NBA Wow! You won't believe what Knicks fans are saying about Randle

...Good for them?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    ...Good for them?
    U think they are trippin?

https://www.reddit.com/r/NYKnicks/co...reat_season_w/

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Dependent on minutes obviously (Knicks are running... a lot of power forwards) I think he'll put up big box score stats that are relatively empty. I don't think the Knicks are a 30+ win team this year. I don't think they're quite as bad as they were last year (last season they won 17 games... Jesus...) and I do think that Randle is a talented scorer inside of the paint, with a growing long range game. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if he average 20ppg or something around that area.

But I think he was a terrible team defender last year, and not great one on one either, and that limits his actual impact a lot. We suffered from that despite having another, fantastic, rim protector to actual do the big man work there, and the way he occasionally got sucked into me-first-score-ball is never good for an offense. If what the Knicks want is someone to score a lot and root for, then they'll be happy. If they want someone who is going to have an actual huge impact on winning games? They might be let down.

I mean he did say "our" best pick up. I'm not really aware of knicks free agency history though.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I'm a big Randle fan and understood why we let him go, but also upset. I'll be rooting for him and Elfrid (another guy I was very sad to see go) to light it up.

Regardless, Knick fans are as delusional as can be, so with them saying this could be the best signing ever confirms it. Randle is a great piece to have, but he's no superstar.

I wish Randle nothing but the best. Last year, he went all out for 82 games. Had New Orleans not won the lottery, Randle would have likely been a key offensive component on the Pelicans this year, and our fans would be lauding him in the same manner as New Yorkers. Good things SHOULD happen for good people.

I really enjoyed Randle, wish we could have found a way to keep him, but there is just not enough PF mins to go around. He is a tough guy, plays hard, give his all, and doesn't **********! Hated to see him go. Elfrid too, good team player, and can be really good, just needs to stay healthy and Catch on with a team.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I'm a big Randle fan and understood why we let him go, but also upset. I'll be rooting for him and Elfrid (another guy I was very sad to see go) to light it up.

Regardless, Knick fans are as delusional as can be, so with them saying this could be the best signing ever confirms it. Randle is a great piece to have, but he's no superstar.
    +1
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

I was never the huge fan of him that some people were/are, because as much as his offensive game was very effective and helped us a lot, his defense (or lack of it) just frustrated me beyond belief.

That said, as a professional and a team mate, he was awesome. Played hard for us, even after the AD trade debacle came out, never short-changed us on his true game even when the match-ups failed to matter anymore. Never complained about the sunk season, never caused a stink in the locker room, never complained about anything.

I do wish him luck, and I agree with you. He can be a great piece: he has certain skills, and they are useful ones, and he's more than willing to put them to work. But he's not some franchise-altering guy.

I like julius a lot and I hope he balls out.

As an interesting side note, I'm watching the Knicks/Hawks game right now and

1) Both teams are playing some very ''30 win'' basketball
    2) The Knicks have run our Zion/blade set for Randle twice in this quarter alone

He has 17 points right now but he does still lack a little on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    As an interesting side note, I'm watching the Knicks/Hawks game right now and

1) Both teams are playing some very ''30 win'' basketball
    2) The Knicks have run our Zion/blade set for Randle twice in this quarter alone
    what is the zion/blade set?

Julius and Elfrid were great guys. They loved the team and they both genuinely wished us well when they departed. If I’m being honest, I’m rooting for them to make the playoffs. I don’t care how many sheep they have to sacrifice to do it, I wish them luck.

Wish JR the best. Following his career from the beginning, I felt the Lakers never treated him with the respect his hard play deserved. If he ever is able to get that 3-ball down and turn himself into a stretch 4/5, he will become immensely valuable to nearly any team with his motor and other talents.

^Yep, I saw all of it happen, and I'd feel the same as him. He'll have some extra for Sacramento too when he plays against Luke Walton.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    what is the zion/blade set?
    This:

We've run it a bunch to get Zion quick momentum. It's essentially a dual action play which starts with Zion in the corner and a guard/big pick and roll, but the big drops to screen on Zion's man so that Zion can curl off the screen into space (essentially an exaggerated Maggette Cut) and have a clean line to the basket. It's not a super complicated play, but it works well when the cutter is decisive and can make decisions off the dribble, and when your initial ball handler presents some kind of scoring threat himself to draw help.

Thread Information