Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Zion injury update?! {edited" Torn meniscus - out 6-8 weeks}

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    It's not just my opinion it's one that's shared by sports doctors, analysts, and former players.

Teams make the wrong move as it pertains to players injuries all the time. Portland with Greg Oden for example. To the point where saying simply because the team says so therefore nobody should question their decisions is ridiculous.
    This might be a simple take, but it's my opinion: Aaron Nelson is the best at what he does. He has way more information about Zion than I or anyone else does. I'm going to trust his opinion on what should happen with Zion over anyone else on a message board until he gives me a reason not to trust him.

Well considering Drummond is with his original team and Davis won us nothing maybe it was a better decision than the way you are trying to make it.
    What does it matter that he is with his original team? That means either he is loyal to Detroit or he just wanted the most money. What has he won?

It's not just my opinion it's one that's shared by sports doctors, analysts, and former players.
    Same questions here. Are any of these people qualified to make that statement? Only the first group would be qualified. Second, do they have access to Zion's personal health information? Obviously no, they do not. So, therefore anything they say is speculation at best.
    Also, show me quotes from sports doctors that are saying these things. The MD on Youtube doesn't count as he is obviously just a guy trying to make a buck off of Zion's injury. Plus, I disagree with his assessment but neither of us have access to Zion's info. So, again, speculation.

Teams make the wrong move as it pertains to players injuries all the time. Portland with Greg Oden for example. To the point where saying simply because the team says so therefore nobody should question their decisions is ridiculous.
    How do you know Portland made the wrong moves with Oden? Because he didn't have a good outcome? If you were a health professional then you would know that there are many instances where you can do everything the "right" way but things do not end up with the desired outcome. Based on what I know of Oden's situation the doctors that treated him did what they thought would give him the best possible outcome. It didn't work. The dude just had knees that couldn't handle the rigors of basketball. It is very likely there was no surgical or other treatment that could have prevented or allowed him to continue to play basketball at the NBA level.

Please post examples of qualified individuals that disagree with the treatment choices of Portland's doctors.

Finally, of course its okay to question the teams medical decisions. Obviously we went out and recruited Nelson because the folks in charge of that for us in the past were pretty terrible at it. But who would you suggest make treatment decisions for Zion? Obviously the only people qualified and with Zion's health info are the only people that can make an informed decision. If you think there isn't a team of highly qualified people making these choices you are naive or just uninformed. In any case, you can do everything "right" and still not have an optimal outcome like Oden. Hopefully that isn't the case for Zion nor do I think it will be. Oden was an outlier of the worst kind.

Zion walked in on a walking crutch. HE DID NOT LOOK GOOD!

I’ve had 2 scopes on my knee. It’s been a week and he’s not moving well at all.

Why do the doctors have him walking on a crutch awkwardly. When you walk awkwardly it puts stress on other areas of the body and can cause problems.

I’m not liking what I’m seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post

Why do the doctors have him walking on a crutch awkwardly. When you walk awkwardly it puts stress on other areas of the body and can cause problems.

Lol

Brees could not bend his thumb 6 weeks ago. It did not look good. This Sunday he could be playing.

Have some hope.

Griff. Tells a different story

Thread Information