Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: October 11th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Utah Jazz - Preseason - 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I think NAW has won the backup PG spot. JJ is one of my all time favorite basketball players ever from college but NAW might even be earning that 6th man first guard off the bench.

I second that, NAW is the clear 6th man

Our backups just look like a more cohesive unit to be honest. We ain’t playin bad without Jrue though. Ingram making me scratch my head a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    Utah should be 90% from three... EVERY ONE IS WIDE OPEN

We can’t keep this up, teams will exploit the Pels for leaving the outside open like that. It’s what got us in trouble against the bulls last game. This HAS to be cleaned up before the season starts.
    nah they haven't but good job on the hyperbole 🖒

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Ingram is a much better fit next to Zion then RJ Barrett was. Not even close and Zion will definitely benefit from this. We have the 2 best young wings in the NBA.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    ...What was that?

Lonzo gave Ingram the pass, Ingram went down the baseline. Gobert didn't move to cover him so he had a wide open dunk and instead opted for a reverse layup that got blocked by the rim.

Horrid choice.
    Ingram takes a while to get acclimated to new roles and teammates. I will agree that his decision making hasn't been stellar, I assure you it will get better once he's adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    nah they haven't but good job on the hyperbole ��

He's exaggerating a little (they're not ALL wide open) but he's still right. Pelicans have been REGULARLY cheating off the corner three to help in the paint, and while that's not the worst sin in the world, you have got to recover and contest. So far, we haven't been doing that.

And that's been on everyone. Ingram has done it, Lonzo has done it, Hart has done it, Kenrich has done it, Zion has done it, and so has Frank.
    Basketball.

I said this draft was like the 2017 Saints draft. But jesus christ, it might be better. Behind Zion, NAW, and Hayes alone this team should be in the 2022 finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Ingram takes a while to get acclimated to new roles and teammates. I will agree that his decision making hasn't been stellar, I assure you it will get better once he's adjusted.
    The little drop off to Hayes was what we need to see more of. He was lucky to get the ball back after that poor shot. I like me a player that can play some iso, but Ingram looks like a man that only sees 1 defender on the floor when in fact there are 5

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I'm not judging too much early. I've said it before that I'm not making any strong verdicts on anyone until around December, to give everyone a good sample size of actual regular season action. So when I call a play horrid in the moment, that's only a call about that specific play, not a judgement on the player in general.

Dont think Ive ever seen a team shoot 70% for an entire half.

But only up 8.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    The little drop off to Hayes was what we need to see more of. He was lucky to get the ball back after that poor shot. I like me a player that can play some iso, but Ingram looks like a man that only sees 1 defender on the floor when in fact there are 5
    Pretty much this. Isolation scoring is a skill that can come in handy from time to time, but it should be a backup tool, not the number 1 option. Ingram's played best so far when he's been a willing passer and moved well off ball and on defense (second half of game 1, for example) and has looked dreadful when he's been trying to be The Guy (all of game 2, first half of game 1).

Ingram had a chance to pass it off for better shots and yeah he made his but still he should of passed.....oops better be quiet or our resident Ingram rider will come at me for saying anything bad

The Franchise
    I'm not judging too much early. I've said it before that I'm not making any strong verdicts on anyone until around December, to give everyone a good sample size of actual regular season action. So when I call a play horrid in the moment, that's only a call about that specific play, not a judgement on the player in general.
    I know.. I gotchu... but I will make make an early judgment.. NAW is a future all-star..

I honestly think coaches are telling Ingram to get up shots and be aggressive. Now maybe they rather he do it in the flow of the offense more, but I think they've let him know he's got the green light.

Ingram had a chance to pass it off for better shots and yeah he made his but still he should of passed.....oops better be quiet or our resident Ingram rider will come at me for saying anything bad

He has a bit of Kobe in him for sure. It’s 100 percent decision making with him

Can We please play some defence in the 2 half?

The Franchise
    I agree, it's why I said he'll be fine once he's adjusted. He regularly drives and kicks, he did a lot of that for the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I honestly think coaches are telling Ingram to get up shots and be aggressive. Now maybe they rather he do it in the flow of the offense more, but I think they've let him know he's got the green light.
    I don’t doubt that either, but hopefully he learns when to bail or dump it off. Some of the shots were headscracthers. At least he has shot decently for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Yea people here crack me up. They are completely silent then it turns into oh but wait he missed this open guy or blah blah. I promise you there is nothing he can do to satisfy a couple of people here. Nothing.

I don’t doubt that either, but hopefully he learns when to bail or dump it off. Some of the shots were headscracthers. At least he has shot decently for the most part.
    There's a difference between being ''aggressive'' and being selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea people here crack me up. They are completely silent then it turns into oh but wait he missed this open guy or blah blah. I promise you there is nothing he can do to satisfy a couple of people here. Nothing.
    and I promise you there nothing he can do wrong with one person here cough cough

and I promise you there nothing he can do wrong with one person here cough cough

It's funny because actually the other day I did post several things complimenting Ingram (in fact, I've posted several things in this thread complimenting Ingram) and he said that I only did it to try and cover up for the Ingram hate. Then
    today he turns around and says ''they are completely silent'' until Ingram messes up.

Weird how ''silence'' apparently involves multiple posts and compliments. Almost like he's just being incredibly dishonest.

Great shot from Lonzo to start the quarter, right after a good defensive position with Zion rotating well to the corners and Melli picking off the pass

There's a difference between being ''aggressive'' and being selfish.
    LoL so it’s selfish?! Dude you are so ridiculous with your bias. Could he have played better and made a different decision or 2? Yes but you just sound dumb now. Funny nobody with any basketball knowledge I’m the organization, announcers, or whoever it may be agrees with you. Ball and Ingram were both trash and would never be any different according to you so now it’s hard to back off I guess.

Liked Ingram's outlet pass there to Lonzo, even if I would have preferred Lonzo to drive it against the mismatched defender.

Thread Information