Pelicans Report

Thread: Lavar gives his prediction on our season!

Lavar gives his prediction on our season!

We are going to the promised land!

He loves Gentry. He loves the situation Lonzo is now in. I’m perfectly okay with him throwing dirt at Lebron.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    My king! Speak it into existence!

Am I the only one who would prefer for him to just go away?

I don't care if he's saying good things about the Pelicans, or bad things. I just want him to go away. He's annoying, he's a loudmouth, he's an idiot, he's an attention-seeker, etc etc. Just go away. I do not want Lavar involved in any way with the Pelicans franchise.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

I don't care if he's saying good things about the Pelicans, or bad things. I just want him to go away. He's annoying, he's a loudmouth, he's an idiot, he's an attention-seeker, etc etc. Just go away. I do not want Lavar involved in any way with the Pelicans franchise.

He’s anything but an idiot. He’s very misunderstood. He is definitely a loud mouth.

HOWEVER, he has supported his family through think and thin. He’s a father to the kids. Stands by his wife through all her medical issues.

Outside of being a loud mouth... I wouldn’t be so quick to trash the guy. In most aspects of his life, he’s a solid example of a man.... something that is VERY LACKING in this world today!

I actually like Lamar now that he has chilled out some. I think Lonzo becoming his own man humbled him in a little. He has been correct on near everything crazy or not he has said lol except Gelo. I do believe as he says LaMelo could end up being the best Ball of all the brothers. I have been on that train from the beginning. Never understood how these fools just months ago weren’t considering him anywhere near the top 20 when he is a #1 overall pick talent that will go top 5 if not 1st.

I do wish Lavar didn’t deprive us of watching his kids more. Would love to have seen LaMelo and Gelo at UCLA. Melo would have been a Star and if Lavar had given Gelo realistic goals imo he could have been a very good college player.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 10-11-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    He’s anything but an idiot. He’s very misunderstood. He is definitely a loud mouth.

HOWEVER, he has supported his family through think and thin. He’s a father to the kids. Stands by his wife through all her medical issues.

Outside of being a loud mouth... I wouldn’t be so quick to trash the guy. In most aspects of his life, he’s a solid example of a man.... something that is VERY LACKING in this world today!
    I'm not casting any aspersions onto his status as a father or a husband. I don't know anything about his personal, private life, and I wouldn't judge something like that without good reason.

All I know is that whenever he appears in the media, it's to be an irritant. So I'd prefer if he stopped doing that.

There had been speculation that the BBB shoes are what was causing issues with Lonzo's feet. He really needs to get away from that brand if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    There had been speculation that the BBB shoes are what was causing issues with Lonzo's feet. He really needs to get away from that brand if that is the case.
    Or perhaps listen to his father and rebuild the brand. Except this time without a money grubbing thief. Nobody said starting a business is easy.

Loosen up. He's already been banned from ESPN. His 15 minutes of fame over and anything he says is white noise.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Or perhaps listen to his father and rebuild the brand. Except this time without a money grubbing thief. Nobody said starting a business is easy.
    That's fine outside of playing the game. If it is indeed damaging his feet, he should not be experimenting with his career. He can build a business separate from his playing.

I'm not casting any aspersions onto his status as a father or a husband. I don't know anything about his personal, private life, and I wouldn't judge something like that without good reason.

All I know is that whenever he appears in the media, it's to be an irritant. So I'd prefer if he stopped doing that.

He does really good charity work. I think the media came and found him this time

That's fine outside of playing the game. If it is indeed damaging his feet, he should not be experimenting with his career. He can build a business separate from his playing.
    Nike has its issues too

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Nike has its issues too

When Lonzo complains about the quality of the BBB shoes (basically his own company), that shows it has issues. I would not think anyone (outside of Lavar) would compare BBB to Nike.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    He is entertaining, i'll give him that.

When Lonzo complains about the quality of the BBB shoes (basically his own company), that shows it has issues. I would not think anyone (outside of Lavar) would compare BBB to Nike.
    It's also a frequency issue.

