Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: October 11th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Utah Jazz - Preseason - 2-0

Pelicans October 11th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Utah Jazz - Preseason - 2-0

After a successful two game road trip to start the season, the New Orleans Pelicans return to Louisiana to make their home debut against the Utah Jazz.

Here's the injury report:

With no Jrue (although word is that this is just precautionary and he's pretty much fine), I would suggest starting NAW. I get the feeling they won't do that, because they hate me, but it is what they should do.

Tonight we take on the Jazz. They are 1-1, having won their first game by 52 against the Adelaide 36ers of the NBL, and then having lost their second game by 34 to the Bucks. So for them, there have been no close games so far. I would personally like to keep it that way, with us delivering them their second consecutive blowout loss tonight in New Orleans.

Their main guys are pretty obviously Donovan Mitchell, Mike Conley, and Rudy Gobert, although I have no idea how many of them will play tonight. Possibly all of them, but also, any one of them could be missing and I can't be bothered with trawling through the Utah injury reports: we will know 30 minutes before tip off, when the Jazz announce their starting lineup.

This should be a fun one. Hopefully some of you guys are in the SKC tonight to watch the pre-season home debut, before the Pels head off on the road again.

Let's go, get this win! #WBD
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    After a successful two game road trip to start the season, the New Orleans Pelicans return to Louisiana to make their home debut against the Utah Jazz.

Here's the injury report:

With no Jrue (although word is that this is just precautionary and he's pretty much fine), I would suggest starting NAW. I get the feeling they won't do that, because they hate me, but it is what they should do.

Tonight we take on the Jazz. They are 1-1, having won their first game by 52 against the Adelaide 36ers of the NBL, and then having lost their second game by 34 to the Bucks. So for them, there have been no close games so far. I would personally like to keep it that way, with us delivering them their second consecutive blowout loss tonight in New Orleans.

Their main guys are pretty obviously Donovan Mitchell, Mike Conley, and Rudy Gobert, although I have no idea how many of them will play tonight. Possibly all of them, but also, any one of them could be missing and I can't be bothered with trawling through the Utah injury reports: we will know 30 minutes before tip off, when the Jazz announce their starting lineup.

This should be a fun one. Hopefully some of you guys are in the SKC tonight to watch the pre-season home debut, before the Pels head off on the road again.

Let's go, get this win! #WBD
    They will start Moore just to give me an aneurism.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    They will start Moore just to give me an aneurism.
    I would hate it, but I would accept it as long as they upped NAW's minutes to compensate. Start Moore for the sole purpose of keeping NAW as the backup PG, if you want, but give him 20 minutes instead of 10 or 12. I think he got 15 last game, he's earned more, and with Jrue out there's no reason not to give him 20 or 25 like Zion, Lonzo, Ingram, and Favors get.

Don't know if anyone on this board is attending the game in person, but if you are, here is the warning. Figured I might as well post it on the board just in case you don't check twitter.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I think seeing Zion play is the reason most people are going. But keeping the team as healthy as possible is important.

I want to see favors posterize go-bert. Who's riding with me..::dances::

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    I want to see favors posterize go-bert. Who's riding with me..::dances::
    I'd love to see it, but I don't think it'll happen

Favors hasn't been that aggressively offensively so far, and Gobert really is good at his job.

They'll likely start Redick. Whos been used to starting lately anyway. Which is a good choice.

Not what I think any of us were expecting

Wild.

Okay so, with Favors only playing 20-25 minutes tonight because it's preseason, and Okafor playing limited minutes due to knee issue, do we see Hayes a little tonight?

Not expecting him to play 20 minutes or anything, but do we get 10 minutes of Hayes? Please?

Jazz are playing the whole squad

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Not what I think any of us were expecting
    I’m actually very excited about this. Hart is very underrated. He plays really good D and will run with the team. He played well last game with the 3 ball dropping.

I like it!

NAW will get his shot in due time. He’s too good not to! I can’t wait for NAW to ball out.... this is true based on the amount of NAW signed rookie cards I’ve bought lol.

SKC looks absolutely empty on the stream. Hopefully that's not representative of actual attendance.

is game blacked out locally? how did i miss that. where are folks watching?

Okay so now the SKC looks full. Took about 10 minutes of screen time for the whole place to fill out

That was a good defensive possession from everyone. That foul they just called on Zion was nonsense.

Love the way Favors is defending Gobert right now. Absolutely ruining his night.

Wonderful read by Royce O'Neal there. Hate to see it, he ruined the highlight, but that was all ball.

Comes after a nice defensive possession again though, Ingram flashed outside the restricted area very nicely and Lonzo read the passing lanewell

Thread Information