Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Zion injury update?! {edited" Torn meniscus - out 6-8 weeks}

That poster on TD had credible info then. Get well soon Zion. He will be like a caged beast coming out when he hits the court.

#Pelslife

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Well, Woj has reported it's not a severe injury. Unless he has a very different definition of severe than most people, that means it's not a meniscus tear. A meniscus tear isn't 'out for weeks' level, it's more 'out for months'.

Edit: just wanna be clear, I don't mean months as in like, 6 months. I mean months as in 2, maaaaaybe 3 depending on precautions and speed of rehab.
    Meniscus tear isn't that serious and everything I've read says 4-6 week recovery for athletes. Could be wrong and hopefully it's just soreness and they want to rest him. Either way the weight needs to come down. He's only 19 these issues shouldn't happen this early on.

Well, Woj has reported it's not a severe injury. Unless he has a very different definition of severe than most people, that means it's not a meniscus tear. A meniscus tear isn't 'out for weeks' level, it's more 'out for months'.

Edit: just wanna be clear, I don't mean months as in like, 6 months. I mean months as in 2, maaaaaybe 3 depending on precautions and speed of rehab.
    A series of weeks is about as vague as he could be. Is is 2, 4, 6, 8? All are series. It very well could be a 4-6 week injury. We do not know anything more from his tweet other than not being severe (again, not defined).

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    That poster on TD had credible info then. Get well soon Zion. He will be like a caged beast coming out when he hits the court.
    It's weird, on one hand he called the injury before it got reported.

On the other, he said it was a torn meniscus, whereas Woj has said it is not a severe injury, and that severe injury has been ruled out. Which would, to me, include a torn meniscus.
    Basketball.

On the other, he said it was a torn meniscus, whereas Woj has said it is not a severe injury, and that severe injury has been ruled out. Which would, to me, include a torn meniscus.
    We don't know what he means by severe. Severe to him could mean season ending like ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    A series of weeks is about as vague as he could be. Is is 2, 4, 6, 8? All are series. It very well could be a 4-6 week injury. We do not know anything more from his tweet other than not being severe (again, not defined).
    True, and of course, it all depends on his definition of severe. I would personally consider a meniscus tear to be severe. Not like, career threatening, but severe. Maybe Woj is too rich for that tho, and he doesn't bust out ''severe'' until it's an ACL.

We don't know what he means by severe. Severe to him could mean season ending like ACL.
    You beat my reply by like, a millisecond, but yeah.

Woj using ambiguous language.

Just further corroboration. Not a huge huge deal, not season ending, etc. Might miss first two weeks or something.
    #PelsLife

He is in good hands with the Ochsner Medical team

I just saw out several weeks. Knee sprain is my only idea, but it be nice if the Pelicans would stop being so secretive and say something.

I just confirmed my $3600 tickets yesterday

He is in good hands with the Ochsner Medical team
    You keep posting this, but fail to recognize that we hired the most well respected Player Care medical leader in the NBA in Nelson.

Not a good way to start off his career at all.

I have to agree with you on this. Anything structural would be serious to me. Ligaments or meniscus problems would be serious.

Of course it all depends on their definition of serious. If they define career threatening as serious. It probably isn't serious.

You keep posting this, but fail to recognize that we hired the most well respected Player Care medical leader in the NBA in Nelson.
    He has his work cut out for him at the Ochsner Performance Center/Practice Facility

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I just saw out several weeks. Knee sprain is my only idea, but it be nice if the Pelicans would stop being so secretive and say something.
    Secretive usually mean serious.

Secretive usually mean serious.
    Does ''a severe injury has been ruled out'' usually mean serious too?

He needs some outside opinions because this seems like a pattern.

Could be a blessing in disguise. They found it now instead of later.

Quote Originally Posted by 8th_ward View Post
    He needs some outside opinions because this seems like a pattern.
    What pattern?

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a serious injury to me. If it's legitimately something serious and he was allowed to play through it, for a pre-season game at that, then it does not reflect well.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 10-18-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a serious injury to me. If it's legitimately something serious and he was allowed to play through it, for a pre-season game at that, then it does not reflect well.
    Right. It sounds most like not taking unnecessary risks with your franchise's future. I endorse the abundance of caution, even if it gives me PTSD from the early AD years.

Someone in the starting lineup has to be missing within the first few games. It's a Pelicans tradition.

Unlike in years past, this team is built for it. Even in the west.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Windhorst: Pels have known for a while. First thought it would be a month. After tests, injury was not as serious as thought. A couple weeks seems to be the consensus. Injury+conservative recovery on Pels part.

Thread Information