Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: October 13th - New Orleans Pelicans @ San Antonio Spurs - Preseason - 3-0

Melli is the only one that has had any luck. We have started every game poorly so far

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Melli is the only one that has had any luck. We have started every game poorly so far
    Yeah, but what makes this one special is how it's happened.

Other games, we've been scoring alright but just haven't managed to stop anyone early.

Tonight, we've been sort of okay on defense, but haven't been able to score aaaaanything.
    Basketball.

E'twaun Moore navigates screens like people in socks navigate a wet spot on the floor

This is depressing.

Maybe when the Pels made it impossible to watch this game, they were trying to do us a favour.

I wonder what they put in our water bottles before the game

Lovely by Ingram there

Considering the Spurs were in the bonus with 10 minutes left, this quarter is flying by

My stream has crashed so I'm not actually getting to see the game right now, but the box score tells me that things seem to be going a little better right now! Which is good!

The Franchise
    Firstrow has a reliable stream @pleicanidea..

I have to say that Ingram has had a very good little stretch here. His decision making for the most part was spot on. Nice movement off the ball as well

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Firstrow has a reliable stream @pleicanidea..
    Thank you!

I have to say that Ingram has had a very good little stretch here. His decision making for the most part was spot on. Nice movement off the ball as well
    I only just got back on the stream and the first thing I saw was him make a very nice pocket pass into a cutting Jrue, so that's nice to see

All-Star
    Spurs are playing some really smart basketball. I am slowly but surely getting concerned about how slow our D is progressing...

I really think the refs need to think about whether or not to award ballhandlers foul calls when they just dribble directly into a defender in legal position.

That's the second time in this pre-season that it's happened, and it's very annoying. If Zion had been setting an illegal screen, or had been reaching, or wasn't moving his feet, then fair enough, but he was just guarding.

Offensive Board Man Zion

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I only just got back on the stream and the first thing I saw was him make a very nice pocket pass into a cutting Jrue, so that's nice to see
    He started the stint with his patented drive to the basket. It wasn’t on, so he dished it back to the 3 point line. Those are the easy decisions he needs to make. Much better.

That jumper looked smooth from Lonzo. Glad to see him take that when he got open. He's not usually afraid to shoot them, but you've gotta be automatic when you get that much room.

He started the stint with his patented drive to the basket. It wasn’t on, so he dished it back to the 3 point line. Those are the easy decisions he needs to make. Much better.
    Glad to hear it! Drive and kick is a standard tactic for a reason. Drive. If it's there, cool. If not, kick.

The clue is in the name.

Only down 6 at this point despite what might be generously described as a ''poor'' start, so that's good.

These fouls have killed us

One of the biggest differences this year is we have multiple guys who can get to the line when last year we had AD and that’s it. Jrue finally has star respect and will get his calls, Ingram can get to the line at a very high level, and Zion might lead the league in FT attempts. That’s just a few and we have more.

If there is one shot Zion needs to master its FTs. He needs to be like MJ from the FT line not Lebron. He needs to model his game after MJ and Kawhi offensively on how they shoot and attack the basket. A little bit of both and of course his own flair.

We've fouled 4 times on threes tonight.

Unacceptable, frankly.

Considering how abysmal we have been, a 10 point lead is nothing. Like every game so far, I expect us to improve dramatically.

Considering how abysmal we have been, a 10 point lead is nothing. Like every game so far, I expect us to improve dramatically.
    Hope you're right. Things were picking up in that second quarter, especially towards the end. Jrue was really heating up, and Melli hitting his third three is something I definitely appreciate

More good stuff by Ingram

Thread Information