Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: October 11th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Utah Jazz - Preseason - 2-0

Not sure if Favors is fumbling all of these catches because it's his fault, or because NAW keeps hitting the bounce pass far too low so he's having to reach near his ankles to get it.

Could be a bit of both
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan View Post
    How do I view the game. I’m on the northshore and I can’t get it
    It’s should be on “Fox Sports Network” “FSNSW” which is usually around the ESPN channel.

Ugly airball from Hart there

Utah Jazz tactic for defending Zion: If he catches the ball within 5 feet of the rim, foul him hard.

This is basically what our future team is going to be 5+ years from now entering their primes or still yet to enter. I think Jrue is someone that needs to stay here until he just can’t play anymore. He would be the perfect vet to keep around even if he is someone coming off the bench for few minutes. The future of this team is so exciting!

Hoorah, Hayes!

I appreciate Hayes there. Vastly overpowered by Gobert who has 30lbs on him easily, so he pulled the chair and sent Gobert stumbling out of the court

Refs in mid-season form tonight

People need to stop forgetting about and under rating Franky “Flash” Jackson!! He lived with Jrue Holiday and worked out with him all summer at the side of his hip. This kid is a 2 way combo guard who is one of the most athletic guards in the NBA. If not for going into the draft right after having foot surgery he would have been a lottery pick. Only 21 years old on his 2nd season. Don’t know why there is not to love about this kid. Having NAW as his future running mate!? just doesn’t get much better then that!

Ingram's hitting shots well tonight. They're not great shots, but there's only so much you can complain when they're going in.

The Franchise
    I understand that they have Ingram zoning on defense but his man was left wide open for a 3..

So pleased that Ingram decided to pass that back out instead of forcing something contested up.

His decision making has been a lot better this game VS last game.

Absolutely love how the rotations have been!! Obviously Jrue will eat into a little bit of NAW/Frank/JJ but I’m very happy with how Gentry is playing these lineups.

That's elite finishing there from Hayes. Finishing cleanly over Gobert off a one-hand catch and finish.

so no moving screens on that huh okay refs

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Gobert's incredible defense getting tested tonight by Hayes' supernaturally good finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    So pleased that Ingram decided to pass that back out instead of forcing something contested up.

His decision making has been a lot better this game VS last game.
    LoL always has to be some negative thrown in. So pleased he didn’t force as if that’s all he does. In elite territory with MJ and LeBron like I told you all along!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Gobert's incredible defense getting tested tonight by Hayes' supernaturally good finishing.
    dude should have at least 3 fouls for his sticking his hip out screens

I’m a little behind but NAW is a freak!! One of my favorites! So happy to have him.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    LoL always has to be some negative thrown in. So pleased he didn’t force as if that’s all he does. In elite territory with MJ and LeBron like I told you all along!!
    yeah god forbid Ingram gets criticized bc he's sooooo amazing and does no wrong

I think NAW has won the backup PG spot. JJ is one of my all time favorite basketball players ever from college but NAW might even be earning that 6th man first guard off the bench.

...What was that?

Lonzo gave Ingram the pass, Ingram went down the baseline. Gobert didn't move to cover him so he had a wide open dunk and instead opted for a reverse layup that got blocked by the rim.

Horrid choice.

Utah should be 90% from three... EVERY ONE IS WIDE OPEN

We can’t keep this up, teams will exploit the Pels for leaving the outside open like that. It’s what got us in trouble against the bulls last game. This HAS to be cleaned up before the season starts.

The Franchise
    NAW has been the most impressive to me thus far.. Really excited to see him develop this season.

Solid half. Obviously it's a pre-season game, so not everyone is playing on full intensity, but Utah is a very very good team that will probably finish this year with homecourt advantage in the playoffs, and we're only down 8 despite Jrue not playing at all, and getting fairly heavy minutes from Frank Jackson and Jaxson Hayes, neither of whom will play much in the regular season. Good to see.

Thread Information