Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: N/P : Anyone following this NBA China situation?

Quote Originally Posted by jcollins9 View Post
    Was the NEP under Lenin communist? In a country ruled by a communist dictatorship, which stage of the dialectic makes you officially communist?
    From a standpoint of someone who's read a lot of Marx, and a lot about Marx, your statements don't really make sense. If you're correct, then there's never been a communist government. Ever.
    That's simply not true.
    No, it wasn't.

If you've read a lot of Marx then you'll know that the abolition of the value form and the abolition of the class system are pretty much the principle standards for the achievement of communism, and a country like China which has taken absolutely zero steps towards said abolition cannot be said to be communist by any real standard that would be recognised by Marx, or indeed Engels.

It's fair to say, if you want, that communism is a conceptual failure because it can't be implemented and collapses into state capitalism. But it's another thing to just say ''oh yeah communism is when things get corrupt.''
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Please Chairman Mao, break it down for us. How is China not a communist country. Besides their business dealings being better than what my parents home country of Cuba has, they are exactly the same. You say something in about Xi “like calling him Winnie the Poo”.

Please proceed.
    Lol, if you want a discussion about the politics of China it's probably not a good idea to start it with implying that the person you're talking to is a Maoist

I mean, I get that the Red Scare absolutely cratered any and all political discussion in the US for a long time and there's a huge amount of functional illiteracy with regards to communism in the United States, but come on.

N/P : Anyone following this NBA China situation?

For anyone interested in further education on this subject check out today’s podcast of The Daily. Really well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Lol, if you want a discussion about the politics of China it's probably not a good idea to start it with implying that the person you're talking to is a Maoist

I mean, I get that the Red Scare absolutely cratered any and all political discussion in the US for a long time and there's a huge amount of functional illiteracy with regards to communism in the United States, but come on.
    Big business is great in China as long as a party member has a chair at the table.

Bruh, the difference between Cuban communism and Chinese communism is Tricky Dick realized that there is a lot more money to be made in a country of a billion+ people as opposed to a small island nation. It doesn’t change the fact that the two are communist countries, it just changes the type of cars they drive.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Big business is great in China as long as a party member has a chair at the table.

Bruh, the difference between Cuban communism and Chinese communism is Tricky Dick realized that there is a lot more money to be made in a country of a billion+ people as opposed to a small island nation. It doesn’t change the fact that the two are communist countries, it just changes the type of cars they drive.
    Please read Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Please read Marx.
    Skid or Richard?

Thread Information