Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: October 11th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Utah Jazz - Preseason - 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Wth? So basically the barry sanders of going to the rim? lol
    I have no idea who Barry Sanders is, but sure.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    sorry but I get why you dislike LeBron and so on but zion is the nicest dude he legit will sign autographs for crowds who don't like him lol so how do you dislike him

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Mostly angry Knicks fans, tbh.

I will gladly forfeit an undefeated preseason so that we don’t jinx ourselves per usual

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Mostly angry Knicks fans, tbh.
    twitter man twitter lol but I love naw and frank together Moore is the odd man out to me

did oak play tonight?

The Franchise
    Barry Sanders is one of the best backs in NFL history.. Certainly one of the most exciting.

God this feels like the regular season I love it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Barry Sanders is one of the best backs in NFL history.. Certainly one of the most exciting.
    and???

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    That didn't look like a goaltend to me.:\

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    That didn't look like a goaltend to me.:\
    too close to call you can't overturn bc it looked like one to me

Big time block by Cheet

Awesome the backups got to come in and show case their talents in a really close games and seal the victory. We are going to have a good one in Cheatem!! Wins like these are also great for fans to decide on coming to future games as well. All around huge win even if just pre season.

End of the game. Final score: Pelicans win 128-127. We are now 3-0.

Box Score (of key players, not including people like Josh Gray, sorry)

Lonzo: 15 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, on 40% from the field. 2 turnovers, 3 fouls. -4 +/-
    Hart: 1 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, on 0% from the field. 0 turnovers, 0 fouls. -5 +/-
    Ingram: 18 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, on 46.7% from the field. 4 turnovers, 3 fouls. -7 +/-
    Zion: 26 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, on 75% from the field. 1 turnover, 4 fouls. +13 +/-
    Favors: 2 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, on 0% from the field. 0 turnovers, 1 foul. -8 +/- (only starter to play less than 12 minutes)

NAW: 22 points, 2 rebounds, 4 assists, on 77.8% from the field. 0 turnovers, 0 fouls. +9 +/-
    Frank: 14 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, on 60% from the field. 2 turnovers, 0 fouls. +10 +/-
    Jaxson: 6 points, 1 rebound, 0 assists, on 60% from the field. 0 turnovers, 1 foul. -16 +/-

Best two players of the game were Zion and NAW, pretty much undeniably. Worst player that got major minutes was Hart, who just had a terrible game.

Fair enough. I don't watch the NFL, so I wouldn't know if you wanna know stuff about snooker though, hit me up. Painfully English there, I know, but that's how it is.

Who knew preseason could be this exciting

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    too close to call you can't overturn bc it looked like one to me

Yeah, I know how challenges work, and it was too inconclusive. It was really close, but it looked like he got it in time. Granted though, the camera angles were crap.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Yeah, I know how challenges work, and it was too inconclusive. It was really close, but it looked like he got it in time. Granted though, the camera angles were crap.
    that's what I'm saying lol that's why I used me as an example to you it looked clean too me it didn't so you have to stuck with the call you made

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    and???

He was super efficent averaged like half a first down each carry. And was known to have more moves than a can of worms. Weird comparison but Zion does look like a footballer out there lol

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    End of the game. Final score: Pelicans win 128-127. We are now 3-0.

Box Score (of key players, not including people like Josh Gray, sorry)

Lonzo: 15 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, on 40% from the field. 2 turnovers, 3 fouls. -4 +/-
    Hart: 1 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, on 0% from the field. 0 turnovers, 0 fouls. -5 +/-
    Ingram: 18 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, on 46.7% from the field. 4 turnovers, 3 fouls. -7 +/-
    Zion: 26 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, on 75% from the field. 1 turnover, 4 fouls. +13 +/-
    Favors: 2 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, on 0% from the field. 0 turnovers, 1 foul. -8 +/- (only starter to play less than 12 minutes)

NAW: 22 points, 2 rebounds, 4 assists, on 77.8% from the field. 0 turnovers, 0 fouls. +9 +/-
    Frank: 14 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, on 60% from the field. 2 turnovers, 0 fouls. +10 +/-
    Jaxson: 6 points, 1 rebound, 0 assists, on 60% from the field. 0 turnovers, 1 foul. -16 +/-

Best two players of the game were Zion and NAW, pretty much undeniably. Worst player that got major minutes was Hart, who just had a terrible game.

Can you see now why I was so perturbed with your belief that Ingram and Hart were about equal in production? Love Hart but he's just an okay player to have coming off the bench. Maybe he'll improve and eventually end up being more, but for now that's what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    He was super efficent averaged like half a first down each carry. And was known to have more moves than a can of worms. Weird comparison but Zion does look like a footballer out there lol
    okay maybe you should say that instead of just saying something about a football player at a random time?

We had some luck at the end of this game but we earned that win.

They won despite Jazz shooting 60% and 50% from 3.

It's about time NAW got some national recognition as the 2nd best rookie in the league now.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

It's about time NAW got some national recognition as the 2nd best rookie in the league now.
    yup he's making the coaches have to play him and I love it

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Consistent scoring will get that W. We had no right to be in this game, but we kept it close.

Can you see now why I was so perturbed with your belief that Ingram and Hart were about equal in production? Love Hart but he's just an okay player to have coming off the bench. Maybe he'll improve and eventually end up being more, but for now that's what he is.
    Don't really wanna go into a big discussion about it, since it might derail the thread, but suffice it to say that I thought I had been fairly clear in that talk that part of my reason for rating Hart so much higher than you do is the fact that he's so much cheaper than Ingram, and will be for a lot longer due to his contract situation and Ingram's incoming extension.

Also, this was clearly Hart's worst game of the pre season. If we're going to make judgements based on single pre season games, then there's some pretty damning stuff for Ingram in the Bulls game, a game in which Hart was actually very good.

Thread Information