lot of college players before. The stress on the knees of an 82 game schedule, especially someone with that weight at that height is never good. I hope I am wrong. But this just seems so familiar with what I have seen before in those players who have chronic knee injuries and never really enjoy a solid, healthy NBA career.
    Obviously anything is possible, and I understand why you're concerned (everyone probably is at least a little, since they haven't told us exactly what the issue is) but I feel like this is panicking a bit too early.

This is Zion's first real injury. Through high school, college, till now. Yes, there was the exploding shoe incident, but that's not an injury in the sense of his body failing, that was a shoe issue. This is the first time he's ever had a real injury, caused by a mechanical issue on his body. I don't think it's fair to start filing him in with T Mac and Yao Ming as players who could just never get healthy because of that. Players get injured sometimes, and if it's not severe, it's not severe.

This is part of why I wish they had actually just told us what it was - knee sprain, bone bruise, whatever - so that we could know it was just a minor thing and ignore it, rather than letting imaginations run wild. It's not your fault that you're worrying, of course not, but they really should know that refusing to release details just lets it fester.

Is this really an "injury" or did he just bangs knees with someone and bruised himself? Big difference in my eyes.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Is this really an "injury" or did he just bangs knees with someone and bruised himself? Big difference in my eyes.
    That's the thing. We don't know. Nobody knows. All we know is that according to Woj, it's not severe, everyone expects him to be fine, and that Gentry found it minor enough to joke about when asked. Could be a sprain, a bone bruise, just general soreness, minor strain. Nobody can say.

Woj: ''It's not severe, no one is worried, but he'll miss a few weeks.''

Ledlow: ''No one knows if it's severe, but he could be fine for opening night.''

WHO TO BELIEVE?!?!?!

I heard (just a rumour) that it's both an MCL sprain and meniscus problem. That pels are going to reevaluate him in 2 weeks . If theres still pain then theyre going to operate on the meniscus and who knows how long that can take to recover. If he feels okay (and they believe that he will) then they will let him play through it and maybe operate later in his career, because apparently you can play through these issues. They believe that the MCL sprain is whats keeping him out.. this is just a rumor however, probably wrong

A ploy to tamp-down expectations...or to ramp up the hype for next Friday night? Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Griff is a master.

Quote Originally Posted by bdnp1 View Post
    I heard (just a rumour) that it's both an MCL sprain and meniscus problem. That pels are going to reevaluate him in 2 weeks . If theres still pain then theyre going to operate on the meniscus and who knows how long that can take to recover. If he feels okay (and they believe that he will) then they will let him play through it and maybe operate later in his career, because apparently you can play through these issues. They believe that the MCL sprain is whats keeping him out.. this is just a rumor however, probably wrong
    Yeah, I don't believe this at all.

Woj says it's not severe, Ledlow says he's not even ruled out past tonight, but apparently he's got an MCL sprain and a meniscus issue. Woj says everyone expects a full recovery, Ledlow says he's getting re-evaluated this weekend, but apparently he's not getting re-evaluated for 2 weeks. It's not severe, but meniscus surgery is on the table, but they're putting it off.

Sounds like a rumour to me, and a pretty confused one at that.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Even during the game they're saying weeks may have been a stretch for precautionary reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Woj: ''It's not severe, no one is worried, but he'll miss a few weeks.''

Ledlow: ''No one knows if it's severe, but he could be fine for opening night.''

WHO TO BELIEVE?!?!?!
    Greatest PTSD enducing troll job...

I will say... How to alienate a renewed fan base 101: Don't be transparent to fans that pay premium to see your new golden goose.
    Last edited by Taker597; 10-18-2019 at 07:30 PM.

I will say... How to alienate a renewed fan base 101: Don't be transparent to fans that pay premium to see your new golden goose.
    I think just the opposite. Maybe set the stage for him to sit in Toronto and play in our home opener. How lit will this town be after they announce he will be playing that Friday night? Pretty lit.

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    I think just the opposite. Maybe set the stage for him to sit in Toronto and play in our home opener. How lit will this town be after they announce he will be playing that Friday night? Pretty lit.
    I paiad about $1500 to see him for November 7th. So, it's making me sweat a little bit with the secrecy. Hopefully, we get a full repo
    report by Monday

Zion injury update?!

Not severe and we don’t know how long at least a few weeks don’t belong in the same sentence. They wouldn’t let anyone take pictures of him leaving the facility and now have clearly been instructed to be ambiguous about it so they can continue to sell tickets. This is horrible horrible news. I can feel it. We are screwed at PF and now Gentry is actually seriously considering this small ball bs so JJ doesn’t complain. He’s going to get Ingram killed. Just start Kenny Hustle and take the losses. I’ll be back in a week to admit we should have taken Morant..

Mickey Loomis been doing the “it’s day to day”thing for years . He Has not alienated anyone yet. Griffin just following same path. Only give necessary info.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 10-18-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Thread Information