Pelicans Report

Thread: Which Teams Will You Watch Most?

Which Teams Will You Watch Most?

So, the regular season is barely more than a week away. Opening night, Pelicans vs Raptors, is October 22nd. At this point, rosters are pretty much known for all teams with the possible exceptions of a couple of two way contracts here and there. Having seen a few pre-season games, we also know roughly which teams we may or may not be interested in watching.

Now, we all know that people don't only watch their own team's games. There are storylines people follow, players people love to watch, young prospects people are curious about, and as a result, most people usually end up rooting for their 1 team, but still following a few others, and watching many of their games. So, that's this thread: who are the five teams you're going to watch the most this upcoming season, and why?

Here's my list, and hopefully different people will have different lists and that'll be kind of interesting to see who's going to watch who and why.

1) Pelicans - Obvious reasons, I feel pretty safe in assuming that the Pelicans will be on everyone's lists on this site because of reasons that I do not need to explain. Who knows how much we'll actually win this year, but we're guaranteed to be interesting.

2) Nuggets - Nikola Jokic is an absolute wizard and the best passing centre of all time, and it's not particularly close. He's arguably the best passer in the league right now, and even if you don't have him number 1, there's no way you can rate him out of the top 5. He's got the entire package as a passer, with the speed, fluidity, vision, creativity, and accuracy. He is must watch basketball, imo. I'm kind of interested in their other guys, but really I just love watching Jokic play.

3) Clippers - I'm interested in seeing how Kawhi does in a situation that he picked. The excitement for watching them will really kick in once PG13 comes back: I can't wait to see how two guys like Kawhi and PG13 bounce off of one another. They're incredibly interesting on paper as a duo. Beyond that I've always just loved watching PatBev play, I love that aggression he brings on defense.

4) Hornets - They will be absolutely terrible and I am absolutely here for it. Not much more needs saying than that.

5) Thunder - I wanna see how many rebounds Steven Adams averages now that he isn't required to give up 4 of them a night to Westbrook. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander as well is an incredibly interesting young player - watching him learn from CP3 who is an all time great PG is going to be fun. I'm also excited to see what CP3 can do at his age when he's being allowed to actually run an offense again, rather than being sideman to the most isolationist isolation scorer that's ever isolated.

So there's my 5. Who makes your list, and why?
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    1.Pels..

2.Lakers..

Can honestly say as a Lifelong Lakers fan that I'm not all that excited to watch them.

I like the idea of young talent growing and emerging as contenders. The Pels have that.

Not all that interested in seeing any other teams.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    1. PELS
    2. 76ers
    3. LAKERS
    4. CLEVELAND
    5. GSW

I am rooting for the 76ers to go to the finals. They can do it and I think they will. I think they can win it too.

Watching CAVS because we could get their 2019 top 10 protected 1st rounder.... I hope they make the playoffs or barely miss it. I’d love to get a 1st from them like the 12th pick or something.

Watching GSW because they will need to adjust post Durant and without klay. I think they will still be very good and maybe surprise us. Could we trade for Klay? I doubt it lol

Watching LAKERS because I want to see them fail. Yes. I think LeBron is an amazing talent and great basketball mind but the level of disrespect is too much. I think we will beat them. I hope we face them in playoffs....

PELS... I wanna see Lonzo prove he is a star. He will. I bet he makes all star. Also, Zion is going to be a superstar and I think he’s going to keep blowing everyone away. ALSO, I’m looking forward to NAW. I truly believe NAW is a future superstar. He’s clearly got an incredible 3 point shot. He’s got youth and bbiq. He’s got athleticism and great defense. He will replace Jrue and I predict we will get rid of Moore if we can move him in a trade. NAW, Ball and Zion are the future. Ingram and Hayes maybe.... the jury is still out on Okafor but I’m really impressed with his progress and he’s really young....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

Watching CAVS because we could get their 2019 top 10 protected 1st rounder.... I hope they make the playoffs or barely miss it. I’d love to get a 1st from them like the 12th pick or something.

Watching GSW because they will need to adjust post Durant and without klay. I think they will still be very good and maybe surprise us. Could we trade for Klay? I doubt it lol
    Interesting, do you think that's something likely for the Cavs? Just looking at their roster, I feel like Sexton would have to take a huge jump and Love would have to be at his absolute best to even give them a chance. It would be funny if it happened, for sure, but that just seems like such a long shot to me.

As for GS, I hadn't really thought of them but yeah I guess it could be interesting to just see Curry go on a one-man-show for a season. I wouldn't want Klay even if they would trade him (he's already 30, and is tied up for another 4 seasons after this one at $40m per year, and he just had that massive injury), but given that they just extended him I doubt they would. They probably wanna keep Klay, Curry, and Green as lifers if they can.

All-Star
    Most definitely Lakers, for obvious reasons. I hope it's going to be fun watching them crumble and fail.

Great post Pelicanidae I Pelicans The most fun I've had in awhile. Loved Zion at Duke and even more now that he's in the NBA.
    2 Mavericks Luka and Porzingis intrigue me pick and roll/pop should be interesting.
    3 Wizards Only for Rui Hachimura who I really liked at Gonzaga and can be a good pro.

I mean I'll legit only watch the pels unless nothing else is on TV then I might turn on whatever game they have on lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

The teams I saw a good bit of last season were the Pelicans, Jazz, Celtics and Lakers (for research purposes).

I’ll probably keep an eye on the Jazz, Kings, Lakers and Nets this year. Curious to see how Durant comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    The teams I saw a good bit of last season were the Pelicans, Jazz, Celtics and Lakers (for research purposes).

I’ll probably keep an eye on the Jazz, Kings, Lakers and Nets this year. Curious to see how Durant comes back.
    Kings are a good pick actually, they have a lot of cool players. DeAaron Fox is just super fun to watch, and Buddy Buckets is awesome too. Honestly surprised at how incredible a shooter he's become. Obviously that was his primary skill and we all expected him to be good but he's literally the only other player in the league in Curry/Klay territory in terms of volume and accuracy. I'll probably end up watching about 25 games or so from them, between games I just catch and the games all the teams I'll be following will play against them, so that's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wecandothis View Post
    Great post Pelicanidae I Pelicans The most fun I've had in awhile. Loved Zion at Duke and even more now that he's in the NBA.
    2 Mavericks Luka and Porzingis intrigue me pick and roll/pop should be interesting.
    3 Wizards Only for Rui Hachimura who I really liked at Gonzaga and can be a good pro.
    Thanks! I thought it was a pretty good idea. I watch all 82 Pels games every year (obviously any playoff games we have too) and then I usually pick four or five other teams that are interesting and watch 40 or 45 games from each of them as well. Then just a handful of games from other teams, if there's an interesting matchup or nothing else on. So I figured it would be kind of cool to see which teams people are interested in, and I'm glad to see there's actually quite a lot of variety!

Wizards are an unexpected pick, but I definitely know that feeling of just watching a team to see how the young guys look. That's basically the entire appeal of the Hawks for me

Thread Information