Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: October 11th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Utah Jazz - Preseason - 2-0

The Franchise
    Coaching staff needs to fix whatever the problem is with the Pels giving up so many open 3's.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Ingram defended that last possession terribly. All shifting balance, no good positioning, hands flying everywhere doing basically nothing and then died on a screen.
    LoL

The Franchise
    Ingram defended that last possession terribly. All shifting balance, no good positioning, hands flying everywhere doing basically nothing and then died on a screen.
    Totally disagree.. he disrupted that play and it almost led to a turnover.

This transition D has been horrific. Another completely open shot given up to O'Neale, this time on NAW.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Coaching staff needs to fix whatever the problem is with the Pels giving up so many open 3's.
    we had a similar problem with Monty. We over rely on help defense.

His length made the pass-out difficult, but his actual technique was dreadful, and that's why he totally failed to recover when the ball started back to the basket. All his momentum was shifted forwards. I'm honestly most impressed that he didn't commit the foul on it.

He will probably start blaming Ingram for missed shots and bad passes even though he’s not on the floor now. He probably got benched for “flailing his arms” lol.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    we had a similar problem with Monty. We over rely on help defense.
    Yea that's pretty much what I've seen..

The Franchise
    His length made the pass-out difficult, but his actual technique was dreadful, and that's why he totally failed to recover when the ball started back to the basket. All his momentum was shifted forwards. I'm honestly most impressed that he didn't commit the foul on it.
    He was out of position because he almost came away with a steal..

Hart has had an awful night unfortunately

He was out of position because he almost came away with a steal..
    But he didn't get the steal. If you gamble, fail, and then are out of position as a result, that's a mistake. Sorry. I grilled Zion over the same thing last game.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    He will probably start blaming Ingram for missed shots and bad passes even though he’s not on the floor now. He probably got benched for “flailing his arms” lol.
    Hoping we all can get along better.. there's a lot to be excited about with this team. I do think some of the analysis is unfair at times though.

The Franchise
    But he didn't get the steal. If you gamble, fail, and then are out of position as a result, that's a mistake. Sorry. I grilled Zion over the same thing last game.
    Difference is Ingram didn't gamble.. his pressure created a fumble, and he almost picked the guy he was actively defending. Big difference.

That was a really ugly forced shot from NAW. First offensive possession he's run that has stuck out to me as just being ugly.

Hoping we all can get along better.. there's a lot to be excited about with this team. I do think some of the analysis is unfair at times though.
    You missed a lot of the pre trade arguments haha. He went so far hating Ingram and Zo he hasn’t been able to humble himself and come back. As you can see he’s continuing on over the big mistake on the night with Ingram defending a PNR LoL.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Hart has had an awful night unfortunately
    This is why I tried to explain to some of the posters here that a comparison between Hart and Ingram was utterly ridiculous.

Difference is Ingram didn't gamble.. his pressure created a fumble, and he almost picked the guy he was actively defending. Big difference.
    So he was just out of position... why?

If he was out of position because he almost created a steal, but wasn't gambling, and didn't get the steal, then he was just out of position. Which is still bad.

It was a bad possession. Sorry about that, but it just was.

Frank is legit!!

This third quarter has sunk this game, I think. Jazz just stretching the court on every play, and we aren't defending well as a unit at all.

Man those open 3...

The Franchise
    So he was just out of position... why?

If he was out of position because he almost created a steal, but wasn't gambling, and didn't get the steal, then he was just out of position. Which is still bad.

It was a bad possession. Sorry about that, but it just was.
    Alright whatever man.. think what you want.

If you almost pick a guy for playing good pressure defense that's going to put you out of position if the opposing player is fortunate enough to retain possession.

We don't need to go back and forth on this.. You're being nit picky in my opinion though.

The Franchise
    NAW my new favorite player..

I really like that Frank can hit the 3 ball off the dribble reliably. He has had a few headscratchers as well tonight, but he isn’t being selfish whatsoever.

I think and hope our defense is just playing vanilla. When the season starts I think we'll see more energy from the guys on defense.

Only down 11, so it's still winnable, but yeah, lots of big flaws in the team exposed tonight.

Thread Information