Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rumor: One single executive think Ingram won’t get extended

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Oh, I'm not optimistic I have never liked Ingram as a player at all, and unfortunately his ceiling seems a long long way away. I'm just hoping for the sake of the team.

His ceiling seems a long way away?! LoL he’s 22 years old!! What do you not get about that? I can go to player after player who are stars and super stars that simply weren’t as good as Ingram or even close at age 20-21..

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    To be honest, I think he's trying to get back into the flow. He hasn't played basketball since what, February/March? Don't think this is what we're gonna see often.
    Not only has he not played basketball he wasn’t able to do anything more the. A slow walk for months! He said he basically had to sit on a couch. Wasn’t able to work on any shooting form since that’s where the artery was. It’s going to take him time before the consistency come back. My time table for him is how he plays after the all star break where his conditioning along with the shooting touch should be back. Until then we will see some great games followed by some duds. His overall skill set should always give us a productive player on the floor. He can create for others as a point forward and make some great hockey assists while being a great defender. We got a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That was a huge part of why so many of us didn't like the idea of Ingram as a central piece of an AD deal. Beyond his play, the time-scale. He needs extending this year, and if he's not good enough to extend then he needs moving. That means we have a maximum of about 4 months (November, December, January, beginning of Feb) to make the choice over whether to keep him or not. We don't have that long for Gentry to sort him out, and that's a worry.
    LoL!! Ingram’s time scale had absolutely nothing to do with why you didn’t want Ingram. I literally have near everything you trashed him for saved and none of it was because he would need to be extended. The least on your mind was extension because of how trash you said he was. If he gets paid by us then I trust Griffin/Langdon to know a little more then your bias opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    I hope you guys are right. However, I’m not as optimistic. I’ve never liked his attitude but I hope the Pelicans can help change that. The first two weeks of the season will be a good measuring stick for the Pelicans in regards to Ingram.

If he is willing to adapt he is undoubtedly a positive asset to this team. If not... time to go shopping!

His “attitude” has always been way over blown. He acts exactly like Kawhi Leonard and I don’t see this being an issue at all. He’s not an extremely emotional player when things are good and bad which is something I like. He is a gym rat who spends all of his time in the gym working on his craft and just wants to be the best. Here he won’t have to worry about the LA spotlight being on him and following his every move 24/7. If you can point to something he has done I would like to know but everything I know about Ingram he is nothing but a team player who is as hard a worker as there is.

Thread Information