Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: October 11th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Utah Jazz - Preseason - 2-0

For the Ingram bashers, dont sleep on the defensive job he did on Ingles. Thats where that length at the 3 we been missing for so long comes in handy.

Ingles is no slouch. Has embarrassed Paul George quite a few times.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Don't really wanna go into a big discussion about it, since it might derail the thread, but suffice it to say that I thought I had been fairly clear in that talk that part of my reason for rating Hart so much higher than you do is the fact that he's so much cheaper than Ingram, and will be for a lot longer due to his contract situation and Ingram's incoming extension.

Also, this was clearly Hart's worst game of the pre season. If we're going to make judgements based on single pre season games, then there's some pretty damning stuff for Ingram in the Bulls game, a game in which Hart was actually very good.
    Fine we don't need to go back and forth, but within this short sample size it should be apparent that there simply is no comparison at all between the two. And your exact wording was that they'd be about equal in production. I can get the quote for you.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    okay maybe you should say that instead of just saying something about a football player at a random time?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Or just ignore the reference? I assumed people knew Barry or made the correlation since I said he was efficient. But this is an NBA board and not everyone watches football, so my fault.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Fine we don't need to go back and forth, but within this short sample size it should be apparent that there simply is no comparison at all between the two. And your exact wording was that they'd be about equal in production. I can get the quote for you.
    That's cool, no need to get the quote. I understood then that I had misspoken, and explained that I was talking about value. It was a miscommunication on my part, that's cool. I already clarified what I meant at the time, so it's been gone over.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Or just ignore the reference? I assumed people knew Barry or made the correlation since I said he was efficient. But this is an NBA board and not everyone watches football, so my fault.
    I was gonna be am ads hole but what's the point have a good day

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Yeah it's cool, I don't mind. I get that I'm in the minority here for not watching American football, so it's no big deal if someone makes a reference to it that I don't get.

Here, here's a snooker one: Zions ability to find angles at the rim reminds me a lot of Ronnie O'Sullivan.

The Franchise
    That's cool, no need to get the quote. I understood then that I had misspoken, and explained that I was talking about value. It was a miscommunication on my part, that's cool. I already clarified what I meant at the time, so it's been gone over.
    You never said it was a miscommunication, but it's all good boss.

The Franchise
    Yeah it's cool, I don't mind. I get that I'm in the minority here for not watching American football, so it's no big deal if someone makes a reference to it that I don't get.

Here, here's a snooker one: Zions ability to find angles at the rim reminds me a lot of Ronnie O'Sullivan.
    I actually had to google snooker lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I actually had to google snooker lol..
    Best cue sport in the world.

Frank will steal minutes if he keeps hitting his 3’s. I’m just impressed with all the work everybody put in during the off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Frank will steal minutes if he keeps hitting his 3’s. I’m just impressed with all the work everybody put in during the off-season.
    Steal minutes from who?

Steal minutes from who?
    Hart, reddick, Moore. He is making his 3’s and we definitely need someone that can stretch the floor.

Hart, reddick, Moore. He is making his 3’s and we definitely need someone that can stretch the floor.
    He's definitely not stealing minutes from Redick, I'll be real with you. One of them has had a couple of good pre-season games, the other is one of the greatest shooters in NBA history. That'll only happen if Redick hits the age wall and falls off a cliff immediately.

Moore and Hart, possibly, but I don't really see either of them getting that many minutes to be stolen in the first place. With a guard rotation of Lonzo, Jrue, Redick, and NAW, and Gentry having said that he's going to shorten the rotation to 9 or 10 during the regular season, I can't see a way for another guard to get heavy minutes at all. There's no way we run a rotation that's more than 50% guards.

He's definitely not stealing minutes from Redick, I'll be real with you. One of them has had a couple of good pre-season games, the other is one of the greatest shooters in NBA history. That'll only happen if Redick hits the age wall and falls off a cliff immediately.

