Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This Man Anthony Davis Has a lot of Nerve

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansBBall View Post
    But see.... I think AD will get up for these games (with the Lakers) because he’s finally on a stage he WANTS to be on.
    I think he did great things here and I believe sadly we were an afterthought in the city. But at the end of the day AD not Chris Paul wanted to be in THIS small market.

But that’s ok at this point.
    We have a squad and they are young and motivated.
    Except the end of the season isn't the same as the start of the season.

We all know how it goes with Lebron teams. They'll look great, then at some point in mid December they'll lose two games in a row, and the media will start asking questions. First time AD sees a news report that asks ''Does Lebron Have Enough Help?!'' will be a wake up call for him.

If he has to go through months of that, and then they don't even get homecourt in the playoffs (or possibly even miss the playoffs, which isn't out of the question depending on roster health) then who's to say he decides to re-up there? He already spent the summer talking about how he'd love to play in Chicago one day. Maybe home will look a little brighter to him.

I'm not saying that will happen, I'm just saying that there's no guarantee that now he's in LA, he will want to stay there. The grass is always greener until it isn't.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...is-los-angeles

Good to know that AD half-assed it for 7 years.

And how about this gem from Kendrick Perkins! Playing double agent while playing for us.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT DAVIS OR THE LAKERS!!! THE ONLY TEAM I CARE ABOUT IN THE NEW ORLEANS PELICANS!!! THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST ROSTER I EVER SEEN!! THE PELICANS ARE DEEP AT ALL POSITIONS AND WE HAVE A TEAM OF MEN WHOM HAVE SOMETHING TO PROVE!!! #LETSDANCE!!

Best part of this story to me was that he's eating the pizza that the restaurant specially makes for Lebron due to Lebron's "dietary restrictions"...dude can't even pick out his own pizza? Geez, grow up a little.

I mean this all makes sense. It was only weeks after we had just swept Portland and made it to the 2nd round before AD was firing his agent and hiring LeBron’s puppet. As good as AD is though we are absolutely better off now with our team than with him.

We only made the Playoffs twice in his entire time here. I don't believe he's changed that much simply because he's playing with retirement aged Lebron. His team is worse than ours. I don't believe he'll stay healthy having to carry and even BIGGER load during the regular season while Lebron rests and with worst surrounding players.

all I know... if we play like we did against atlanta in every game this season we may get 48-52 wins. AD who?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I mean this all makes sense. It was only weeks after we had just swept Portland and made it to the 2nd round before AD was firing his agent and hiring LeBron’s puppet. As good as AD is though we are absolutely better off now with our team than with him.

We only made the Playoffs twice in his entire time here. I don't believe he's changed that much simply because he's playing with retirement aged Lebron. His team is worse than ours. I don't believe he'll stay healthy having to carry and even BIGGER load during the regular season while Lebron rests and with worst surrounding players.

I think it was during that playoff game with GS game 3 or 4 when Davis shut it down. Completely no effort from him in that playoff game.

Ya’ll still talkin bout Betamax?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I think it was during that playoff game with GS game 3 or 4 when Davis shut it down. Completely no effort from him in that playoff game.
    yup, while everyone else are out there playing their asses off and it's not like those games were blow outs either and he's just going through the motions it was sad.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I watched Chris Paul back in YHT. He really look likes he does not want to be there this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Except the end of the season isn't the same as the start of the season.

We all know how it goes with Lebron teams. They'll look great, then at some point in mid December they'll lose two games in a row, and the media will start asking questions. First time AD sees a news report that asks ''Does Lebron Have Enough Help?!'' will be a wake up call for him.

If he has to go through months of that, and then they don't even get homecourt in the playoffs (or possibly even miss the playoffs, which isn't out of the question depending on roster health) then who's to say he decides to re-up there? He already spent the summer talking about how he'd love to play in Chicago one day. Maybe home will look a little brighter to him.

I'm not saying that will happen, I'm just saying that there's no guarantee that now he's in LA, he will want to stay there. The grass is always greener until it isn't.
    Agreed!
    I understand it may be more financially beneficial to wait to sign but to just act like you’re totally focused on this year and signing with the Lakers isn’t at all on your mind just blows me away.

Honestly, he was here a long time and I don’t even fault him for wanting to move on.
    But the way he and Rich Paul handles it was totally wrong and karma is something...
    NEW ORLEANS
    There is NO place like Home!

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    yup, while everyone else are out there playing their asses off and it's not like those games were blow outs either and he's just going through the motions it was sad.

Yeah it was.
    I remember when Chris Paul did the same thing in a playoff series and we all knew he wanted out.
    So cool.

We have a young group we can watch develop along with assets to make us a legit situation CONSISTENTLY!

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansBBall View Post
    Agreed!
    I understand it may be more financially beneficial to wait to sign but to just act like you’re totally focused on this year and signing with the Lakers isn’t at all on your mind just blows me away.