Nike produces a LOT of shoes. I have no idea how many, I could easily believe millions of pairs per year. Their shoes wear down, like any shoes do, and sometimes they break, but the Zion issue happened once, in one game, and I've only ever heard of one similar incident in the past despite these millions of pairs out there.

BBB produces far, far, far fewer shoes. I'd be very surprised if it was more than a few thousand pairs, total. Yet Lonzo was having to change shoes 4 times a game just to have something playable on his feet.

It's just disingenuous to compare the two.

It's also a frequency issue.

Nike produces a LOT of shoes. I have no idea how many, I could easily believe millions of pairs per year. Their shoes wear down, like any shoes do, and sometimes they break, but the Zion issue happened once, in one game, and I've only ever heard of one similar incident in the past despite these millions of pairs out there.

BBB produces far, far, far fewer shoes. I'd be very surprised if it was more than a few thousand pairs, total. Yet Lonzo was having to change shoes 4 times a game just to have something playable on his feet.

It's just disingenuous to compare the two.
    If you are talking the millions of non-NBA Nikes out there, yes it happens more than you think. I just had to replace my Nike running shoes because the sole on the left shoe came undone as I was running. These weren't new but you'd just expect them them to wear down, not have the sole come completely off.

And I was told as far as running shoes, New Balance is the way to go. NOT Nike.

So despite all the advantages Nike has built up since MJ put them on the map, they still have production issues and are not the king of all tennis shoes.

BBB just needs to learn from their mistakes and keep pushing. And that includes maybe launching a different brand at a different price point. Lots of options if they are serious about it.
    Last edited by luckyman; 10-14-2019 at 06:50 PM.

If you are talking the millions of non-NBA Nikes out there, yes it happens more than you think. I just had to replace my Nike running shoes because the sole on the left shoe came undone as I was running. These weren't new but you'd just expect them them to wear down, not have the sole come completely off.

So despite all the advantages Nike has built up since MJ put them on the map, they still have production issues and are not the king of all tennis shoes.

BBB just needs to learn from their mistakes and keep pushing. And that includes maybe launching a different brand at a different price point. Lots of options if they are serious about it.
    I wasn't trying to say that Nike shoes never malfunction or break, or that they're in some way the absolute peak of shoes your story is proof enough of that. I'm just saying that Nike/Adidas/Li-Ning/Underarmour/etc all produce shoes in an incredible volume, and while they have malfunctions (unavoidably, really) they happen relatively infrequently compared to the volume. So even if Nike has ten pairs of shoes fall to pieces every day, that's still an incredibly small percentage of the total shoes they produce.

By contrast, BBB had produced only a handful of shoes by the time Lonzo was playing in Summer League, and yet pretty much every pair was disintegrating within 15 minutes of play time, according to Lonzo.

That's fine if it's just prototypes, but BBB was already taking shoe pre-orders at that point. Those shoes were not ready for point of sale, and they never should have taken anyone's money with that degree of failure.

Of course you're right, they should just learn from their mistakes, and if LaVar and Co. legit want to run a shoe company or whatever, they should do that. But there's some big hurdles to overcome because their mistakes weren't just mistakes in design, but in design, pricing, marketing, advertising, quality control, etc etc. If they're willing to tear it down and basically start again, then that's fine and good luck to them, but that's a big task. Though I have heard that they had BrandBlack involved somehow in the official BBB ZO2's, after the summer league incident, which would lend them some help because BrandBlack are an actual shoe company that actually makes real shoes you can buy for normal amounts of money that don't explode 20 minutes after unboxing.

BBB cannot even be compared to Nike. They have a lot of things they can work on to try and continue as a going concern, but that is separate from Ball using them as his primary footwear despite the issues he has had. He just needs to find a shoe that works for him and not simply to be loyal to his brand.

Haha come on man have some sense of humor. It's enjoyable when we don't take people like him seriously
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Thread Information