Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: October 13th - New Orleans Pelicans @ San Antonio Spurs - Preseason - 3-0

Pelicans October 13th - New Orleans Pelicans @ San Antonio Spurs - Preseason - 3-0

Coming off our third consecutive pre-season win, this time against an actually very good team in the Utah Jazz, we hit the road again: this time, to San Antonio, to take on the Spurs. The Spurs have made the playoffs since the invention of the telephone, and if we want to make the playoffs this year, they're one of the teams we will be battling for one of those final few spots. Could this be the year that the Spurs finally fall out of the playoff race?

Here's the injury report, for this game:

We'll have more specific information regarding certain players closer to the game, and I'll update the thread when those reports come out too. For example, is Jrue playing tonight when he didn't at home? Will we see Favors, or is he done for pre-season. That kind of thing.

The greatest competitive advantage that the Spurs have is their coaching. Their best player is Derozan who, frankly, is not that great. He's a very good player, sure, but he's not in that top 10, top 15, even top 25 range for me, and when that's your best player in the West you're already at a disadvantage. Lamarcus Aldridge too, is pretty good, but he's quite comfortably past his prime and his game is a little antiquated these days. Beyond that, they have a bunch of young guys. Some of them are good: Dejounte Murray, for example, Derrick White also. Some of them are not so good, or haven't proved it yet: Lonnie Walker comes to mind here.

What's the one thing making such a motley crew work out long after the Tim Duncan years? Pop. Pop and the rest of the staff. But coaching can only optimise players and develop them, it can't make them good if the goodness isn't there to begin with inside of the players. Do the Spurs have enough actually good NBA players to make the playoffs? Who knows? Not me.

Tonight should be a fun one. If there's one thing I'd like to see tonight, it's a little more defensive play early. So far we've found ways to put points up regardless of who's on court, but the defense has been wildly inconsistent. Sometimes it's looked very encouraging, and other times it's looked as flimsy as a spider's web. That's to be expected early, but against a Spurs team that isn't as fast as the Hawks or as deep and skilled as Utah, hopefully we can have a little more luck.

Let's have fun, and try and get the win! #WBD
    Basketball.

Kinda sucks this game isn't televised

I’ve seen rumors of it potentially being streamed. Would be a late decision

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I’ve seen rumors of it potentially being streamed. Would be a late decision
    I'd imagine it'll be streamed somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'd imagine it'll be streamed somewhere.
    With all the buzz about the Pelicans right now, they’d be dumb not to stream it somewhere. We are trying to reverse the small time image

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    With all the buzz about the Pelicans right now, they’d be dumb not to stream it somewhere. We are trying to reverse the small time image
    I know that the Spurs love to keep things low-key and quiet, but I can't imagine that the NBA, particularly after the last two explosive outings from him, would think it's a good idea to just not show the next Zion game, anywhere, at all. Even if it's only available on the NBA app via league pass or something.

It's going to be streamed on the Pelicans website if you live within 70 miles of New Orleans. We're going to need a local to hook us up with a stream.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Kinda sucks this game isn't televised
    There will be nothing on NBA LP also?

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    There will be nothing on NBA LP also?
    I would assume it's on league pass, but when I check on the NBA app it says ''game broadcast not available'' on that game, which it doesn't say on the other games. So I guess it's not on LP, for some reason.

Which is odd, I've never been unable to watch a game on LP before.

I would assume it's on league pass, but when I check on the NBA app it says ''game broadcast not available'' on that game, which it doesn't say on the other games. So I guess it's not on LP, for some reason.

Which is odd, I've never been unable to watch a game on LP before.
    Thx for Your answer Pelicanidae.

Did anybody just see Ingram miss that layup in practice!? Then even more outrageous he follows it up with the worst shot in the NBA analytically.. a mid ranger!! Nobody was even guarding him he could have just dunked.. so stupid!

I hope this game is on League Pass

All-Star
    Looks like this game will not be brodcasted at all. The stream on LP has begun but it says "Preseason game not televised". I wonder whether it really was not economically feasible for FSNO to organize the broadcast given the hype around the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Balakhonov View Post
    Looks like this game will not be brodcasted at all. The stream on LP has begun but it says "Preseason game not televised". I wonder whether it really was not economically feasible for FSNO to organize the broadcast given the hype around the team.
    Apparently the Pelicans website is streaming it, but that only works if you are within 70 miles of New Orleans itself. But that means there is an active video feed of the game, so it'll probably be possible to find it out there.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

According to this, it's gonna be streamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

According to this, it's gonna be streamed.
    It is, but only for the local area. If you attempt to access the stream on their site, it requires a New Orleans zip code, and even if you enter a random one you found on Google, it requires access to your location permissions: your device must literally be within 70 miles of New Orleans. That's what my experience was, anyway, trying to access the stream.

hmm so I wonder if it's going to be on YouTube then

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

well this is stupid

What a joke.

Pels are playing a pre-season game that literally nobody outside of a 70 mile radius of New Orleans itself and the Spurs venue will see.

This is a private basketball game, for locals only.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

What a joke.

Pels are playing a pre-season game that literally nobody outside of a 70 mile radius of New Orleans itself and the Spurs venue will see.

This is a private basketball game, for locals only.
    I just don't get why we can't put them on our channel don't even care if it's good quality

Let's Dance!!*

*Rules and restrictions may apply, certain locations only.

4 point play smh

Thread Information