Honestly, he was here a long time and I don’t even fault him for wanting to move on.
    But the way he and Rich Paul handles it was totally wrong and karma is something...
    Yeah I think that's the general view of the entire fanbase. I don't think I've seen anyone get mad at him for wanting to go elsewhere. All of the criticism has been about how he's handled it, how the trade request was made public, how he named specific teams, the ''That's All Folks!'' shirt, then claiming he didn't pick it himself, then it came out that he had told teammates that he might request a trade at the beginning of the season, etc etc.

Nobody is mad at him for wanting out: it sucks, but it's understandable. He has handled it horrifically.

This Man Anthony Davis Has a lot of Nerve

Betamax is hurt! That didn’t take long. And yes this makes me happy I don’t care it’s not like it’s serious

Silver Screen and Roll : Lakers vs. Nets Final Score: Anthony Davis exits with thumb sprain as L.A. loses 99-71.
    https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...rain-timetable

Not only did the Lakers get blown out 91-77, but Anthony Davis exited the game in the first half with a sprained right thumb and didn’t return.
    From being a fan of another team for so many years, I wasn't really aware of AD's delicacy before I came over to this board and started hearing the stories. It was hard to bail on a team after 20 years, but between him and older LeBron (who I was never a fan of) staying healthy, and the incompetent ph*ckery of the ownership and FO, I am glad I did. I will be at Staples repping the Pels for the first Lakers home game in January, so I can watch Zion snap AD in half

Ol man Lebron better stay upright. Or that house of cards all falls down.

If Anthony has one weakness, it is his glass fingers. Must have broken every bone in both hands.

I actually think it’s better for us if the Lakers don’t completely tank this year tbh. I want them to get a fringe playoff seed.

That ********** is broke!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

well that's hilarious

4 to 8 weeks? Hope Lebron likes Javale McGee. LMao

We all said it when the trade was made and the Lakers assembled their roster. They have no depth, no injury-insurance, nothing. One big injury and that could be their season lost.

Now, 4-8 weeks isn't that bad for the Lakers. It would be disastrous for us, but fortunately for LA fans, they have the world's easiest, weakest, cushiest schedule for at least the first 5 weeks of the season, so even without AD I'd expect them to be able to coast at around .500 simply due to Lebron being Lebron.

But yeah, this is what we were talking about. If this had happened in, say, January, as the Lakers finally start getting a slightly tougher schedule, this would be their season gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We all said it when the trade was made and the Lakers assembled their roster. They have no depth, no injury-insurance, nothing. One big injury and that could be their season lost.

Now, 4-8 weeks isn't that bad for the Lakers. It would be disastrous for us, but fortunately for LA fans, they have the world's easiest, weakest, cushiest schedule for at least the first 5 weeks of the season, so even without AD I'd expect them to be able to coast at around .500 simply due to Lebron being Lebron.

But yeah, this is what we were talking about. If this had happened in, say, January, as the Lakers finally start getting a slightly tougher schedule, this would be their season gone.
    https://streamable.com/xwkpd

I’ll just leave this here.

I’m not calling a complete washed fall off because he’s so smart.
    But the pace of the league right now is making Lebron to me look a little...old.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post
    https://streamable.com/xwkpd

I’ll just leave this here.

I’m not calling a complete washed fall off because he’s so smart.
    But the pace of the league right now is making Lebron to me look a little...old.
    I mean... Lebron is a little old. He turns 35 in December. He's played more minutes than anybody else in the last 15 years, and has made 9 finals trips. A lot of miles on those tires.

That said, I don't think he's washed, and I don't think he'll legitimately fall off. His passing has reached absolutely peak levels (Thinking Basketball actually did a pretty good video just the other day on Lebron's passing) and he's still strong as all hell. I've seen some people saying that he's going to have an MVP season this year, and while I don't really think that's the case, I think he'll still manage to pull 25/7/7 out of the hat on above league average efficiency. He's still going to be an all-NBA level talent this year, and he'll still finish the season as a top 10 player. Maybe not number 1 anymore, or maybe even not top 3, but he'll be there, health permitting.

We joke about Zion and the Thanos connection and stuff, but nothing in NBA history has been more inevitable than Lebron being dominant.

Memphis Says “No” to Iggy too on buyout ! LOL.

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/201...akers-clippers
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 10-12-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I don't think anyone that has watched Pelicans basketball in the past 7 years is surprised AD can't get up for most games. He won't make it through the whole season.

It's slightly tragic, in a way. The most likely outcome is AD being mildly successful in LA but the Pelicans ascending to greatness with Zion. If that happens, AD's legacy will always be trash. A great player who couldn't take NOLA to another level, who then bolts and watches another player take it to another level. He HAS to keep the Lakers better than the Pelicans for the remainder of his career to not be seen in that way by public perception.
    HE WILL NOT!!!

annnnnd now Gerald Green is hurt probably out for season

Thread Information