Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Enes Kanter is tearing Lebron apart on social media

Enes Kanter is tearing Lebron apart on social media

Is Lebron James a communist?

https://www.barstoolsports.com/viral...es-a-communist
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 10-14-2019 at 11:57 PM.

Anthony Davis playing a communist now? Yeah should have kept your mouth shut LBJ.

Hey UNO Gracias you there?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post

Is Lebron James a communist?

https://www.barstoolsports.com/viral...es-a-communist
    China isn't a communist country though.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    China isn't a communist country though.
    Maybe this will clear it up

https://foreignpolicy.com/2011/01/03...mmunist-party/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_of_China

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideolo...Party_of_China

Yes it is pretty easy to make comparisons to OUR so called leader but let us not go there. Let us stick to should Lebron said anything at all?
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 10-15-2019 at 12:43 AM.

Avoiding all talk of what is, or is not communism (since that's what got the last thread on this China issue locked, so it's probably not worth going into again), my take on this is basically that Lebron should have given some variant of a ''no comment'' answer.

While I agree with him that it's likely that Morey has relatively little understanding of the political situation in China, I also think that it's probable that Lebron has very little knowledge of it either. He kind of slipped up and gave the game away in his original controversial answer, where (although he later added physical, mental, etc) his first type of risk he brought up was financial. Lebron James has a billion dollar Nike deal, reputedly, and his best friend has a life-time contract with a Chinese shoe company. It's clear that his first priority was to be concerned about the money; the almighty dollar remains undefeated.

That, though, is largely to be expected. Lebron James has hundreds of millions of dollars, and extreme wealth perverts people's thinking. So I'm not surprised that that's his ultimate take, although it is disappointing.

What I find more disappointing, and unacceptable frankly, is that Lebron James - the man who was (wrongly and unfairly) subjected to the ''shut up and hoop'' style comments more than almost anyone else when he spoke about political issues - would be the one to essentially come out and tell Morey ''shut up and manage'' when it comes to this. That's intensely hypocritical. If Lebron has the right to speak up about injustices in the US, which he definitely does, then why should Morey not have the right to speak his piece on injustices elsewhere? Because it might cost Lebron some money? That's ridiculous.

That's my take on it, at least.
    Basketball.

Will repeat though, just for people who don't wanna read the above text in full: DISCUSSION OF WHAT IS OR ISN'T COMMUNISM WILL GET THE THREAD LOCKED.

Unless you want the thread to get closed, talk about Lebron James, players rights to speak about things, whether Lebron is right or not, etc, but don't turn it into an argument about socioeconomic arrangements or political philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Avoiding all talk of what is, or is not communism (since that's what got the last thread on this China issue locked, so it's probably not worth going into again), my take on this is basically that Lebron should have given some variant of a ''no comment'' answer.

While I agree with him that it's likely that Morey has relatively little understanding of the political situation in China, I also think that it's probable that Lebron has very little knowledge of it either. He kind of slipped up and gave the game away in his original controversial answer, where (although he later added physical, mental, etc) his first type of risk he brought up was financial. Lebron James has a billion dollar Nike deal, reputedly, and his best friend has a life-time contract with a Chinese shoe company. It's clear that his first priority was to be concerned about the money; the almighty dollar remains undefeated.

That, though, is largely to be expected. Lebron James has hundreds of millions of dollars, and extreme wealth perverts people's thinking. So I'm not surprised that that's his ultimate take, although it is disappointing.

What I find more disappointing, and unacceptable frankly, is that Lebron James - the man who was (wrongly and unfairly) subjected to the ''shut up and hoop'' style comments more than almost anyone else when he spoke about political issues - would be the one to essentially come out and tell Morey ''shut up and manage'' when it comes to this. That's intensely hypocritical. If Lebron has the right to speak up about injustices in the US, which he definitely does, then why should Morey not have the right to speak his piece on injustices elsewhere? Because it might cost Lebron some money? That's ridiculous.

Great point brother. I swear I only come to this site now just to read your posts. Please keep posting!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Loving the LeBron slander. For once I am grateful he opened his mouth. Because now people see who he truly is. He's only after his self interest, and he doesn't give a damn about anyone else.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar

I'm not sure why you and LeBron would think that Morey has "little understanding of the political situation in China." I'm pretty sure he fully understands, which is why he sent the tweet. You don't work for the Houston Rockets in his capacity and not have a decent understanding of Chinese policy. Otherwise, I agree with what you are saying

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Loving the LeBron slander. For once I am grateful he opened his mouth. Because now people see who he truly is. He's only after his self interest, and he doesn't give a damn about anyone else.
    Remember when he implied that everyone who criticized him was racist? Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    I'm not sure why you and LeBron would think that Morey has "little understanding of the political situation in China." I'm pretty sure he fully understands, which is why he sent the tweet. You don't work for the Houston Rockets in his capacity and not have a decent understanding of Chinese policy. Otherwise, I agree with what you are saying
    Too many people in the world are starting their own opinions with the assumption that everyone else doesn't have as much information on a topic as they do.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Being rich does not equal being smart. Somebody needs to tell the King he has no clothes on.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    These “social justice” famous athletes are showing their true colors now. Usually so quick to weigh in expressing righteousness when wasn’t going to cost anything. Now all of a sudden when these millionaires stand to lose out on even more millions, they are intimidated into backing oppression on a worse scale than anything people face in this country. Wave bye bye to your credibility on “taking a stand” for human rights.

ESPN is trying to bury the story

woke in America where its safe but completely silent when things are actually terrible over money is pretty funny.

woke is a branding tool for a simple audience. LeBron is the simplest.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    ESPN is trying to bury the story
    that whole NBA jump segment was trash and good God how dumb is Perkins geezus

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

The shirts are out already.

Barstool Sports the same people that have sold thousands and thousands of clown Goodell shirts made the Lebron shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    I feel it unlikely that Morey has a powerful grasp of the situation because, frankly, most people don't. Including people whose job it is to write on the topic: the number of wildly misinformed and speculative articles I've read on the situation is staggering.

I'm not pretending that I have some masterful grasp of it either: it's a very complex situation with multiple moving sides, and I do not consider myself an expert on Sinopolitical relations. But I have enough knowledge of it to know that you'd need to spend some serious time devoted to that specific thing in order to have a legitimate grasp on it, and that's something I'm fairly doubtful that any individual has done, whether it's Morey, Lebron, or even Adam Silver himself. Maybe that's unfair, but while it's definitely unfair to assume that other people know as little as you do in any given situation like this, I think it's also very unfair to assume that anyone who speaks out on a topic is an authority.

I am getting that chairman Bron shirt.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    that whole NBA jump segment was trash and good God how dumb is Perkins geezus

I used to respect Perk man. The dude is nothing but a LeBron shill.

Perk, aside from anything else, is not a very good speaker. I don't wanna cast aspersions on his intelligence in general or anything, I don't know, but the dude just sucks at talking.

Perk, aside from anything else, is not a very good speaker. I don't wanna cast aspersions on his intelligence in general or anything, I don't know, but the dude just sucks at talking.
    then I mean he shouldn't talk about things he isn't "educated" about

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    woke in America where its safe but completely silent when things are actually terrible over money is pretty funny.

woke is a branding tool for a simple audience. LeBron is the simplest.
    It’s all about power and money. That’s what privileged beliefs are. Lebron, the guy that acts as if he is immune to criticism is rightly being called out for being a phony.

Thread Information