Moore and Hart, possibly, but I don't really see either of them getting that many minutes to be stolen in the first place. With a guard rotation of Lonzo, Jrue, Redick, and NAW, and Gentry having said that he's going to shorten the rotation to 9 or 10 during the regular season, I can't see a way for another guard to get heavy minutes at all. There's no way we run a rotation that's more than 50% guards.
    I’m positive Frank will get minutes. Especially if Genty has any hopes of running a transition offense for 82 games. If Gentry freezes out Frank because he has to adhere to a strict 10 man rotation, then he is very stupid. That won’t happen

I’m positive Frank will get minutes. Especially if Genty has any hopes of running a transition offense for 82 games. If Gentry freezes out Frank because he has to adhere to a strict 10 man rotation, then he is very stupid. That won’t happen
    It's not because he has to adhere to a 10 man rotation, it's because playing a larger rotation than 10 or so guys every night is damn near impossible without short changing people on deserving minutes.

It's easy in the pre-season, because everyone is playing 20, maybe 25 minutes and they all understand that, but when you're in the playoff race (which we will be, according to both Griff and Gentry), you're not going to keep everyone on a 25 minute time limit just so that you can get 8 minutes for your 12th man.

It's not because he has to adhere to a 10 man rotation, it's because playing a larger rotation than 10 or so guys every night is damn near impossible without short changing people on deserving minutes.

It's easy in the pre-season, because everyone is playing 20, maybe 25 minutes and they all understand that, but when you're in the playoff race (which we will be, according to both Griff and Gentry), you're not going to keep everyone on a 25 minute time limit just so that you can get 8 minutes for your 12th man.
    There will be injuries and Frank will break the starting rotation just to spite you

There will be injuries and Frank will break the starting rotation just to spite you
    Don't you dare curse us with injuries, for the billionth season in a row.

Good to hear from Zion. He's right about people exaggerating his inability to shoot, as well. He's not some kind of pull-up guy, and he's not going to bury contested triples from the logo, but if you leave him open he can burn you. He shot 34% in college: that was better than RJ Barrett, and Cam Reddish, and pretty much nobody is saying they're non-factors from 3, and he took 2+ a game.

I talked about Zion in another thread so don’t even want to waste my breathe. We know how good he was tonight.

NAW is looking more and more like the “Kwahi” of this draft. Once again I am going to stand up and allow the eggs to be thrown at me. Talk about the envy of the league.

I know it was preseason, but without Jrue, with out Ok...who lowkey might actually be something we might not know yet....this team is loaded with great great young talent.

I loved the minutes Sideshow gave us tonight too.

Defensively we have to sharpen up. But I think as we get more dominant due to the unstoppable force on our team, the pace will slow down for opposing teams who will have to pick their shots wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post
    I talked about Zion in another thread so don’t even want to waste my breathe. We know how good he was tonight.

NAW is looking more and more like the “Kwahi” of this draft. Once again I am going to stand up and allow the eggs to be thrown at me. Talk about the envy of the league.

Defensively we have to sharpen up. But I think as we get more dominant due to the unstoppable force on our team, the pace will slow down for opposing teams who will have to pick their shots wisely.

No question about it. NAW has been high usage in his minutes, but he's making the most of them: among high usage players, look at the company he shares. He's been incredible in this pre-season, and he was fantastic in summer league too.

When we drafted him, I said that I was okay with the pick and that NAW was definitely an NBA player, but that it didn't really excite me. I saw him as one of those useful backup guards, who is definitely very good, could get rotation minutes on a playoff team, but wouldn't be a starter level piece on a great team.

Now, obviously I don't wanna get too ahead of myself just from pre-season, but he looks like he's proving me wrong. His college system didn't really give him the kind of freedom he has had for us, and with that new-found freedom has come an explosion in his skillset and his aggression. He's looked fantastic. There are probably 10 or 15 teams in the league he would be starting on, and his potential is definitely higher than ''rotation piece for a playoff team''. He's been amazing.

And yeah, I agree on defense. There's a lot of work to do there.

It's a shame the opening schedule is so brutal clear to December.

Thread Information